Author Topic: Hi there! I'm ed.  (Read 1733 times)

Offline edsucks

Hi there! I'm ed.
« on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 11:28:25 »
Hey there.

I'm new around here. I usually browse /r/mk, but I'm looking to broaden my horizon!

I currently have two boards. A Ducky Shine 4 and a Pok3r. I recently picked up some CMYW and RGBY mods, and I have Hyperfuse coming.
I'm looking forward to picking up a Smart68 when the groupbuy is up.

I'm excited to see what this community has to offer!

Cheers,
Ed

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
Re: Hi there! I'm ed.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 11:46:36 »
Hej Ed,
Great boards.

Welcome to Geekhack.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 11:55:46 »
Thanks!

How is the HHKB treating you? I'm considering picking one up after the Smart68.

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 12:11:35 »
Hia ed! I'll be looking for you on r/mechanicakeyboards!

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 12:15:44 »
Thanks!

It's the best board mate.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 12:21:18 »
Hia ed! I'll be looking for you on r/mechanicakeyboards!

Sounds good. I'm luckycsf on there.
Thanks!

It's the best board mate.

I've heard great things about the HHKB and topre in general.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 05:48:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The HHKB is great!  I have a white one, and the only thing I'd change is to make the switches 55g instead of 45g, but then it wouldn't be a real HHKB, right?

The black one seems more photogenic, but the white one has more legible legends (for those of us who like legends).  I may end up with one of both, but fortunately I have run out of money for now.

At the other end of the scale, have you considered a Model M?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline edsucks

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 08:46:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The HHKB is great!  I have a white one, and the only thing I'd change is to make the switches 55g instead of 45g, but then it wouldn't be a real HHKB, right?

The black one seems more photogenic, but the white one has more legible legends (for those of us who like legends).  I may end up with one of both, but fortunately I have run out of money for now.

Yeah, I would love a black HHKB with legends. They really do look beautiful. Might pick one up after the Smart68 group buy, who knows.

I have considered a Model M, but I fear that I would annoy everyone that lives in my house haha.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 17:03:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yeah, I would love a black HHKB with legends. They really do look beautiful. Might pick one up after the Smart68 group buy, who knows.

I have considered a Model M, but I fear that I would annoy everyone that lives in my house haha.
I quite enjoy using my model m from time to time, but I couldn't use it as my daily driver - the switches make my hands cramp after a couple of hours of intense use.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 05:32:49 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

My other half and I have sort of reached an agreement - I can use my Model Ms on the weekend only, and preferably not at night.

During the week I have to switch something much quieter, as I'm usually typing after everyone else has gone to bed at night, and early in the morning while everyone else is still asleep.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:38:42 »
where's double d?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.