Author Topic: Realforce 103 White  (Read 25689 times)

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 22:16:06 »
I did it. I ordered a Realforce 103 White. This thing has been bugging me too much. Every month, I budget a sum as pocket money and I sunk almost every penny of this sum into a single keyboard. My wife offered to pay half of it as an early Christmas gift, but I just could not take her money for a keyboard. In fact, I hate taking her money. I grew up in a family which for a long time was working hard to meet the ends, I just end up learning to depend on myself.

I just hope I won't regret it. Please send some support message :-)

That's it. I won't buy any keyboard now. I have (will have) every switch I wanted to test: Buckling Spring, ALPS, Cherry Blue and Brown, and now capacitive switches.

The real factor in the switch is the Cherry Brown really. I said it before, and I would to say it again: I LOVE MY CHERRY BLUE. When it was the quietest board in my collection, I did not realise how loud it was. When I got the Filco, it was night and day. Even my wife who before was not bothered by the blue Cherries, noticed a different and I could not use the blue Cherries at night anymore. Ignorance is bliss. I will be typing a lot at night because of my Social Psychology course. The Realforce will help. Right now, my baby is not sleeping well because she's teething. A quiet keyboard will hopefully help. Besides my MacAlly Icekey, this is my second white keyboard in a collection of black keyboards.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 22:46:33 »
Quote from: ripster;124006
You'll be amazed how quiet the Topre is.   I think you'll love it and your wife sounds like a real sweety.

I hope I'll love it too although it's easier to like something when you have spent a lot for it. My wife is sweet indeed. She knows how much this thing has been on my mind. I kind of knew she was going to order one without me knowing for Christmas. In order to prevent her from doing so, I told her that I was not sure if I wanted the white one or the black one, or if I wanted a RealForce or a HHKB :-) In fact, I pretty much knew I wanted the Realforce.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 22:51:06 »
ah yes.  i remember you getting the brown at the start of my "one keyboard to rule them all" thread.  and now you have them both.

and so do i.

wow.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 22:51:29 »
I don't think I would have gotten one if it was not from elitekeyboards.com. Knowing how Majestouch stands behind his products, I have more confidence getting one. I could probably asked my uncle to get me one from Japan. He just came back from Japan actually, but warranty would have been a hassle. For that kind of money, I want to have the piece of mind of warranty.

I have one thing to say about elitekeybaords.com: First Class Service. I refer to the site each time I can when commenting on YouTube videos.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 22:52:35 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;124011
ah yes.  i remember you getting the brown at the start of my "one keyboard to rule them all" thread.  and now you have them both.

and so do i.

wow.

Yes, LOL. How do you like yours?

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 23:12:56 »
hhkb is perfect
filco is more fun

Offline MsKeyboard

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 08:53:32 »
Patrick,
You will not be sorry, Great Keyboard!  Been using a 103UB for about two months now and it really does stand out as a unique typing experience.

Take some time getting used to the switches before making any judgements, rather soft yet positive, hard to explain.  The real proof is trying to use something else once you get used to the feel.

Don't fret the purchase, you'll soon be obsessing over something else ;)

Later.....

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 10:03:17 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;124075
Patrick,
You will not be sorry, Great Keyboard!  Been using a 103UB for about two months now and it really does stand out as a unique typing experience.

Take some time getting used to the switches before making any judgements, rather soft yet positive, hard to explain.  The real proof is trying to use something else once you get used to the feel.

Don't fret the purchase, you'll soon be obsessing over something else ;)

Later.....

Thank you. I decided to get the black one instead of the white one since it's out of stock.

Offline maxlugar

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:07:35 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;124017
hhkb is perfect
filco is more fun

If you think the Filco with Brown Cherry MX key switches is fun, just wait until you try a Filco with Blue Cherry key switches!
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside

Offline maxlugar

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:16:06 »
Quote from: patrickgeekhack;124094
Thank you. I decided to get the black one instead of the white one since it's out of stock.

The black one is tres cool man (well, as cool as a 103 keyboard can be).  

My wife get's frustrated when she can't see the key cap labels on my Realforce 87U and makes comments like "Why would any sane person label black keys with black lettering?"    I just say that the Japanese care about being cool more than being sane.  Then she goes back to using her own computer and crap rubberdome keyboard.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:16:59 »
Quote from: maxlugar;124152
If you think the Filco with Brown Cherry MX key switches is fun, just wait until you try a Filco with Blue Cherry key switches!
yeah i know
initially i shunned the idea of so much racket
now, typing on the brown, i want more...

at least i got the one i have for cheap, if i decide to make the jump (because it is a jump, i cant imagine it being worse) i will actually get what i want: blank, tenkeyless, nkro.

Offline Clicky Kat

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:20:07 »
I'll definitely second Ms Keyboard's comments. I have the 103UB. It really is a neat typing experience and a wonderful solid board. Very smooth and silky and conducive to lots of typing.

Enjoy!

Offline maxlugar

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:20:23 »
Quote from: patrickgeekhack;124005
I will be typing a lot at night because of my Social Psychology course.

Social Psychology huh?  When you complete the course, maybe you can help some of us with our little keyboard obsession issue.  After all, it's just a keyboard.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:25:55 »
i think as a social psychologist he would be more likely to write papers about a society of keyboard enthusiasts

"observe, in their natural environment, how they do not fear being judged, and can carry on conversations about things as trite as letter-printing techniques with an uncanny zeal..."

Quote from: ripster;124160
Some of you guys would make terrible waiters.  You're supposed to say, "Excellent Choice!".
Show Image
you mean like telling people what you REALLY think when they ask you your opinion, while working in sales?
i cant help it
so much buyer's remorse prevented, though
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:28:37 by AndrewZorn »

Offline maxlugar

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:32:29 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;124154
yeah i know
initially i shunned the idea of so much racket
now, typing on the brown, i want more...

The blues are comparatively quiet next to the Filco Zero (or any real or fake ALPS key switch keyboard) and very quiet next to the 84-key PC AT Model F.  The Model M's are just as loud as blue cherry key switches, but the pitch is lower and less annoying to those within ear shot.  I personally love the sound of the blue cherries and for me, the clicks are one of the biggest reasons I find them fun.

This probably only strengthen's webwit's comments about blue cherries being toys for simpleton Americans... or maybe he was referring specifically to the Das, I can't remember.  :)

Offline rdjack21

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:36:24 »
Quote from: patrickgeekhack;124094

Great keyboard I hope you find as much enjoyment as I have had typing on the Topre switches. And like someone else said give yourself a little time to settle in with it.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline itlnstln

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:39:18 »
With the number and types of responses in this thread, you would have thought Patrick just had a baby.  I love GeekHack.

Congrats, Patrick!  Enjoy the new 'board.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 14:41:27 »
Quote from: rdjack21;124166
Great keyboard I hope you find as much enjoyment as I have had typing on the Topre switches. And like someone else said give yourself a little time to settle in with it.

I think I'll enjoy it. The only way to know what a Topre is like was to try one for myself. I know it's a lot of money, but I would have been miserable to always think what it would be like.

Offline maxlugar

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 15:23:45 »
Quote from: patrickgeekhack;124170
I think I'll enjoy it. The only way to know what a Topre is like was to try one for myself. I know it's a lot of money, but I would have been miserable to always think what it would be like.

You're first impression will probably be, WTF???  I just shelled out $200+ for this keyboard that feels very similar to a $5 rubber dome...because it essentially is a rubber dome.

But after you type on it for a while, you will probably understand why most of those who have tried Topre key switches swear by them.  I use my HHKB Pro 2 or Realforce 87U when I need to type in stealth for extended periods.

Depending on your typing style, you may not find the Topre completely silent.  I am very heavy handed and cannot prevent bottoming out each key stroke, but the soft landing of the Topre key switches makes bottoming out pleasant.  The loudest sound is made by the thunk of the space bar.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 15:33:17 »
Quote from: maxlugar;124178
You're first impression will probably be, WTF???  I just shelled out $200+ for this keyboard that feels very similar to a $5 rubber dome...because it essentially is a rubber dome.

But after you type on it for a while, you will probably understand why most of those who have tried Topre key switches swear by them.  I use my HHKB Pro 2 or Realforce 87U when I need to type in stealth for extended periods.

Depending on your typing style, you may not find the Topre completely silent.  I am very heavy handed and cannot prevent bottoming out each key stroke, but the soft landing of the Topre key switches makes bottoming out pleasant.  The loudest sound is made by the thunk of the space bar.

this sums it up, and i am the same way, bottom out every time on the hhkb (but not on filco browns......)

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 11:27:01 »
Quote from: maxlugar;124178

I don't think I will disappointed, but only time will tell. I have not yet received it LOL. That being said, disappointed or not, I would have gotten one at one point or another because if I did not get one, I would wonder for the test of my life what typing on a Topre is like. It would have been a different story if Topre was sold in big stores and could be tried there. But that's not the case as you all know it.

Offline roadblock2thesun

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 12:49:26 »
You people are making it really hard for me to not buy a topre board...

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 12:58:10 »
Quote from: roadblock2thesun;124324
You people are making it really hard for me to not buy a topre board...

I was once in your situation, and reading about the Topre keyboards here made it really hard for me not to get one. In the end, I had to try one for myself to relieve my curiosity although my wallet was not too happy.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 16:23:04 »
dont decide too early
i didnt really really like my hhkb and favor it over the filco switches until after a few days

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 20:32:07 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;124364
dont decide too early
i didnt really really like my hhkb and favor it over the filco switches until after a few days

I won't decide too early. At the beginning, I did not like my G80 a lot. I like the switch tactile and auditive feedback, but did not like that the keys felt slippery nor that the F and J were scooped nor that they keys surface areas seemed (I think they are compared to the Filco) smaller than most of my keyboards. However, the more I used it, the more I liked it to the point where it became my favourite keyboard in my collection. It still is although (I said that multiple times) I like my other keyboards too.

Also, I think because we geekhackers know more about keyboards and what to look and feel in a particular keyboards, the chances of us being over disappointed is lowered. Someone who don't know anything about keyboards and have been pounding on a rubber dome for 10 years will probably don't feel any difference in a Topre (I still have to test mine). The same applies to  brown Cherries. The tactile feedback is very subtle for some. If all one does is pound on the keys, one will never notice the tactile point. Even if sometimes we bottom out completely, we still feel the tactile feedback and this gives a good feeling :-)

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 11 October 2009, 03:42:54 »
yet to find tactility in my topres though

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 11 October 2009, 12:05:21 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;124445
yet to find tactility in my topres though

Can't help you there, have not tried one yet :-)

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 16:31:54 »
It's finally here. After I pressed the first key, it was like, "Did I pay so much for this keyboard?" It feels just like a rubber dome. But, it's not like a regular rubber dome. The sound is very soothing, and cannot be compared to a regular rubber dome. It's a different sound, very soothing. The keys fire about half-way down, unlike the rubber dome keyboards keys which have to be pressed completely to get them to fire. Built quality is outstanding. It's very heavy. The only "complain" so far is the amount of force required for the space bar. All the keys are like pushing a knife into butter, but the spacebar requires more force. That's it for now. I have to use it more before I can form a good opinion. So far, I really like the soothing sound produced by the keys.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 16:38:05 »
tell me how the halfway-down thing works for you.  i can do it on my brown cherry, but i am [perhaps subjectively] slower on my topre because of the fact that i am bottoming each stroke.

but type on it more, i still think overall it is better than cherry brown, even though it lacks the signature feel.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 18:33:03 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;125793
tell me how the halfway-down thing works for you.  i can do it on my brown cherry, but i am [perhaps subjectively] slower on my topre because of the fact that i am bottoming each stroke.

but type on it more, i still think overall it is better than cherry brown, even though it lacks the signature feel.

Oh, I'm bottoming out too, but if I press a key half-way to see if it fires, it does. Overall, it's not identical to a rubber dome, it provides a kind of unique experience. I now understand why people who wanted to know more about the Topre or HKKB could not really get a good feel of what they are like. The feel is very hard to put into words. The keys require less force than a rubber dome keys. The keys don't feel as crisp as a scissor-switch but not as mushy as regular rubber dome. I guess you can feel that I'm having a hard time describing it.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 18:34:08 »
Quote from: ripster;125796
You can remove the springs from the spacebar if the force bugs you.

I don't think it will bother me after a few hours. I just want to try it as is for a while to get a good feel. So far I like it, but the honey moon is not over yet.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 18:49:24 »
well, i feel like the more i use it, the more i appreciate the smooth, soft, yet tight (wait, what is this?) feel to them.  i know the caps on a filco contribute a lot to its rattly feel, but my hhkb is far ahead of it in terms of a consistent, polished feel.

i have actually pretty much given up the idea of getting a keyboard with cherry blacks since i have the topre.  i dont see why it isnt a popular 'gaming' switch (oh wait, unless it's on the BLACK REALFORCE!!!)... feels perfect for repeated mashes, without being too hard to press.  plus, all that WASD wont wear off the keycaps in a month.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 18:53:10 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;125829
well, i feel like the more i use it, the more i appreciate the smooth, soft, yet tight (wait, what is this?) feel to them.  i know the caps on a filco contribute a lot to its rattly feel, but my hhkb is far ahead of it in terms of a consistent, polished feel.

i have actually pretty much given up the idea of getting a keyboard with cherry blacks since i have the topre.  i dont see why it isnt a popular 'gaming' switch (oh wait, unless it's on the BLACK REALFORCE!!!)... feels perfect for repeated mashes, without being too hard to press.  plus, all that WASD wont wear off the keycaps in a month.

I won't be buying a keyboard for years now. I know I've said tha before, but I think I have collected all the switches I wanted to try. The reason why I ended collecting some many was because over time, I began to like lighter keys more and more. Only time will tell if the Topre will takes number one spot in my heart which is currently held by the blue Cherries.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 18:54:34 »
going from noisy clickiness to smooth rubber domes would surely be more of a preference thing than a quality/engineering thing.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 21:13:40 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;125832
going from noisy clickiness to smooth rubber domes would surely be more of a preference thing than a quality/engineering thing.

There's some truth in this for sure although the Topre is mostly a rubber dome, admittedly a very good one.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 21:15:02 »
Quote from: ripster;125836
I still think it'll get plenty of use no matter if it's #1 or #2.  Your kids and wife I'm sure appreciate how quiet it is.

And you probably like that soft landing don't you?

You are right. They are liking the quietness of the Topre, especially my wife. The soft landing is nothing like I pictured it. It's soft for sure, but closer to the brown cherries than to a typical rubber dome.

Offline Rajagra

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 21:36:28 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;125829
i dont see why it isnt a popular 'gaming' switch

I'm not sure I'd want to do frequent gaming on such an expensive board. Having said that, if you find yourself needing NKRO, that might force your decision. (E.g. My only other NKRO board has Blue Cherries.)

Offline o2dazone

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 23:33:53 »
the subtle differences to a generic dome switch and a topre switch becomes more apparent with more use - glad you were able to spot the differences right away

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Realforce 103 White
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 04:46:21 »
Quote from: o2dazone;125917
the subtle differences to a generic dome switch and a topre switch becomes more apparent with more use - glad you were able to spot the differences right away

When $300 is involved, your fingers will start to notice subtle differences in anything =P

Offline alpslover

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 07:40:19 »
Quote from: Rajagra;125878
I'm not sure I'd want to do frequent gaming on such an expensive board.

i see keyboards as tools - if i spend that much on a tool, why wouldn't i try to use it as much as possible?

that said, i personally find the realforce to be better suited for typing than gaming.  the lighter weight keys become even more annoying when gaming.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 08:04:20 »
Quote from: ch_123;125937
When $300 is involved, your fingers will start to notice subtle differences in anything =P

I was thinking about that too. I mean it's usually easier to justify and like a product that cost us a lot. And here's where my few psychology classes kind of influence my reasoning. We don't really see reality, but shape an understanding of reality. In doing this, we are usually biased in our judgment. So, is it possible that we unconsciously like the Topre board because we don't want to admit to ourselves and others that we were dumb to buy a keyboard that expensive and which is not greater than the others?

I think the answer is maybe and maybe not. Who can really tell what is going into heads with precision. And to be fair, the Topre does produce a feel and sound that are different from the typical rubber dome. That being said, I need to spend more time with it.  I find the keys on the brown Cherries to be lighter and after constant typing yesterday night, my fingers were getting a bit tired.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 09:18:10 »
right,
i dont understand why the topre switch is described as a quiet typist's switch, but the realforce 87 is TEH BEST GAMING BORED EVER MADE (but rememeber, the HHKB is just for linux guys who sit in the terminal all day)

Offline Rajagra

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 11:54:13 »
Quote from: alpslover;125945
i see keyboards as tools - if i spend that much on a tool, why wouldn't i try to use it as much as possible?

It may not be the right tool for the job, even if it is the best tool.
To coin a phrase used elsewhere: Topres are boutique items. You could abuse them while gaming if you wanted, but I'd stick to something more rugged or disposable. (Rather academic in my case, as I have a Nostromo N52te for that kind of thing - truly the best tool for that job in every sense.)

Offline itlnstln

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:01:50 »
I wish I still gamed to some extent.  I always thought the Nostromo was one of the best purpose-built peripherals.  Why use WASD when you can map that to your thumb and have your fingers free for other tasks.  The N52 version was nice, too, because it has the completely rubber bottom that kept the thing from moving at all.  I had the original one, too, but the rubber feet on it sucked.

Offline alpslover

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:11:58 »
Quote from: Rajagra;126028
It may not be the right tool for the job, even if it is the best tool.

fair enough.

To coin a phrase used elsewhere: Topres are boutique items. You could abuse them while gaming if you wanted, but I'd stick to something more rugged or disposable.

well, people rave about the build quality of topres, and the switches are claimed to be more reliable, so i don't see any reason to hold back on using them, assuming one does not have a 'more right tool' at hand.  yes, you've paid a lot more, but what you've paid for is supposedly the higher quality, so to me it seems a waste to pay more for something you're not taking advantage of.  but that's just me.

some people (most, i bet) buy ferraris to putt around in for an hour or two on the occasional sunny weekend.  others buy them and mercilessly thrash them on racetracks.  neither are inherently right or wrong, they are just being used in different ways because their owners have different perspectives.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:14:59 by alpslover »

Offline itlnstln

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:29:12 »
IMO, they are built to be abused, which is why I thought Topre made them, anyway, to be abused.  That said, other than the occasional cleaning, I use the Hell out of my 'boards.

Offline AndrewZorn

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:33:50 »
i agree, as long as you arent being like the angry german kid and BASHING on your keyboard, how are POM keycaps and 30mil stroke lifetime not a GOOD thing?

i still say: why is the realforce 87 defended as a pro gaming board, but the other topres too delicate?

Offline rdjack21

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:54:37 »
The Topre switches can be used for gaming. They are so good at it one company had Topre make a OEM version for them the CSNEO (Counter Strike NEO) which has a different case and keys but other wise is a 89UB. Not being a gamer myself though I can't really verify it.

and in use:
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline itlnstln

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:57:19 »
Y'know, I have never really been a lavender kinda guy.  Pink works for me in certain applications, but lavender never really did anything for me.

Offline o2dazone

Realforce 103 White
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 18:46:56 »
Quote from: ch_123;125937

For the last month I've spent 8 hours on a mushy 5 year old Lenovo rubber dome. The differences are dramatic for me, but upon receiving my first HHKB, all my friends noticed subtle differences.