Author Topic: Replacement Caps for a Das Pro 4  (Read 1329 times)

Offline DesignerNeil

Replacement Caps for a Das Pro 4
« on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 09:35:01 »
Three of the brittle and flimsy key caps that came with my chattering Das pro 4 have broken (backspace, enter and O), so I need to find some replacements. My main problem is the broken enter key which is the uk version. Das have already confirmed they don't offer replacement keycaps so I guess I just have to replace them all as I doubt I can find anything that will match up. I really want to stay with black but I am having trouble finding anything in both black and uk layout. Does anyone know where I could get decent black key caps that will fit on my 105 key Das Pro 4?  I would probably go for a dark grey if the black wasn't available - as a designer I am real fussy about colours, so I can't have anything that will remotely clash with red bits on the keyboard otherwise it would drive me nuts...

Any help or advice on where to get uk layout good quality caps would be very much appreciated.
"The problem with quotes in forum signatures is that you never really know if they are genuine" Bertrand Russell

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Replacement Caps for a Das Pro 4
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 02:50:02 »
Ducky make some nice ones in PBT but the black ones are, or at least were, thin, if that bothers you.

If all else fails there's always pimpmykeyboard, as long as you can live with a 2@ key you can get Standard DCS doubleshots with an ISO pack, and if you want to add a splash of colour you could get the mods from that set and the alphas from Midnight as they're the same profile.  They're ABS so will go shiny, but they're not going to break on you and doubleshot means the legends won't fade as it's built into the cap.

If you need an enter key while you search drop me a PM and I'll stick one in the post - it won't match the profile of your other caps but better than nothing!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline DesignerNeil

Re: Replacement Caps for a Das Pro 4
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 05:04:39 »
Ducky make some nice ones in PBT but the black ones are, or at least were, thin, if that bothers you.

If all else fails there's always pimpmykeyboard, as long as you can live with a 2@ key you can get Standard DCS doubleshots with an ISO pack, and if you want to add a splash of colour you could get the mods from that set and the alphas from Midnight as they're the same profile.  They're ABS so will go shiny, but they're not going to break on you and doubleshot means the legends won't fade as it's built into the cap.

If you need an enter key while you search drop me a PM and I'll stick one in the post - it won't match the profile of your other caps but better than nothing!

Thanks so much for the offer of the enter key, it really is appreciated, but hopefully I found what I need.  For now I managed to get the little piece of the stem glued back on to the enter key which seems to be holding.  I bit the bullet last night and bought some side printed Vortex PBT ISO caps for what I think was a decent price. They should be here tomorrow fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2015, 05:07:49 by DesignerNeil »
"The problem with quotes in forum signatures is that you never really know if they are genuine" Bertrand Russell