Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline kristofv

Greetings!
« on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:18:27 »
I have just received my new pok3r keyboard with cherry mx blues. It is my first mechanical keyboard and I did a bunch of research before pulling the trigger.

I couldn't be happier, it's really good! I also thought I would not fall into the trap of spending more on keyboards, but I'm already looking at other keycaps!

Offline raymogi

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:25:42 »
Welcome!

And trust me, it's all downhill from here. Keycaps, cables, sleeves, you name it!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:28:11 »
I have just received my new pok3r keyboard with cherry mx blues. It is my first mechanical keyboard and I did a bunch of research before pulling the trigger.

I couldn't be happier, it's really good! I also thought I would not fall into the trap of spending more on keyboards, but I'm already looking at other keycaps!
wellcome my friend hope you enjoy it here  :thumb:

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:33:48 »
Welcome to the wallet drain keyboard obsession hobby.

Also commenting here so that the first three comments you have are from Indonesians lolol.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:56:58 »
Welcome to the wallet drain keyboard obsession hobby.

Also commenting here so that the first three comments you have are from Indonesians lolol.
wot m8 yer from indonesia?  :p

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:57:47 »
Dude, I commented on your HHKB post about HHKB putih lolol.
I lived in Indonesia for the longest time, but I'm technically not of Indonesian ethnicity.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 03:58:00 »
I also thought I would not fall into the trap of spending more on keyboards, but I'm already looking at other keycaps!

That's the spirit.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 05:03:43 »
Dude, I commented on your HHKB post about HHKB putih lolol.
I lived in Indonesia for the longest time, but I'm technically not of Indonesian ethnicity.
oh lol  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 05:06:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice keyboard :)  My first modern mech had MX blue switches too, but it wasn't too long before my curiosity got the better of me and I bought another keyboard with different switches to try.  And another.  And another.  And another.

It doesn't matter how much research you do - there's always more to find out, more nice shiny things to discover, more keyboard you NEED!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kristofv

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 12:35:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice keyboard :)  My first modern mech had MX blue switches too, but it wasn't too long before my curiosity got the better of me and I bought another keyboard with different switches to try.  And another.  And another.  And another.

It doesn't matter how much research you do - there's always more to find out, more nice shiny things to discover, more keyboard you NEED!

Apparently so, yes :P. I am actually really doubting to buy one for work now too. But the mx blues are probably too loud. So I guess my journey has begun :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 05:31:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Apparently so, yes :P. I am actually really doubting to buy one for work now too. But the mx blues are probably too loud. So I guess my journey has begun :P

If you have patient co-workers, you can usually get away with it.  Otherwise there is a range of linear and tactile (non-clicky) switches for you to choose from.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline krbuck

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 08:09:33 »
Welcome Kristofv! Good first choice!

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:37:15 »
greetings earthling
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.