Author Topic: hey :)  (Read 1662 times)

Offline jpvs

• What we type in life echoes in eternity
hey :)
« on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:47:34 »
Today after weeks of lurking i just registered and I would like to introduce myself to the community.

A few months ago I started to participate in Reddit (no hate plox) although I am not very active user, I  would like to participate here also.

I have about a year owning a MKB so i consider myself new to this world.

My first KB was a Ducky Shine 3 white case,  the second was a ducky mini and a YOTG is comming next weeks,  yep.. i like duckies :P

I 'm from Mexico so spanish is my first language, I try to write correctly but as anyone i can make mistakes.

Saludos.

PS: I'm not posting/signing up here for the keycaps sales, I have no interest in them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:51:21 by jpvs »

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
Re: hey :)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:49:37 »
Welcome :)

I am new also and so far this has been a welcoming community.

You must like bezels
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline jpvs

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:53:38 »
What has been seen cannot be unseen  : (

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:56:26 »
Ha, but seriously, you can always get a new case. I haven't had any experience with Ducky but a friend of mine had a ducky mini and said the LED's had all failed, but hey maybe I'll come across one some day and try it out for myself.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:06:13 »
Bienvenidos hombre!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 05:14:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I thought the Ducky name sounded silly to start with, but it's just a name.  I have three Ducky Shines, including my Shine 3 Yellow Edition TKL :)

Have you still got the standard/original keycaps on all your keyboards?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jpvs

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 06:39:50 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I thought the Ducky name sounded silly to start with, but it's just a name.  I have three Ducky Shines, including my Shine 3 Yellow Edition TKL :)

Have you still got the standard/original keycaps on all your keyboards?

Ducky was not my first choice but I'm glad it was what i ended buying

1 year ago i was looking for a white case keyboard.. after some months of searching i found a quickfire tk white edition on the CM store and i placed my order as fast as I could then they cancel my order because i was sending it to an address on US and my paypal was from Mexico, i didn't sent to my address on mexico because they didn't ship to my country.

I contacted the support and explained the situation that in mexico is impossible to get a MK although there are several companies that sell CM products no one sell the keyboards. I had finally found a keyboard that I liked but they didn't agree to accept my order so in the end they refund my money...  tbh i was very angry and sad. My money was not good enough for them.

Some days later i found a website dedicated to mechs and saw the ducky shine 3 white edition so i bought it almost instantly, the rest is history everything is happiness, now i have 3 kbs from the same site that didn't reject on my first keyboard :P  and i will continue buying my mechs there, love the customer service   :thumb:

concerning the keycaps
first i was using some led covers with stock abs keycaps, then i start using the vortex white backlit pbt but now i have a keycool rainbow set the  white vortex is now on the mini. 

sorry for my WOT :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:44:52 »
I love the white one wit white LEDs! :)

First time I've seen one of those!

By the way there is a post your Duckies thread where you're more than welcome to post these pictures to reach a wider audience.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jpvs

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:57:18 »
looks cool right?   Unfortunately some symbols and the number row doesn't light because the position and in the highest brightness they had bleeding.   

i need to clean all the mess on my dekstop and take some photos with a better camera then i will post there :D

thx

I love the white one wit white LEDs! :)

First time I've seen one of those!

By the way there is a post your Duckies thread where you're more than welcome to post these pictures to reach a wider audience.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:49:49 »
welcome to gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:56:04 »
looks cool right?   Unfortunately some symbols and the number row doesn't light because the position and in the highest brightness they had bleeding.   

i need to clean all the mess on my dekstop and take some photos with a better camera then i will post there :D

thx

You get that with key sets not designed for backlit keyboards.  Recent backlit keyboards even have the shifted and unshifted legends almost next to each other on the keycap so both are lit (thinking of the CODE).