Author Topic: Rip Wallet  (Read 1265 times)

Offline ionra

Rip Wallet
« on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 16:38:09 »
Hey everyone, my name is Raul (Spain) and i'm going to introduce myself telling you something about me and how i ended up here spending all my money and telling my mother: come on! it's just plastic, is not expensive!!!!

First, about me, i'm a software developer, unemployed for now, hopefully not for very long. About my hobbies? don't care about it, every single hobby i had is already gone, and the reason for that is very simple, i just found the awesome hidden world of mechanical keyboards customization.

Obviously is not only the customization, it's the feeling of typing with this keyboards, comfortable and.... whatever. I love this keyboards.

Took me like 4 hours with my friend on internet to buy my first mechanical keyboard (funny story because i did the payment accidentally trying to check if my country could receive the shipment, and no, i didn't canceled the order). And i'm just really happy with my Pok3r keyboard and the blue switches.

I have to say this is not my first mechanical keyboard, but when i bought the first one was with the purpose of gaming and knowing nothing about switches, profiles or anything about this world.

Well i think that's all i have to share with you guys, but just for now, i feel like i'm going to spend a lot of my free time here.

it's a pleasure to be part of this forum!

Cya!

Raul.

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:31:46 by ionra »

Offline zars15

Re: Rip Wallet
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:14:25 »
Welcome!

I wish you exciting journey in the world of mechanical boards. Though I really recommend limiting your budget for this hobby, to get the most saisfaction out of it. You can find some unfortunate stories like this: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67980.0

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:29:16 »
Hi! Welcome!
Yes I can assure you that his hobby is daunting in terms of wallet, but just like any other hobbies try to seek the pleasure not the pride of owning something
It can get out of hand at times but honestly, I stay for the community not the keyboards

blend around and you'll see how nice the community is :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 09:05:46 »
Wellcome raul. your from fallout new vegas right?  :)) fallout player will know lol hope you enjoy it here  :thumb:

Offline krbuck

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 14:33:49 »
Hello ionra!

I'm vacationing in Spain next year; I'm really looking forward to the experience.

Welcome to the community!

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 05:42:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Pok3r is a great keyboard to start with, and MX blues were my first modern switch - obviously mechanical, nicely clicky and not too stiff.  I found out I prefer stiffer springs in my switches so I moved on, but I still have all my MX blue keyboards :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ