Author Topic: Backspace instead capslock  (Read 956 times)

Offline i0nC4nn0n

Backspace instead capslock
« on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:04:16 »
Made a profile pic, signature, the whole shebang, hope im amongs the kool kidz now. My english is crappy (grammar being my issue). Daily driver is a Filco TKL, it has some nice blank keys from WASD, soldered some switches around on it. It's controller is a pegasus hoof (a second one is coming for the other Filco used by my gf). I love my Dell AT101W so much that i put a teensy (clone) in it so that i can program it (using Soarer's converter), but sadly i can't use it due to limited desk space.
As a thread starter let us discuss the fact that the Colemak layout (that i wanted to learn but since than gave up) uses no capslock key (instead the backspace is there - so you have 2 backspace keys) that somehow stuck with me (hence all the custom controllers / programmable) and would recommend everyone.
                    (placeholder for 60%)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Backspace instead capslock
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 02:17:21 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice collection :)

Do you use the Colemak layout?  If so, do you switch between ANSI and Colemak much, and is it difficult switching back and forth?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ