Author Topic: Are all Artisans traded 1 for 1?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Dongulator

Are all Artisans traded 1 for 1?
« on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 22:50:08 »
Are all Artisans traded 1 for 1? Is a clack work two bro's? is a bro worth 2 clacks?
I know the general rule of thumb is 1 for 1 trades, but can some Artisans fetch more Artisans than others?

Offline raymogi

Re: Are all Artisans traded 1 for 1?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 22:53:15 »
Nothing is set in stone. It depends more on the owner of those caps I guess.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 23:49:50 »
Definitely dependent on supply and demand and whatever the owner says. I guess it is a bit like economics.

If you own the only OG reaper (just as example) and 10 people demand it, you have more bargaining power and can drive the implicit and explicit costs up or down. But if no one wants it, it doesn't really hold much value.

I would like to think that 1 for 1 applies within the same category although Clacks and Bros have their own sub-categories (single color/multi-color/etc) it can be hard to keep track of.

Don't be greedy  :p

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 01:23:02 »
In the end, just make a trade that both sides are happy with. You don't need set rules. I have traded caps in the past that were rarer for something that was more common, because as long as you are happy with what you are getting, its all good. :)

Offline BrewCaps

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 12:56:28 »
Is a clack work two bro's? i

Probably.  Now if only someone would sell me one.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 13:02:13 »
Maybe it's just me, but I think the value is entirely dependent on what the person is looking to acquire and/or trade. There are caps I really, really want, and if I had something of "higher" value that I was willing to trade, I'd do so happily. I can do this for a few reasons:

1.) I only buy caps at cost, so aftermarket value isn't of utmost importance to me.
2.) I'd rather have something I want and will use that something I do not.

Also, if an individual is generally nice, and doesn't aim to **** people over the kindness will be repaid back. I mean more as a general life practice than directed at any one in particular. You are all super cool, naturally.  :cool:
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 15:48:47 »
It depends on the rarity of color.
For example: 2 Mint Gum Clacks might be worth 1 Milk Blue or a Nightowl might be worth about as much as a Toxic

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 15:52:29 »
As with what everyone else has said, there is no set thing for this as long as you like the outcome of the trade and enjoy what you get and are happy the trade is fair, although I would say no key is worth more than 2 others no matter the colour or type.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 00:55:45 »
A Clack in the hand is worth two in the bush.

A Bro in time saves nine.

Too many KBKs spoils the broth.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:22:29 »
Definitely depends on a case by case basis!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 20:09:05 »
Definitely depends on a case by case basis!

Or a key by key basis ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ