Author Topic: How much exercise do you get?  (Read 6920 times)

Offline drewba

Re: How much exercise do you get?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 15:24:00 »
I used to do bodyweight strength stuff at home (pullups, pushups, squats, etc) every other day but I just got peer pressured in to doing a 10K run at the end of november. So now I run 3-4 times a week + long hikes a few times a month.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 October 2015, 15:25:32 by drewba »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 18:13:21 »
My daughter and I just returned from a nice ride down hill and .... uf! ... back home.

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:50:28 »
0 amount daily, I've been leading a very sedentary life the past 2 years and I am starting to worry it's effecting my health very negatively so I'm starting running again thought I feel WAY out of shape after less than a mile run.

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:25:45 »
I try to work out every other day. Usually ~20 minutes cardio followed by lifting. Of course when exam week rolls around...  :rolleyes:

Offline geekhack360

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 02:07:15 »
I walk at least 3 miles a day rain or shine.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 03:19:56 »
I've been recovering from a bike crash for the past month so I haven't able to get any :(

Usually I exercise between 10-15 hours a week, the large majority of which is either cycling or running. I usually bike more than I run, so around 100-150 miles on the bike and 5-30 miles running. I lift maybe once a week but I do some push ups and basic strength stuff at home when I get bored.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:28:26 »
Barely nothing.. But when I'm not in the mood to cook anything fancy or so I usually go to a pizza place thats further away from the closest one, in that way I manage to sneak in some walks. :rolleyes:
| ISO |

Offline darkspider

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 06:27:19 »
nothing!
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:00:13 »
I've been recovering from a bike crash for the past month so I haven't able to get any :(

Usually I exercise between 10-15 hours a week, the large majority of which is either cycling or running. I usually bike more than I run, so around 100-150 miles on the bike and 5-30 miles running. I lift maybe once a week but I do some push ups and basic strength stuff at home when I get bored.

I cycling as well, and do some free-weigh strength exercises at home. I am very sorry for your crash, I hope you are OK now, and your bicycle.

Offline malaik0

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:21:23 »
im kinda the stupid guy that do all in 2 or 3 months (gym, football (soccer), bike), get healthy and "the most fitness guy" but after that i stop three months and **** everything...then I will do it all again  ;D :-[ ;D

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:33:08 »
I carry 15kg of beer to beautiful spots.

OO! Call me interested! Do you have a pamphlet?

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:54:30 »
Been getting right back into the exercise lately as a way to control my depression, seems to be working reasonably well so far. Only bad thing is I really feel it when I miss a day. The last week I've done 3 hikes, one boot camp workout that I used to do for grid iron training, and one yoga session earlier in the week.

Helps that I've recently moved a lot closer to the city, there are so many nice places to get out and do things.

Good on you! And same here. I try to run 2-3 times a week. It's been rainy the last week so I haven't been able to run in a few days. I like to pretend I'm running away from whatever is on my mind which has helped me condition myself to want to run when I feel bad. Seems to be a pretty good routine for me.

2 miles every morning and weights at night.  Just got back from the gym.  So.  Hungry.

#workoutgoals

You're a beast!  :eek:
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:08:55 »
Lost a lot of weight since my son was born. He's not really walking yet and carrying him about and not spending a fraction of the time I used to sitting down makes a world of difference.

Got back into horse riding in the last 6 months. 3 hours a week isn't much but i feel a bit more energetic for it. Used do a lot of hunting and cross country as a kid. There's a place near me doing polocross I'm thinking of giving that a go if it doesn't cost much.

Offline Altis

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:13:25 »
Been going to the gym fairly steadily for the past 11 years (turned 28 recently).

It's so much easier to work out once you're through the first couple of weeks. I've barely gone this summer and I'm really feeling it as I try to get back into it.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:17:30 »
Been going to the gym fairly steadily for the past 11 years (turned 28 recently).

It's so much easier to work out once you're through the first couple of weeks. I've barely gone this summer and I'm really feeling it as I try to get back into it.

Once it becomes routine (took around 6 weeks for me to finally get into the rhythm of it), it's really easy.  The problem is, a lot of people that start trying to go to the gym usually give up before then.  :(

Offline Aengus

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:00:32 »

Once it becomes routine (took around 6 weeks for me to finally get into the rhythm of it), it's really easy.  The problem is, a lot of people that start trying to go to the gym usually give up before then.  :(

This is so true.  After a few weeks it becomes habit and I would actually be in a bad mood if I didn't go.  Problem is, after a few weeks of not going to the gym, that becomes the habit and the guilt of not going drifts away.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:55:53 »
I used to get about 3~ hours a day, so hour and a half in the morning and then evening. Now its like twice a week  :p

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:14:29 »
I weight lift 3 times a week and been meaning to start cardio forever ago
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:16:42 »

skip leg day and cardio if you want to keep your gainz  :))

Offline nova779

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:28:15 »
I usually do nothing, but then fencing starts and I realize how out of shape I am and start running three or four times a week

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:28:29 »
Walking to/from my car from/to where I sit is the only exercise I get....lol

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 06:46:14 »
I carry 15kg of beer to beautiful spots.

OO! Call me interested! Do you have a pamphlet?
I've no idea what you're talking about. Do you want a hug?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:40:21 »
Run at least three times a week, walks with the girl on other days. I keep saying I'm going to start lifting again too, but that hasn't happened yet...

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 13:05:52 »
Run at least three times a week, walks with the girl on other days. I keep saying I'm going to start lifting again too, but that hasn't happened yet...

I'm the same way - even though I've got a gym membership I'm usually too beat to go lift weights

Plus I hate the gym environment - much nicer running

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:14:17 »

This is so true.  After a few weeks it becomes habit and I would actually be in a bad mood if I didn't go.  Problem is, after a few weeks of not going to the gym, that becomes the habit and the guilt of not going drifts away.

If I don't go to the gym after work, and I don't specifically have something to do, like some shopping trip or a haircut or something, I feel so weird and aimless. Like I'll just sit down on my couch and say to myself "this doesn't feel right..."

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:05:56 »

skip leg day and cardio if you want to keep your gainz  :))

You don't want chicken legs, don't skip leg day