Author Topic: Otaku Kiibodo Keyset - PBT Dyesub DSA  (Read 5293 times)

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
Otaku Kiibodo Keyset - PBT Dyesub DSA
« on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 03:39:51 »
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/otaku-kiibodo-pbt-dsa-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

Hopefully that link works

Just saw that it was put up and put in an order for a bunch of sets (everything besides blanks)

Hopefully the price goes down significantly because damn that's an expensive keyset otherwise =P

Offline Dernubenfrieken

Re: Otaku Kiibodo Keyset - PBT Dyesub DSA
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 08:23:19 »
The way massdrop and creators have been handling child sets is really messing up the pricing. Its insane that something as standard as a 60% kit is $71 on its own. Price drops should help out, but its hard to hit those in the first place if no one orders initially. Same thing happened to elementos and caused them to close it down with an eye on rebooting.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 09:56:46 »
The way massdrop and creators have been handling child sets is really messing up the pricing. Its insane that something as standard as a 60% kit is $71 on its own. Price drops should help out, but its hard to hit those in the first place if no one orders initially. Same thing happened to elementos and caused them to close it down with an eye on rebooting.

I really think massdrop should be more transparent about the price breaks. I'm not even sure why we're using massdrop for sets anymore if PMK site was rebooted (and had a better system in the first place) BESIDES that it will be more visible on massdrop.

In the end I really hope they release price breaks.

More would probably order if they saw "oh, if we get 100 people ordering the 60% set it will be $30" or whatever

Offline ika

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:00:12 »
This pricing scheme pretty much killed Elemento. They need to do something about it or it's going to kill this one dead in the water too.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:10:05 »
Another problem for Elemento  was only after the drop started did they say they would do a grey ISO enter, and I believe there were other planned changes for the international kit.

I'm not convinced the current massdrop system is the best for child deals.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:14:28 »
Another problem for Elemento  was only after the drop started did they say they would do a grey ISO enter, and I believe there were other planned changes for the international kit.

It's awful

I ordered two base kits (one of each) and 5 child kits and it counted as 5 orders in the massdrop system

Someone who just buys the base kits or even just a single keycap would increase the order

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:16:19 »

It's awful

I ordered two base kits (one of each) and 5 child kits and it counted as 5 orders in the massdrop system

Someone who just buys the base kits or even just a single keycap would increase the order

Wow, I did not know it was that bad.  I wanted to order Elemento  but it was pulled before I made the order

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:26:08 »

It's awful

Wow, I did not know it was that bad.  I wanted to order Elemento  but it was pulled before I made the order

Yup...
Every time you press that little "add another order" button it's +1 to how many orders you're putting in.
While this works fine when you're ordering just multiples of units (like 3 bottles of ink or something) it's useless when it comes to keycap sets with multiple child deals.

Honestly they should just make it similar to GMK where basically everything is put into one base kit then have a couple of spots for extras IN ONE ORDER

Offline Delirious

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:37:04 »
Agree wholeheartedly, too many child deals and the modifiers should be in the base kit as well.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:44:43 »
I don't think Massdrop is bad for ordering keycap sets. I just think it's bad for child deals. If the cap set was offered as a one-off set, like GMK Triumph Adler, then I think it's fine.
Then again, Danger Zone was hugely popular; it could just be that Elemento wasn't as appealing.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:29:17 »
I don't think Massdrop is bad for ordering keycap sets. I just think it's bad for child deals. If the cap set was offered as a one-off set, like GMK Triumph Adler, then I think it's fine.
Then again, Danger Zone was hugely popular; it could just be that Elemento wasn't as appealing.

Danger zone also had TKL standard, so you could order a reasonable base set and get continuous price drops, and reduced the initial pricing for the majority of people. Most of the child packs still had fairly "high" pricing, but people didn't feel as ripped off as if they were buying 1 base and 2 child packs just to fill a TKL.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:39:23 »

Danger zone also had TKL standard, so you could order a reasonable base set and get continuous price drops, and reduced the initial pricing for the majority of people. Most of the child packs still had fairly "high" pricing, but people didn't feel as ripped off as if they were buying 1 base and 2 child packs just to fill a TKL.

Not to mention that just the base kit + non standard mod + TKL set would cost you over $220 IIRC

Offline Delirious

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:40:01 »

Actually Danger Zone's base is a TKL in itself with a few extras. So in order to build an Otaku set that comparable to Danger Zone's base alone you have to fork out at least 3x more money.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:57:45 »

Actually Danger Zone's base is a TKL in itself with a few extras. So in order to build an Otaku set that comparable to Danger Zone's base alone you have to fork out at least 3x more money.

Unless of course there are significant price breaks

I really hope the mods chime in with the regards of price breaks

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 12:28:25 »

That's what I meant, that rather than splitting off TKL and Mods, it was all "standard". Which is how it SHOULD be (at least put mods in the base set FFS)

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 12:38:32 »

That's what I meant, that rather than splitting off TKL and Mods, it was all "standard". Which is how it SHOULD be (at least put mods in the base set FFS)
Or adjust hte prices so that the prices come out reasonable

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 12:58:24 »
not sure did i get something wrong or not. but if I need to use it on a 84 keys board, I will have to order the base set, 60% kit, TKL mods, non standard mods, and a 7u spaceabr and the price is $280.53 include tax and shipping? seriously, what the **** are those prices

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 13:24:37 »
not sure did i get something wrong or not. but if I need to use it on a 84 keys board, I will have to order the base set, 60% kit, TKL mods, non standard mods, and a 7u spaceabr and the price is $280.53 include tax and shipping? seriously, what the **** are those prices

Just pack up and start casting your own cals!

Offline Keypurrfect

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:43:13 »
So weaboo.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:56:27 »
Wow, those prices are insane.  A full size keyboard would cost over $200 before shipping.

The kits are a mess.  The base is far too stripped down and the child kits just make it a mess to try to assemble a full kit.  Hopefully others notice this and steer toward better configurations for future group buys on Massdrop. 

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 05:10:29 »
I'm really looking forward to Troubled Minds/Joker going on massdrop next month but with the number of child deals I want I fear the price :(

Offline jaffers

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 06:02:02 »
The price for this drop is horrible, at first I though $50 was incredibly reasonable... But then I looked in the cart and promptly emptied it

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 06:30:01 »
I'm really looking forward to Troubled Minds/Joker going on massdrop next month but with the number of child deals I want I fear the price :(

It don't see it being the same issue, because they have the base set as TKL. The novelties will probably be expensive as well as most of the specialty child packs, but at least the majority of people will be able to get a basic set for a reasonable price. Also as contoured SA and a fairly hyped set, people will be willing to jump on early.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:58:37 »

It don't see it being the same issue, because they have the base set as TKL. The novelties will probably be expensive as well as most of the specialty child packs, but at least the majority of people will be able to get a basic set for a reasonable price. Also as contoured SA and a fairly hyped set, people will be willing to jump on early.

I hope it sells well.  Lower prices would be very nice :)

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:00:24 »

Price breaks are out

Offline Delirious

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:09:09 »
Wow even at the huge drop off percentages the blank individuals are still crazy.
Beside that I'm actually happy with a lot of things. MD should have posted this in the beginning to encourage more people to join

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:11:28 »
I can't justify spending more on this set than I just spent on Hyperfuse.

Even though my inner Otaku is crying out.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline dutC4

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:35:51 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:28:19 by dutC4 »

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:39:31 »
Wow even at the huge drop off percentages the blank individuals are still crazy.
Beside that I'm actually happy with a lot of things. MD should have posted this in the beginning to encourage more people to join

MD also should have bumped up some of the drop points to start. I mean, how many people are going to buy the base set but not mods? If they just made those drop points start at 50 to begin with, it would be a lot more reasonable.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 09:57:49 »

MD also should have bumped up some of the drop points to start. I mean, how many people are going to buy the base set but not mods? If they just made those drop points start at 50 to begin with, it would be a lot more reasonable.

Exactly

And unless you're only expecting 30 buyers you may as well just offer the lowest prices for each set to entice people to buy

So many people are being super wary of this set because of the checkout price on MD

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 10:08:13 »
Just recalculated my prices

2 base sets
Non standard mods
TKL mods
Both flag sets
60% set
7u spacebar

$226 + $10 shipping

A lot better than $350 originally

And I could knock off one of the base sets and 1 or both flag sets to get it down to $150ish which is a lot more reasonable.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 10:26:01 »
I'm looking at mods+ TKL and its a drop from ~110 to $70, which is in the realm of possibility.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 11:11:08 »
OOOOOOOOOOOO

I see a bunch more people joined the drop since the price breaks were posted

Offline panrc

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 12:06:56 »
I always get confused by massdrops weird way of displaying the price so correct me if im wrong.
$45 for a 4 key ISO kit, $7-$14 for SINGLE blanks and $70 for the 60% kit that's smaller than the $50 base kits?
I know I can't expect this stuff to be cheap but this is crazy. ~$200 just to cover a 60%. And I hate to think what the prices would be if it wasn't offset by ripping off the ISO users. Massdrop are taking this piss out of you guys. Its a shame because its a really cool set.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 12:10:26 »
I always get confused by massdrops weird way of displaying the price so correct me if im wrong.
$45 for a 4 key ISO kit, $7-$14 for SINGLE blanks and $70 for the 60% kit that's smaller than the $50 base kits?
I know I can't expect this stuff to be cheap but this is crazy. ~$200 just to cover a 60%. And I hate to think what the prices would be if it wasn't offset by ripping off the ISO users. Massdrop are taking this piss out of you guys. Its a shame because its a really cool set.

Check the table I posted

The prices go down a lot if we get more buyers

Offline Tachi

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 13:10:10 »
Really cool set but for my slightly altered iso board i would need the base and 2 child sets =( sad times.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 13:36:47 »
They've gotten a few more buyers since I looked last night.  Still lots of time left but I think the coordination on the drop was not done well.  The discounts on the online sheet are helpful but, really, they should have put them into the typical price drop info on pretty much every other set.  Instead, they started with low quantity info and without multiple price breaks.

As another person hopefully jumping in on the Troubled Minds set, I hope that run goes better than this one has gone thus far.  The sets are different, as mentioned, which certainly helps the situation.  Hopefully Massdrop learns their lesson here (okay, maybe not but I can be optimistic).

Offline sealcouch

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:47:23 »
Even at the lowest price, that's an insane price for the 60% mod set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:50:25 by sealcouch »

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:09:44 »
I personally dropped out.

I highly doubt the lowest prices will be hit which would leave me paying $20+ for a spacebar and $40+ for basic sets.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:03:24 »

I highly doubt the lowest prices will be hit which would leave me paying $20+ for a spacebar and $40+ for basic sets.
$20 for a space bar? Well, hot, steamy ass...

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:17:31 »
Still have a good bit of time but if the non-standard modifiers doesn't get MOQ im going to be annoyed, I'm willing to buyout the MOQ for 7u spacebars but not that lol.

I just want WKL support don't need the other stuff...

Edit: Might be able to just buy the 1.5u blanks + a 60% kit if the non-standard doesn't hit MOQ
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:30:01 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:29:21 »
It's at 60 buyers right now.  Wasn't the peak 66? 

Offline Delirious

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:40:19 »
A lot of people dropped out

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 05:59:50 »

Yeah, there's no way to get anyone to join when all it shows are the incredibly expensive drop points.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:10:48 »

Yeah, there's no way to get anyone to join when all it shows are the incredibly expensive drop points.

At this point I honestly hope it fails so they reorganize and fix their ****.

Make the base set include the 1u versions of the 1.25u characters as well as the mods for a 60%.

I hate getting the iso kits for those 1u characters

Then add some unique mod legends instead of reusing the same ones from granite.

Either way, too expensive for me right now

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:41:48 »

At this point I honestly hope it fails so they reorganize and fix their ****.

Make the base set include the 1u versions of the 1.25u characters as well as the mods for a 60%.

I hate getting the iso kits for those 1u characters

Then add some unique mod legends instead of reusing the same ones from granite.

Either way, too expensive for me right now

Elementos is also rebooting with a similar split and some combined child kits and dropped international support. We'll see how it goes.

Offline agong8664

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:51:42 »
Its a beautiful keyset. If MD can post all the price tiers I think there will be more possibility to reach it.
60%kit is still $71, I don't think many people can deal with the price.