Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
Intro Thread
« on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:00:02 »
Welp, after reading the internet drama 2k15 that is the bro therapy thread I figured I'd make an intro post.

Been on GH for close to 2 years now and might as well get to 100 posts so I can continue my awesome bro caps luck (currently 0 for 15.) :c

Anyways, currently a senior in college for Mechanical Engineering Technology.  I also am in the Army National Guard/ ROTC.  With those 3 things in my life, it can definitely become hectic and therefore am more of a lurker than poster (hell I've been in a clan for 2yrs and have less posts there than on GH).

I will be commissioning as a 2nd LT in the Army National Guard this May into the Signal Corps.  I just had an aviation board yesterday that seemed to go well so hopefully I will be accepted into that and get to fly helicopters instead.

Keyboard wise:
I have a white edition Ducky Shine 3.  (browns)

Keycaps wise:
-Carbon set, whenever they decide to make them I guess.
- HKP: Firebrick Warmaster, Smokey G2.
- KRAP: Robot and Judgement Skull
- Nubs: Dolly + Heart
- Binge: 2x Orcs.
- WoB: 2x Ninjas.

TL;DR - Hi

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 19:08:28 »
0/15?!

Thats gotta be a record haha.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 19:20:38 »
It's just too hard to get brocaps man. goodluck man

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:35:20 »
0/15?!

Thats gotta be a record haha.

0/7 on CTRL Alt (Cosmos Sale, Easter Sale, Black Out Sale, Winter is Coming Sale, Mystery Bro, Icestorm Sale, Mash Up Sale.)
0/2 Email (lowsodium, Angry Summer Sale, )

0/3 Other
Random Sack of Stuff Sale
Show and Tell Giveaway
Welcome Back Geekhack Giveaway

0/12 that I can find paperwork for. I think I tried 2 more email sales + 1 other giveaway but cant find them in my sent folder.  Hope I either get better luck or continue on to 0/20 just to hit a milestone.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:42:18 »
No worries there.  I've managed to get more than a few despite coming up empty on every sale I can remember since they started on [Ctrl]Alt.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 00:03:12 »
I'd say my usual "Welcome to Geekhack!", but under the circumstances it seems a bit redundant :))

That Ducky - is it actually white (like a KeyCool) or off-white (like a Filco)?

I have a whiter than white KeyCool, and it goes really well with so many keycap sets.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 09:02:46 »
I'd say my usual "Welcome to Geekhack!", but under the circumstances it seems a bit redundant :))

I have a whiter than white KeyCool, and it goes really well with so many keycap sets.
Thanks.

It is more of a Keycool white.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 04:58:01 »

Thanks.

It is more of a Keycool white.

Show Image

Sweet :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:32:20 »
Hey there! I'm pretty new here but I've had my fair share of luck so far (almost feeling a bit unfair...)

So if you are still looking for Bro Caps I have a few and one more on the way (The Rustler). Let me know and maybe we can work something out!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.