Author Topic: Nan Tan (NTC) KB-6251EA, Alps SKCM White, looks new, $44.99 w/converter  (Read 4904 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
NAN TAN Mechanical Keyboard MADE IN TAIWAN KB 6251EA with FREE ADAPTERS (eBay)

$44.99 BIN, free shipping

It's yellowed, and it has pad-printed keys and 1u Backspace / big-ass Enter.

But it looks unused, and he's even throwing in a PS/2-USB converter and AT-PS/2 adapter. So, a nice chance to type on some (apparently) virgin complicated Whites.

I asked the seller for a switch photo:

109380-0

Looks purty clean, all right.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Nan Tan (NTC) KB-6251EA, Alps SKCM White, looks new, $44.99 w/converter
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 20:50:15 »
I wonder why it says "not for gaming"?

Aren't most older Alps keyboards NKRO, and is there any reason that they all aren't?
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 22:37:24 »
This isn't a good find; I don't know anyone that would want to buy this.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline jevvix

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 23:32:17 »
I wonder why it says "not for gaming"?

Aren't most older Alps keyboards NKRO, and is there any reason that they all aren't?

I have a both a KB-6251EN (white Alps clones) and KB-6251EM (with mini Mitsuimi switches) and can confirm they both have a nonuniform 2kro up to 8kro. For example "P" + "[" and nothing else will register while I can hit "ASDFJKL;" to get up to 8kro in that combination. Of all the 'common' Alps boards it seems like the only ones with NKRO are the Zenith ZKB-2/R and Z150 plus most Northgates (sans the Onnikey 102). Either way, I'm sure you could game on it so that's strange that it would be mentioned specifically  :)).
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 August 2015, 23:37:30 by jevvix »

Offline E3E

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 22:23:56 »
I'd assume the reason they say it's not ideal for gaming is likely because it's a clicky switch. x3 It may or may not have anything to do with the stiffness or actuation point (though Alps' higher actuation point would actually be better for gaming).

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 04:38:14 »
This isn't a good find; I don't know anyone that would want to buy this.

I'm sure you're not being pointlessly negative. You're probably about to tell us about some other boards with complicated Alps whites in new condition, for the same or less dough. We'll all be very interested to see them... Thanks in advance!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline E3E

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 00:58:34 »
This one definitely looks nice, but I hear these keyboards typically have plastic plates. Is that right? Hmm. Oh well! I definitely feel like Nan Tan is  a quality manufacturer after using my NTC 6151, but quality does vary from model to model.