Author Topic: Hey all!  (Read 965 times)

Offline Supramitch

Hey all!
« on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 04:14:15 »
Hi, I'm Mitch and i just picked up a mechanical keyboard yesterday. I got the CM Storm Quickfire XT Stealth with MX Browns and am ABSOLUTELY loving it. Have been reading up on mech keyboards for ages and finally this one went on sale and i grabbed it! Hope to learn more from everyone here and hopefully find some cool new keycaps that don't costs 10times more to ship to Australia.

Offline zars15

Re: Hey all!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 05:39:45 »
Hello!

Nice, I have same board(not sure if silent), with browns as well. Was great starting board, but now after getting v60, I've put it aside. Browns are good for first switch, but it seems to be awkward combination of linear and tactile switch.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 06:05:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Unfortunately we've got a premium on shipping costs from the US - not much we can do about it.  From the UK seems to be a bit cheaper sometimes.  Or if you can find keycaps in China the shipping from there is quite good (but you might need a translator to buy in the first place).

Or someone qtan with his online store - ships from China, good prices, and he has a vendor forum here.

You can also check eBay, and sometimes get reasonable shipping, but be aware that quite a few of the keycap/keyboard vendors have other online stores and/or Geekhack accounts, and their eBay prices are sometimes a little bit higher than their other online or GH prices.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline krbuck

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 07:47:22 »
Hi Mitch! Welcome! I'm new as well. Folks here are very friendly and helpful.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:37:34 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.