Author Topic: Hyper Hyperfuse Hype Sticker Raffle  (Read 209705 times)

Offline mesteris

Re: Hyper Hyperfuse Hype Sticker Raffle
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:32:05 »
Part of me wants to do the math to see what my odds are, but another part of me is afraid to see how small that number is.  The third part is psyched about getting stickers and fears not being able to the math for the first part anyway.

Well as of 10/8/2015, 4031 stickers were sold. Sale ended a couple days after that so I'll assume 4500 stickers were sold. 100 Binge caps available so that's a 1/45 chance for every sticker bought. 45 stickers bought is a near guarantee for getting a cap unless you're really unlucky. This doesn't really account for people who bought a lot of stickers (because when their order is drawn, they're pulled out of the pool), so I imagine the odds are better. 220+ unique orders... 100 of those win a cap so it seems the chances are a lot better than 1/45 per sticker. Someone tell me this makes sense lol.

So without accounting for the 2-cap limit and withdrawal of those tickets from the pool, the odds of receiving a keycap with 45 tickets and 4500 tickets sold should be about 63.4% I believe.

1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )

Where x is the probability of the event and y is the number of runs.
I'm just using an old loot chance formula, but I think the idea's the same.
Anyone please feel free to point out any mistakes or errors in logic.

Once again, this doesn't account for the ticket pool changing, so odds are likely better than estimated.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #751 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:09:32 »
Part of me wants to do the math to see what my odds are, but another part of me is afraid to see how small that number is.  The third part is psyched about getting stickers and fears not being able to the math for the first part anyway.

Well as of 10/8/2015, 4031 stickers were sold. Sale ended a couple days after that so I'll assume 4500 stickers were sold. 100 Binge caps available so that's a 1/45 chance for every sticker bought. 45 stickers bought is a near guarantee for getting a cap unless you're really unlucky. This doesn't really account for people who bought a lot of stickers (because when their order is drawn, they're pulled out of the pool), so I imagine the odds are better. 220+ unique orders... 100 of those win a cap so it seems the chances are a lot better than 1/45 per sticker. Someone tell me this makes sense lol.

So without accounting for the 2-cap limit and withdrawal of those tickets from the pool, the odds of receiving a keycap with 45 tickets and 4500 tickets sold should be about 63.4% I believe.

1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )

Once again, this doesn't account for the ticket pool changing, so odds are likely better than estimated.

I think I like the sound of those odds  :p

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #752 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 11:26:55 »

1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )

This was always supposed to be made to where a lot of stickers happened and a lot of people got caps.  The odds were much better than I expected initially considering the # of stickets per sale outweighed the # of buyers significantly.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #753 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 13:38:12 »

1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )

This was always supposed to be made to where a lot of stickers happened and a lot of people got caps.  The odds were much better than I expected initially considering the # of stickets per sale outweighed the # of buyers significantly.

As someone who only got 6 stickets I am very happy to hear this!

Poker II

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #754 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:01:29 »
I was so preoccupied with whether or not I could buy a ton of stickets that I didn't stop to think if I should... now what am I gonna do with close to 50 stickers?!?!?! :p

Offline dohbot

« Reply #755 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:02:08 »
I was so preoccupied with whether or not I could buy a ton of stickets that I didn't stop to think if I should... now what am I gonna do with close to 50 stickers?!?!?! :p

What am I going to do with 125??
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #756 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:03:16 »

Binge-suit!

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #757 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:04:27 »
stick'em all over your city

Offline dohbot

« Reply #758 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:05:09 »

Binge-suit!

Speaking of, are winners going to be announced midnight October 30th, or some time during the day on October 31st? I just want to know if it will be a staying up late or waking up early or just nervously waiting throughout the day kinda deal.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #759 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:10:57 »
I was so preoccupied with whether or not I could buy a ton of stickets that I didn't stop to think if I should... now what am I gonna do with close to 50 stickers?!?!?!

Binge-suit!

Speaking of, are winners going to be announced midnight October 30th, or some time during the day on October 31st? I just want to know if it will be a staying up late or waking up early or just nervously waiting throughout the day kinda deal.
Dude you are going to give me an aneurysm.  Let me sort your orders in peace without having to address this all over again.  You'll know on Halloween.  If the information I have provided is not alright I would be willing to refund your order.  Just stop asking the same question different ways.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #760 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:12:14 »
I was so preoccupied with whether or not I could buy a ton of stickets that I didn't stop to think if I should... now what am I gonna do with close to 50 stickers?!?!?!

Binge-suit!

Dude you are going to give me an aneurysm.  Let me sort your orders in peace without having to address this all over again.  You'll know on Halloween.  If the information I have provided is not alright I would be willing to refund your order.  Just stop asking the same question different ways.

Don't piss off my Bingey

Offline dohbot

« Reply #761 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:12:59 »

Binge-suit!

I'll be good :(

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #762 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:16:17 »

Your heart is in such a good place man. xD

If you're ever in PA sometime drop me a PM, stop by, and make yourself a custom slo-fi.

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #763 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:19:10 »

If you're ever in PA sometime drop me a PM, stop by, and make yourself a custom slo-fi.
Holy **** , you're in PA? Who new greatness was so close to me!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #764 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:23:39 »

PA bros unite!

Too bad I don't live there anymore :(

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #765 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:24:40 »

PA bros unite!

You're not missing much haha, though I'm in farm country

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #766 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:25:39 »

PA bros unite!

So was I. Grew up south of Harrisburg.

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #767 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:26:49 »

PA bros unite!

Wow I'm close! I'm in a little town called Littlestown!

Offline dohbot

« Reply #768 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:27:09 »

Thank you so much! Why did I think you lived in Oklahoma? That's really nice I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever there!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #769 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:50:23 »

I may need to stop by and try my hands at something before moving out to Minneapolis this summer.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #770 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:51:48 »

I am actually from Greencastle, but most people don't know where that is.  Not too far from you.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #771 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 19:01:11 »

Bro roll on up to Mechanicsburg area.  We'll hit an Appalachian or Bangkok 56

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #772 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 19:02:04 »

PA bros unite!

"little town called Littlestown" LOL guess they weren't that creative when they named the place...

Offline dohbot

« Reply #773 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 19:07:46 »

PA bros unite!

"little town called Littlestown" LOL guess they weren't that creative when they named the place...

Doesn't seem like they had high aspirations for their town.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #774 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 19:18:25 »

PA bros unite!

Doesn't seem like they had high aspirations for their town.

Damn you guys are all so far away..  :(

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #775 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 19:21:29 »

Booking a flight to PA

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #776 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 19:42:02 »

Booking a flight to PA

Typing this from my car. Why aren't speed limits 150 mph??

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #777 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 20:17:12 »

Booking a flight to PA

Typing this from my car. Why aren't speed limits 150 mph??

Where we are going we don't need speedlimits
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:25:30 by tigersharkdude »

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #778 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 21:55:27 »

....What are you doin this weekend ;D

Need help with the stickets?

Edit: Yea, I'm an hour away.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #779 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 22:30:52 »

I do need help with stickets, but nothing wifu and I can't handle.

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #780 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 22:31:45 »

I do need help with stickets, but nothing wifu and I can't handle.
Fair enough! If you feel like Thai just let me know!

Offline ika

« Reply #781 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 22:48:39 »

ex-PA bros unite!

Offline drewba

« Reply #782 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 12:04:20 »

ex-PA bros unite!
Born and raised in Hershey! Now I want some chocolate.

Offline wesleyjhere

« Reply #783 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 12:51:49 »
Anyone want to recoup some of their money and sell me a few stickers?

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 13:03:41 »

sure after I receive them :)
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #785 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:17:13 »

NEVER!!!.. I am going to post mine all around Seattle  :p

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #786 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:26:36 »

NEVER!!!.. I am going to post mine all around Seattle  :p

Now that you mention it...my campus could use some of Binge's omniscient presence. Time to stick a few on some signs :P

Offline wesleyjhere

« Reply #787 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:28:33 »
Hoodlums, the lot of ya

Offline GSimon

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:55:31 »

Odds are good :)

Good....Good
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:49:18 by GSimon »

Offline V1ral

« Reply #789 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 12:51:38 »

Tomorrow...

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #790 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:13:49 »
ONE MORE DAY! ONE MORE DAY!

Poker II

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #791 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:16:18 »
The suspense is killing me.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline kohi

« Reply #792 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:24:50 »
I want me stickers :eek:

Offline drewba

« Reply #793 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:25:48 »
The suspense is killing me.

RIP Nai_Calus, you were far too young! I will cover your headstone with stickers.

Offline Sn0_Man

« Reply #794 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:35:27 »
I wonder if binge would give out stickers to trick-or-treaters :>
Pok3r w/Clears & blank PBT

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #795 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:49:28 »
Oh man... This is just waiting to be filled out.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #796 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:50:56 »

Show Image

So close I can hardly wait! I don't fully understand what this will mean when it is filled, but I am very excited!

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #797 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:55:50 »
OH, be still my beating heart..

Offline drewba

« Reply #798 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:59:41 »

IDK man, this doesn't seem fair   :p :p

Offline lolpes

« Reply #799 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:02:42 »
Show Image

IDK man, this doesn't seem fair   :p :p

WTTF one of your many well deserved caps pls good sir :D