Author Topic: GMK Scoop/Bump Obsession - A Possible Solution  (Read 28971 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: GMK Scoop/Bump Obsession - A Possible Solution
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:14:21 »

It's pretty sad that the need for alternative homing keys are ignored by almost every GMK GB, there are a lot of extras, but no alternative homing keys, I take it as an insult personally

I'm not sure if this is the right attitude to have with GBs
A GB is a balancing act between affordable prices and optimum joining numbers

Let's say there are 100 possible extras, and only 20 is affordable, in most GB's, even aesthetical extras take priority over bumped homing keys, bumped F/J's aren't even included in the Extras packs

If you inspect these GB's, runners are always scoop users themselves, the needs of non-scoop users are always ignored, it's easy to ignore the needs of others when one's own needs are satisfied

Anyway, I got enough GMK's to last a lifetime, so it's not my problem anymore :)

The truth is though that its what the majority wants that matters - even if its just an aesthetic add on

In the few GMK GBs I've been in there has never been a vocal majority asking for nibbed homing keys - pretty much everyone wants stuff like HHKB, 75%, 1800 support and dank colour packs

Offline Polymer

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:36:40 »
No they don't..a few people want that.

The number of 1800s out there is really small.  HHKB layout?  Not common at all on MX...

I'm for layout support but again, this comes down to what the GB leader wants for his/her layout support even if only a handful of people actually support it.  Look at the mixed TA profile GB...I think literally ONE person wanted it and the GB Leader was open to the idea...done..

I completely understand ISO, 60%, WKL..even 75%...but some of the more exotic layouts..no way...
Same with extras when it comes to looks...We're already buying the GB because of the looks..if we want to customize it further, there are tons of other GBs where they'll fit.  Look at Hyperfuse, the colors went with other mod packs already out there which was a great idea.

A quick peek in the scoops/nibs thread and you can see, there are quite a few users that prefer nibs...

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 10:45:18 »
Interest checks serve the only purpose of building the hype. Suggestions are not welcomed, and if you dare to suggest something the OP often threatens you with personal messages, saying things like "if you didn't ask, I would have included that function, but since you have insisted, I will not include it". Interest checks suck.

Offline joey

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 11:17:29 »
Lol, so bitter.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 12:07:56 »
Wow that hasn't been my experience with ICs whatsoever

Offline Dee1

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 12:56:47 »

Finally sealed the deal with GMK, yey :)
Awesome! +1 for picking up a few sets later. :)

Offline Polymer

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 00:33:23 »

I agree..it isn't quite that...but they're not really looking for a lot of recommendations either..unless they agree with them. 

The Scoops/Nibs thread was something like what..38-40% pro nibs....So if you drop that to 30% as representative of the population as a whole...which even includes those people that have never tried scoops so they can't possibly prefer them..but lets just say conservatively, 30%...

30% is higher than the % of the people in a GB with the funky layouts..like 1800...even 75%....and yet those preferences are preferred over adding TWO..just TWO keys...Which is less than either of those layouts add ons..Basically, if the GB Runner doesn't want it, it won't happen..that's fine...I can accept that..but don't act like you're going with what people a good chunk of people are asking for..and of all things it is FEEL which is probably the most important aspect of keycaps...

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 01:26:20 »

I agree..it isn't quite that...but they're not really looking for a lot of recommendations either..unless they agree with them. 

The Scoops/Nibs thread was something like what..38-40% pro nibs....So if you drop that to 30% as representative of the population as a whole...which even includes those people that have never tried scoops so they can't possibly prefer them..but lets just say conservatively, 30%...

30% is higher than the % of the people in a GB with the funky layouts..like 1800...even 75%....and yet those preferences are preferred over adding TWO..just TWO keys...Which is less than either of those layouts add ons..Basically, if the GB Runner doesn't want it, it won't happen..that's fine...I can accept that..but don't act like you're going with what people a good chunk of people are asking for..and of all things it is FEEL which is probably the most important aspect of keycaps...

Wow, the situation couldn't have been summarised better, well done

------

I think I roughly decided how to distribute the keycaps, I was considering two options, one was pretty financial but it enabled me to recover my spending pretty quick, the other was the opposite, I was going to give ~50 sets free to trusted distributers that is willing to distribute them in EU/UK

I think I will find the middle ground and price them at an affordable sum but set a min. order amount as I don't have the time or energy to ship a lot of items.

This will likely trigger mini GB's in US/EU and everyone will get their keycaps easily and affordably and It will at least make it worthwhile for me to ship them abroad (I'm unbelievably lazy)

------

I have 5 Dolch alphas yet I will probably use like 10 F/J's min. as I intend to sand them a bit and casualties might occur :)

The GMK bump is pretty piercing, here is a comparison:
110673-0

Vortex PBT's are inferior in quality as the stem holder gap shows from the top of the keycap, yet their bump design is much superior, it's small yet noticeable, it's comfortable to press, luckily sanding the GMK achieves the same result and it's possible to do without damaging the keycap
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Polymer

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 01:47:05 »
Khaannn,

Since you've already dealt with GMK...why don't you start your own GB?  Maybe see if someone wants to design it with you and get one going....I think the only issues is there have been a flood of them lately...

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 02:18:50 »
Khaannn,

Since you've already dealt with GMK...why don't you start your own GB?  Maybe see if someone wants to design it with you and get one going....I think the only issues is there have been a flood of them lately...

A basic set costs 15.000 euros with a rough calculation, let's say 20.000 euros with some satisfactory extras

I would probably just separate things and approach it as alphas+modifiers, get some risk-free alphas like white on black, dolch alphas, black on white etc.

Then probably get separate modifiers made similar to billnye's - this puts me around 100.000 euros max, a significant investment, but it enables buyers to mix and match alphas and modifiers to their liking freely

The real challenge is the business and taxing part, I hate the concept of an official taxed business, so the idea ends here, it wouldn't be easy to do all these and do it on a personal scale, I try to influence Originative instead, which pretty much does this, the next set of Dolch's are going to include a 1.75 R3 Control for example (also 1.25 blanks), it's a small victory but a victory :)

Also, again comparatively, on a personal/selfish scale, I achieved this for myself by spending <<2000 euros, I have a lot of unique modifiers, blanks, dolch alphas, bumped F/J's on the way, so extending the existing sets on the market is always much much easier

I think it should even be a thing, GB leaders could allow small groups to add custom keys, and the GB leader could handle the payment etc. - this way no one would become upset, they either would pay or accept the situation
This is much more doable with SP, a unique keycap is $100, and producing 10 probably makes it $12 x 10 or something, $50-$60 is a small amount to pay for some keycaps that will make a set perfect for you (each absurd layout generally has 5-6 supporters at least, probably 50-60 for alternative homing keys)

As another unrelated note, I think these extra keycap ideas are falsely dismissed by individuals, I see a lot of people that spend $100-200's on multiple keycap sets, yet a lot of people shy away from paying $100-200 for custom keycaps that they need - paying $100-200 for one set and $400-500 for custom keycaps makes a bit more sense to me, because no matter how many $100-200's you drop on multiple sets, you usually can't get exactly what you want (my DSA adventure is a physical manifestation of this, I had 6-7 sets at least but didn't have what I want, ended up selling them all, now with GMK's, I have what I want, I will soon move on after an exact year of a keyboard/cap journey)
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 September 2015, 02:20:32 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Polymer

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 04:07:28 »
Well the problem is that extras or the extra layouts...those never hit MOQ for GMK...although I do agree, people need to be willing to pay more....

Like FJ nibs...If getting them cost 500 euro in total....You just need to say, ok, the MOQ is 50..but at 50 we're splitting the cost so everyone pays 10 Euro each...but then everyone gets 5 sets...If you get more you can split it out further...essentially you still end up paying 1 euro for each key but everyone has to take an even share (or people can take more if they want).  Shipping is already part of the main set. 

Actually, that might be the way to hit MOQ for the extras...and those people that end up not hitting 250 just end up with extra sets...they might just keep them or they can sell them later...and if they do nothing with it they've paid more for those few extras but at least they have what they want...

The more extra keys you need, the more you'll need to be in it..and the people that don't want it don't need to stump up for it..

Offline joey

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 05:19:27 »
Are you suggesting to add FJbars to extras sets, or making them their own set within a GB?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 06:02:25 »
Are you suggesting to add FJbars to extras sets, or making them their own set within a GB?

I'm suggesting they become a standard minimal addition to all base sets

If not, I'm suggesting they at least become available at an increased cost in increased quantities (The MOQ could be 25 but each set would include 10 F/J's)

Offline joey

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 06:24:56 »
I was asking Polymer, it sounded like he wanted to add 10 FJ into the "normal" extras set.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 12:16:17 »
No..both Khaannn and I are on the same page.

I'd prefer to see it as the regular extras..but if not you can add it and have the people that want it order it. But rather than require a MOQ of 250 for those buyers, you make it something like 50..it is still part of the GB but lets say 50 people order it..the real MOQ is 250 so each of those people would get 5 of each key and they'd pay for 5 of each key...(So in this specific example, 5 x F w/ nibs, 5 x J w/ nibs.

Those people could use it themselves...sell them, give them away..whatever...

Some might argue..well the point is to get as many people in the GB as possible..sure...but if you want your specific special keys, be prepared to pay extra but you'll get a bunch of extra keys...the concept might fail but then this comes back to, people are really insistent their preference gets included even when there aren't that many people with that layout and they're ok with sticking other people with those keys...

Whereas, at least Khaannn and I are saying, look, I'll pay extra for those specific keys I want (within reason) so other people don't have to eat that cost...

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 18:19:04 »
Hey everyone,

First of all, apologies.

I intended to make these: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73910.msg1860342#msg1860342 keycaps available 4 months ago, but things have not been very good lately, I feel like I let many people down by delaying this much, for what it's worth, I haven't used the F/J's myself yet, but I've been using the alpha coloured tab, it's a beauty :)

I finally shipped 100X of each to Sheraton/Originative, so hopefully they will be easily and affordably available in 2-3 weeks tops

Once/if they are available from Originative, going to try and pm everyone who showed interest, pm'ed or wanted to be informed

Finally pursuing my last build too:

135585-0

135587-1

(Exact layout: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/e981a31e8654ca60b7c8 - realized I used the old layout for the screenshots :) The arrows have standard 60% spots in the linked layout, the gaps are nice to have too, after using 1.25 arrows for a year, the fingers relax)

Tho the alpha coloured tab should look better in full size / regular 60%'s
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 April 2016, 18:30:13 by KHAANNN »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 18:32:28 »
Hey everyone,

First of all, apologies.

I intended to make these: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73910.msg1860342#msg1860342 keycaps available 4 months ago, but things have not been very good lately, I feel like I let many people down by delaying this much, for what it's worth, I haven't used the F/J's myself yet, but I've been using the alpha coloured tab, it's a beauty :)

I finally shipped 100X of each to Sheraton/Originative, so hopefully they will be easily and affordably available in 2-3 weeks tops

Once/if they are available from Originative, going to try and pm everyone who showed interest, pm'ed or wanted to be informed

Finally pursuing my last build too:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Exact layout: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/e981a31e8654ca60b7c8 - realized I used the old layout for the screenshots :) The arrows have standard 60% spots in the linked layout, the gaps are nice to have too, after using 1.25 arrows for a year, the fingers relax)

Tho the alpha coloured tab should look better in full size / regular 60%'s

Looking forward to the bars.

Also, is that a project you're working on for yourself or do you intend to release it to the public?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 18:50:20 »
Looking forward to the bars.

Also, is that a project you're working on for yourself or do you intend to release it to the public?

Myself, there isn't significant interest to custom arrowed 60%'s as far as I checked, I also don't have the energy for such an undertaking, it took me 5 stupid months to even ship these keycaps

Here is a potato photo of the setup, switches not inserted:

135598-0

Off topic, the case/plate color challenged me more than it should, TEX case is a perfect case, yet GMK keycaps have sharp edges, so they look bad inside the TEX case which has a border radius of ~3mm, probably perfect for D/SA keycaps - no matter which combo I tried, I couldn't beat the Vortex-silver case + stainless steel plate combo. Apart from the obsession tho, tex-case + 3d printed plates are more comfortable to use, so just going forward now, the colors also surprisingly match the G602 mouse 1:1

If you are interested in this specific layout, you only have to drill for one keycap placement (the Alt that is aligned with the Shift's edge), drill 2 easy places on the sprit 60% pcb
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 April 2016, 18:52:08 by KHAANNN »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 02:10:58 »
The long awaited bumped homing keys and alpha coloured tab key :p

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 01:18:43 »
I still can't believe you purchased all those keys yourself.

I'd love to get a pair of bumps myself.

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 12:31:43 »
I'm going to try and pick up that F/J set and I'm digging that 60% w/ arrow layout.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 04:37:17 »
Hi everyone,

The keycaps are finally on Originative, sorry for the delays (both from my side and later on Originative :)

I'm going to try and inform everyone who needed these keycaps as much as I did, already sent some PM's, if I miss anyone, again, apologies

For what it's worth, I still haven't used the F/J's myself, got so used to the original Ivan Cyan's :)

This is my last iteration, probably tested 100's of different combinations up to now, but just can't start building the thing, once you have a satisfying keyboard, building a new one becomes extremely challenging, the sanding of parts, the modifying of switches, the calibration of stabs, it seems like an impossible task now

141072-0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 10:19:51 »
Hi everyone,

The keycaps are finally on Originative, sorry for the delays (both from my side and later on Originative :)

I'm going to try and inform everyone who needed these keycaps as much as I did, already sent some PM's, if I miss anyone, again, apologies

For what it's worth, I still haven't used the F/J's myself, got so used to the original Ivan Cyan's :)

This is my last iteration, probably tested 100's of different combinations up to now, but just can't start building the thing, once you have a satisfying keyboard, building a new one becomes extremely challenging, the sanding of parts, the modifying of switches, the calibration of stabs, it seems like an impossible task now

(Attachment Link)

What are the original Ivan Cyans?

Offline KHAANNN

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 10:29:12 »

These:
Show Image
( https://zealpc.net/collections/keycap-sets/products/dolch )

Ah, yes. Those.
I really need to get a full set of Ivan's Dolch one of these days.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 22:17:15 »
Got my sets from Originative today!  Using some bumped F's and J's right now!

Feelsgoodman.png

Offline ika

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 22:21:35 »
I just use a little bit of Elmer's glue to make a small bump on the front of the cap. Do it right and you can't tell the difference between that and bars, tbh.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 06:52:48 »
Got my sets from Originative today!  Using some bumped F's and J's right now!

Feelsgoodman.png

Wohoo!

I just use a little bit of Elmer's glue to make a small bump on the front of the cap. Do it right and you can't tell the difference between that and bars, tbh.

I'm personally a fan of subtractive modifications rather than additive, as additive's might peal/wear off and ruin your day, and there's also the matter of looks
(Like sanding the bumps so they are smoother, and sanding the keys where the thumb touches them, like the spacebar and the bottom modifiers)

Offline Poplicola

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 17:44:44 »
Sent for mine F and J Dolch keys today.
I look forward to putting them where they are meant to go.

Thanks so much!

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 05:55:33 »
Sent for mine F and J Dolch keys today.
I look forward to putting them where they are meant to go.

Thanks so much!

I hope you enjoy them!

------

Some recent thoughts on the subject:

This set really peaked my interest: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set, after using white on color keycaps for so long, the opposite really allures me, really wish they included some bumped F/J's - as the alpha base color is so good - it's sad that most sets still don't include both homing options

On another front, PBT+dyed/Cherry's are extending rapidly, unfortunately most mimic the fonts/alignments of GMK but very few nail it

On another front, for 300 euros, one can buy a Uniqey keyboard, get the keycaps, sell the keyboard for ~200 euros, it's interesting that they don't publicly provide scooped homing keys, while they provide many other options

I used to wish to get rich to buy sports cars and stuff like that, now I wish to get rich and order a custom keyset

Offline Aricil

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 10:22:40 »
It seems all the GMK F/J's out there are scooped with the exception of Ivan's Color pack: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0490/7329/products/Dolch_Addon.JPG?v=1417083743 - which kind of beats the purpose with the marginal colors (at least for me)

I don't know whether I will get used to the scoops over time, I will certainly try, however in the meantime I will rather look for solutions (I hate scoops and find bumps tolerable, scoops make the keys feel clumsy)

I sent an email to GMK to buy bumped F/J's at MOQ - I don't know whether:
i) Is it possible?
ii) Will the cost be feasible? (I guess <$500 would be acceptable)
iii) How long will it take?
iv) Will the colors match the existing colors (I mean, when matched with existing keys, will it be possible to differentiate them, since they were molded on different batches - I'm guessing 99% they will match the existing keycaps, as I can't differentiate keycaps from different batches on room lighting conditions)

If I succeed in this quest, I plan to sell or give away the additional F/J's to those in need

You know what's funny is I was thinking the exact same thing. I have 2 boards, a Novatouch and a Varmilo. The Varmilo has the custom keycaps that it came with, which Varmilo has a sort of Cherry/OEM hybrid profile, and then I have the Triumph Adler keycap set on the Novatouch. I really like both of them and go back and forth between the two, but the thing that I vastly prefer the Varmilo for is that it doesn't have the scoops. Just 2 small dots. Which I like a lot. They're ever so small and on the bottom of the keycap, so that I can use them and not be bothered by them but still know when my fingers hit the home keys. I was actually wondering if I'd end up getting used to the GMK keycaps or not. I wish there was an option to just get a F and J key without the scoop and bumps instead. I also want to join the Skeletor group buy but the scoops are making me wonder whether or not I should....
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 July 2016, 10:36:13 by Aricil »
Professional amateur.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 11:09:34 »
You know what's funny is I was thinking the exact same thing. I have 2 boards, a Novatouch and a Varmilo. The Varmilo has the custom keycaps that it came with, which Varmilo has a sort of Cherry/OEM hybrid profile, and then I have the Triumph Adler keycap set on the Novatouch. I really like both of them and go back and forth between the two, but the thing that I vastly prefer the Varmilo for is that it doesn't have the scoops. Just 2 small dots. Which I like a lot. They're ever so small and on the bottom of the keycap, so that I can use them and not be bothered by them but still know when my fingers hit the home keys. I was actually wondering if I'd end up getting used to the GMK keycaps or not. I wish there was an option to just get a F and J key without the scoop and bumps instead. I also want to join the Skeletor group buy but the scoops are making me wonder whether or not I should....

I was also in a similar situation, I had the Vortex PBT's, which have gentle bumps similar to the ones you mentioned, I tried using GMK scoops, but it didn't work out, I tried using the Vortex F/J's with GMK, it was an insult to the beauty of GMK's, it didn't work out, the only solution was to get bumped F/J's

I'm going to join the Carbon GB, it doesn't cost much, I can also use the modifiers with other alphas, however with Skeletor, alphas are a major part of the set

Also consider this, you don't have to use the keyboard, just put them on a keyboard, put the keyboard on a shelf, and occasionally enjoy looking at the keyboard without actually using it - kind of like a Lego set :)

Additionally, if you email Sheraton, you might convince him to add bumped F/J's, Originative has many recent GMK sets, but sadly, as far as I see, the idea-owners of the sets didn't include bumped F/J's - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81860.0 - this one for example - which hit me hard, as I wanted wob's for so long

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 13:18:54 »

I was also in a similar situation, I had the Vortex PBT's, which have gentle bumps similar to the ones you mentioned, I tried using GMK scoops, but it didn't work out, I tried using the Vortex F/J's with GMK, it was an insult to the beauty of GMK's, it didn't work out, the only solution was to get bumped F/J's

I'm going to join the Carbon GB, it doesn't cost much, I can also use the modifiers with other alphas, however with Skeletor, alphas are a major part of the set

Also consider this, you don't have to use the keyboard, just put them on a keyboard, put the keyboard on a shelf, and occasionally enjoy looking at the keyboard without actually using it - kind of like a Lego set :)

Additionally, if you email Sheraton, you might convince him to add bumped F/J's, Originative has many recent GMK sets, but sadly, as far as I see, the idea-owners of the sets didn't include bumped F/J's - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81860.0 - this one for example - which hit me hard, as I wanted wob's for so long

So lucky that I've been able to jump on a gb with bars... This carbon set looked quite nice indeed. We should try to convince the group leader to add some bars.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 13:19:59 »

where's Ivan  ;D ;D

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 13:49:03 »
So lucky that I've been able to jump on a gb with bars... This carbon set looked quite nice indeed. We should try to convince the group leader to add some bars.

I've talked to him, he wasn't interested in getting them added at this point - understandable - I'm pretty sure most of the buyers would prefer bars tho - they probably don't even think about/notice bar/scoops yet - I think MD could do it at that pricepoint, but it would probably bump up the price <2%, and since the margins are probably very thin, it's not realistic to expect it - He said he would've added them if anyone asked during IC

Which GB is that?

It would have been awesome if there was a "GMK Mailing List" or something, that would track/email every IC/GB/Sale :D

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 14:50:47 »
fast, everyone posts his request for a bar addon! or email the gb leader if you know his address?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set/talk

Offline Aricil

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 08:39:38 »

So you don't have any more of these dotted F and J keys left then?
Professional amateur.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 03:34:21 »
G80-3494 and black widow are my first batch of mechanical keyboards. They all have FJ bars. After that many cherry and filco i have bought all have bars. I almost get used to bars. especially i was  given to finding the FJ bars to restore my hands  where they start when typing. Ofcoure FJ bars afford me convenience to restore my hands' location on my keyboard.
When using GMK on G80-3494, i cost lots of time to geting accustomed to the deepfish, especially when my hand to locate the FJ after typing other characters. I am get used to deepfish and prefer to it. because except for affording quick and pricise location on keyboard , deepfish offers more comfortability than bars. Tars annoys my finger tip and my finger tip always scratch the bars.
Some one may like me who need more time to adapt to deepfish due to they use FJ bars first and last for a long time. Some one may like you who never get used to deepfish. I don't know why this happen . however i respect your choice and persistance to asking for adding FJ bars into fullset.
i don't know the result about your persistance but reasonable request at adequate time(IC) in sincere tone but not in annoying and disturbing way may be better and more acceptable to GB starter.

Offline TD22057

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 22:46:11 »
FYI - the GMK Carbon GB on MassDrop just added F/J bars at the 1000 order mark which will get hit (300 orders inbound from China).

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 03:03:51 »
FYI - the GMK Carbon GB on MassDrop just added F/J bars at the 1000 order mark which will get hit (300 orders inbound from China).

fantastic news