Author Topic: Issues with my first keyboard build  (Read 1490 times)

Offline KaminKevCrew

Issues with my first keyboard build
« on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:30:32 »
So, I have a keyboard that I'm trying (and apparently failing) to build. It's a board with 67g Zealios, with a zealio purple anodized aluminum plate by leandren, and I'm using a bronze tex aluminum case, oh, and gold plated, clipped stabs also from leandren.

Anyway, the right stabilizer of the space bar is giving me some serious issues. It sticks, so the key doesn't always come back up all the way, and for some reason, the stab wire keeps coming out of the housing (it unclips itself) and I can't figure out why. Basically, I'm glad that I haven't soldered the board yet, because I've already pulled the pcb off once, trying to resolve this... Anyone have any tips/tricks/suggestions? I just got to work, but I can definitely try whatever might work once I get home.

(some pictures of the board, although I haven't taken any of my specific issue...)

Also, ignore the pok3r with the missing switch bits... That happened last night when I was taking keys off...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Issues with my first keyboard build
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 15:28:05 »
Have you tried swapping the stab housings to see if it's something to with the hole in the plate at that end (could be slightly too tight so squeezing it) or the housing itself?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:48:14 »
Have you tried swapping the stab housings to see if it's something to with the hole in the plate at that end (could be slightly too tight so squeezing it) or the housing itself?
I have since looked at it more closely, it looks like the stab housing had a little bit of extra material on it, but that hasn't completely resolved my issue. It also looks like the actual wire has a little bit of extra material at the ends that is causing it to stick. The only thing about that is that they are gold plated stabs, and I'm disappointed that it looks like I'll have to take off some of the gold :/

Offline ika

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:50:39 »
Where did you get your stabilizers from?

Are you sure they're completely clipped into the PCB? Take a picture of the bottom side please.