Author Topic: New to the forum, hey guys!  (Read 4425 times)

Offline moshimalloe

New to the forum, hey guys!
« on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 21:39:02 »
Hi all, after stalking the threads here for awhile, I've finally decided to make my own account.

I got into keyboards after my boyfriend got me a Poker 2 and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I am currently pretty jealous of his HHKB.

Hope to meet other keyboard enthusiasts!

I've added a picture of my current baby. What keyboard should I try next?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: New to the forum, hey guys!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:14:25 »
Hi all, after stalking the threads here for awhile, I've finally decided to make my own account.

I got into keyboards after my boyfriend got me a Poker 2 and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I am currently pretty jealous of his HHKB.

Hope to meet other keyboard enthusiasts!

I've added a picture of my current baby. What keyboard should I try next?

Did your man-friend flip your spacebar for you, or did you elect to embrace the angular thumb-stick?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:22:47 »
Did your man-friend flip your spacebar for you, or did you elect to embrace the angular thumb-stick?

Haha I elected to embrace the angular thumb-stick myself. It was actually how my Poker came, and I tried switching it back to normal one time and didn't like it as much.

Normal spacebar peasants! jk jk.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:23:47 »
First day on GH, and you've been blessed with the awe-inspiring presence of Binge! All hail!
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:32:59 »
First day on GH, and you've been blessed with the awe-inspiring presence of Binge! All hail!

It's because they're all part of that crazy spacebar-flipping cult.  >:D

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:37:19 »
It's because they're all part of that crazy spacebar-flipping cult.  >:D

Crazy spacebar-flipping cult master race cult!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:29:10 »
It only works if you truly believe in the enjoy of feels.  True feels guide us all.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 01:54:45 »
It only works if you truly believe in the enjoy of feels.  True feels guide us all.

"ENJOY YOUR FEELING." Gracias, Poker.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 04:44:05 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Tai Hao Miami - nice :)

What to try next - maybe an HHKB of your own?  although customisation options are much more limited, at least not without a fair bit of effort to replace the sliders.

Otherwise are you enjoying the 60% size keyboard?  Missing the arrow keys?  Maybe a TKL (tenkeyless) keyboard is for you - there are many options available, with and without backlighting.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:35:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What to try next - maybe an HHKB of your own?  although customisation options are much more limited, at least not without a fair bit of effort to replace the sliders.

Otherwise are you enjoying the 60% size keyboard?  Missing the arrow keys?  Maybe a TKL (tenkeyless) keyboard is for you - there are many options available, with and without backlighting.
Hehe, I've come a long way from here but let's just say I have an HHKB-related surprise coming in a few weeks

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:50:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack! I'm loving my Pok3r so far but have been itching to try Topre :3

As for your next keyboard let's be honest - you and your boyfriend are gonna want to have matching HHKBs  :p
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 21:57:33 »
Welcome to Geekhack! I'm loving my Pok3r so far but have been itching to try Topre :3

As for your next keyboard let's be honest - you and your boyfriend are gonna want to have matching HHKBs  :p
Naturally :3 Hehe, I'm working on it.

Only dilemma is I don't really like the print on the printed caps, but also, I can't touch type :( Which is why Novatouch for now.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 01:46:20 »
Welcome :)

Definitely think about getting a custom USB cable, would tie the package up together nicely!

I got one from Pexon PC's recently, my board at the moment has the same caps, might have to get rid of the weird coating on them though.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 06:45:59 »

Only dilemma is I don't really like the print on the printed caps, but also, I can't touch type :( Which is why Novatouch for now.

Hmmm that is a dilemma. Maybe you could consider a Duck Viper:

They're made with the same layout as the HHKB but are MX compatible so you can go nuts with custom keycaps. I think the group buy has ended, but you might be able to find one in the Classifieds section with a little bit of luck.

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 10:06:59 »

Show Image

They're made with the same layout as the HHKB but are MX compatible so you can go nuts with custom keycaps. I think the group buy has ended, but you might be able to find one in the Classifieds section with a little bit of luck.
What's the price range on those? :3

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 10:15:37 »

Show Image

Here was the original group buy: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61227.0 for $220 USD (but it looks like some assembly was required?). I'm new here myself so someone else could probably give you a better estimate on what you could get for a complete board off another member.

Looks like there is going to be a round 2 though!

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 12:41:33 »

Show Image

Here was the original group buy: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61227.0 for $220 USD (but it looks like some assembly was required?). I'm new here myself so someone else could probably give you a better estimate on what you could get for a complete board off another member.

Looks like there is going to be a round 2 though!
Hmm :3 Cool thought. I'll consider it, although topre <3.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:29:52 »

I wanna Realforce but gotta slow down on the purchases...  :eek:

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:46:48 »

Do eeeeeet ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:47:43 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Hehe, I've come a long way from here but let's just say I have an HHKB-related surprise coming in a few weeks

Not much of a surprise if you already know about it :p

Until I wrote a simple GB tracking system, I used to completely forget about what I had ordered, and occasionally did get something I had no idea what it was :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 13:13:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Until I wrote a simple GB tracking system, I used to completely forget about what I had ordered, and occasionally did get something I had no idea what it was :))
Oh, the surprise isn't for me :3 HEHE.

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 13:43:08 »

If you need one I got one for lot cheaper than retail

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 14:00:32 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

HHKB can be customized  if you spend a lot of time effort and money LOL!

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:49:38 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Show Image

Nice HHKB dude, really digging it! You got a few really good versions of the SnacKeys seed placement!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:50:42 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Show Image

Nice HHKB dude, really digging it! You got a few really good versions of the SnacKeys seed placement!

Thanks! I just got them so I had to put them all on. The watermelon one is perfect and in general they are all pretty awesome.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 00:52:12 »

Oh, the surprise isn't for me :3 HEHE.

Sometimes that's the best kind of surprise :)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 06:21:27 »

Do eeeeeet ;)

Such a bad influence...

If you need one I got one for lot cheaper than retail

Show Image

PM'd...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:47:54 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:35:41 »