Author Topic: Wanting to transplant mx cherry blues into RGB browns  (Read 780 times)

Offline Navi

Wanting to transplant mx cherry blues into RGB browns
« on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 17:27:55 »
So, I just created this account because I can not find the answer on google for the life of me. I am probably just over-thinking this whole thing, but with the amount of money I am going to spend I just want to make sure.  :-[

I have been researching mechanical keyboards for a week or so on my free time from work and college and I am 80% sure of what I want.  :-\ I got to borrow a friends Razer Black Widow (I think?) for about half a year and they were blue (or is that razer green? either way they clicked) So I know I want clicky, but the keyboard I am choosing to get is the Corsair k70 RGB, but the blues were discontinued and I don't like the reds. I am forced to go with the browns (which would be my second choice).

Would I be able to switch those mx cherry RGB browns' innards with the normal blue springs and stems so I would have clicky blues, but while keeping the clear RGB clear housing?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Wanting to transplant mx cherry blues into RGB browns
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 17:59:01 »
I just found this posted by a knowledgeable member here - seems you're good to go with your mod :)

The switch mechinism is the same in the RGB version, the only difference is the LED is SMD mount, and there is a diffuser instead of the holes where an LED would typically go.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Navi

Re: Wanting to transplant mx cherry blues into RGB browns
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:40:19 »
 :thumb: Thanks!  :thumb: