Author Topic: Converted Lurker saying "Hi!"  (Read 1125 times)

Offline skoch

Converted Lurker saying "Hi!"
« on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:54:21 »
I've been lurking on here a long time and finally joined about a month ago and this is my first post (hard to break the lurking habit).  I used this site to research for months before buying my first mech and now I can't stop coming here to read and ogle all of your fantastic setups. 

I purchased a Ducky Shine 3 with Blue MXs and red LEDs from a Microcenter clearance bin for $100 and I love it!  I've since added .4mm rings under the alphabet and .2mm rings under the space, enter and arrow keys.  I just received my first "artisan" keycap this past weekend, a pumpkin from Massdrop and I picked up the numpad set from the Danger Zone set so I'm excited to see that next year. 

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Cheers

Ducky Shine 3 Red LED, MX Blues

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Converted Lurker saying "Hi!"
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:58:53 »
Nice grab at Microcenter. I've been looking for ages and ages to see if anything would pop up in the clearance bin at my local Microcenter but no luck :(.

Welcome to Geekhack! Enjoy your stay here :D.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:58:56 »
Thanks for stepping out of the shadows   :))

I also ordered Danger Zone. Really looking forward to it. Are you thinking about other boards yet, or just dressings for your current one? :P

Oh, and welcome!

Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline pyrolovesmoney

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:17:23 »
I got that same pumpkin. Love it and let me know if you want to see some semi-artsy pictures I took or feel free to show me yours. Kinda bummed I was on vacation when it arrived (during halloween weekend)

Offline skoch

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 17:42:06 »
Thanks for the welcome all!  I am looking for another board these days, but I am going to take my time finding just the right one.  I need something quieter for working at night and when I am on calls.  Probably go with something more compact and tenkeyless.  I don't know if I am up for something as drastic as a Pok3r or similar non-arrow key layout.  I use the delete key a lot and like the looks of the Leopold FC660 so that might be the next place I go.  The only issue I have with it is the lack of LEDs.  I really like having them when working late so I don't have to light up the whole room.  The Magicforce 68-key on Massdrop right now looks like it might be perfect, but I don't know about the build quality from them.  Anyone have any personal experience with it?
Ducky Shine 3 Red LED, MX Blues

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:50:47 »
wlcm2gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:58:55 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

My first modern mechanical keyboard was a Ducky Shine 1 with MX blues and red LEDs!  I still have it (along with a few other keyboards I seem to have picked up along the way).

Any plans for your next keyboard?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ