Author Topic: CISA just passed...  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
CISA just passed...
« on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:27:44 »
Well **** you congress, this makes me want to move to Denmark or Sweden much more quickly.

Ugh, why does my country have to be a **** sometimes...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/27/cisa-cybersecurity-bill-senate-vote

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
Re: CISA just passed...
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:42:51 »
I read with horrors as well. Australia also recently passed this bill.

Does that mean that even Apple can’t stop it?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:50:22 »
Sigh. Shame on everyone that voted for this. Can't say that I'm surprised that is passed, but I'm certainly disappointed.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:53:48 »
At least Bernie Sanders voted against it. Not a surprise, but it's still good to see.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:55:13 »
At least Bernie Sanders voted against it. Not a surprise, but it's still good to see.

And of course all the Republicans were absent.  I'm not sure what's worse, being there and voting for it, or not being there so you can say you didn't vote for it.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:56:14 »
Shocker, suddenly Big Tech is on the sidelines when people start getting fatigued constantly fighting the same **** legislation.

World gov'ts come together to protect the unwashed masses from themselves!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:58:22 »

And of course all the Republicans were absent.  I'm not sure what's worse, being there and voting for it, or not being there so you can say you didn't vote for it.

Even if they had been there to vote it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Not saying not voting is the right decision though. Who needs the 4th amendment anyways, right?

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 23:59:23 »
I wonder what Hillary will say about it once it comes up, shes been dodging the question and she still hasn't made a stance on it...

Oh and to all the democratic and republican senators who voted yay, even more so the democratic ones: Get ****ed.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 00:04:51 »

Even if they had been there to vote it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Not saying not voting is the right decision though. Who needs the 4th amendment anyways, right?

I'd rather have someone make a vote that makes no difference than to be absent or abstain for a vote so that they can tell their constituents that they didn't vote for it and that it's someone else's fault and so that they can keep getting that sweet sweet lobbyist money. 

This has nothing to do with partisanship for me and everything to do with ethics and integrity.  If I had it my way, we'd fine congressmen for every vote they miss.  If we can fine pro sports players for conduct, we should be able to do the same with elected representatives.

I wonder what Hillary will say about it once it comes up, shes been dodging the question and she still hasn't made a stance on it...

Oh and to all the democratic and republican senators who voted yay, even more so the democratic ones: Get ****ed.

She'll probably talk about how it's a triumph.  She's just as much in the pockets of corporations as anyone else.  Her husband signed NAFTA into effect for crying out loud.  She flips flops on her views depending on what's best for her political career at the moment and where the money and future jobs come from.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 00:09:46 »

I'd rather have someone make a vote that makes no difference than to be absent or abstain for a vote so that they can tell their constituents that they didn't vote for it and that it's someone else's fault and so that they can keep getting that sweet sweet lobbyist money. 

This has nothing to do with partisanship for me and everything to do with ethics and integrity.  If I had it my way, we'd fine congressmen for every vote they miss.  If we can fine pro sports players for conduct, we should be able to do the same with elected representatives.

Couldn't agree more. Even Rand Paul didn't have the stones to vote and he's been so outspoken about this.