Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 943 times)

Offline TechGeddon

Hey Everyone!
« on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 23:57:32 »
Hi, I'm a fresh spawn looking to gain some hardware and skills.

I am alright at soldering, and have averate-moderate electronics knowledge.
Very excited to throw some ideas out in the coming time and get some responses on ideas on keyboards I have had.
I am currently using a corsair k50, nkro keyboard, its a huge beast and eats up all the room on my desk!
So hopefully i can get some basic knowledge and experience from the members of this site and possibly become a productive person in the group/community.

Only thing I find is that I am unable to hunt down an existing open pcb design so that I may learn the layouts and how such designs are created/processed/implemented.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 06:00:12 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sounds like you need a smaller keyboard, like a TKL, or even a 60%.  Or maybe a 40%?

The making stuff together is always a good place to browse if you are thinking of designing and/or building your own keyboard.  Lots of build threads the knowledge therein.

For keybaords designed at GH, you might take a look at the GH60 and the JD40.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 16:56:03 »
Welcome to geekhack, I love you.