Author Topic: Hi people... Wolfseye here from Germany wants to say hi  (Read 934 times)

Offline Wolfseye

Hi people... Wolfseye here from Germany wants to say hi
« on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:04:38 »
Hi guys,

I suppose i missed my welcome post here, so now let's wrap that up.

My name is Wolfseye from Cologne / Germany, I am 43 years old.

Over the years I used many many keyboards, starting a few years ago with mechanical keyboards. Other than of course back then with my first PC that also had a old-school mechanical Keyboard. Of course not the same than what you get these days.

The last years I exclusively used Qpad keyboards with Cherry  MX Blues. Loved that thing, just that the wristrest was a little unstable as far as attachment concerns.

So recently i switched boards, being sadly disappointed that there are so few MX Blue keyboards by now. Companies like Corsair and others seem to remove all the Blue Switch keyboards and what mainly left is red and brown. At least they can offer more choice. Some, like me, love the MX Blues. I love all about it, the click especially.

And the few Blue boards left most of them don't have good wrist rest, which is important for me. I tried with an external cloth wrist rest, and got even more pain from that.

So now I am currently with a Corsair K95 RGB with the Reds. Although i am thinking of maybe using browns for typing related stuff, while I find the Reds are better / faster for gaming.

No hardcore gamer, just sometime. Well I guess that's the most about me.

Cheers

Wolfseye

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX-Blue/Green LEDs) - Ducky Shine 3 (MX-Red/Pink LEDs) - Ducky Shine 4 (MX-Blue/Red&Blue LEDs) - CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX-Brown/White LEDs) - TTeSports Poseidon Z RGB (Kailh-Blue)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Hi people... Wolfseye here from Germany wants to say hi
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:08:49 »
Welcome to GH! I too enjoy Blues but I've now migrated to other clicky switches. Enjoy your stay here :D.

Oh and have you looked into wrist rests such as the ones made by inanis? Perhaps those would help your hand pains.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:49:24 »
welcome to gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:48:55 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Not many mechanical keyboards have built-in wrist rests, most people use a separate wrist rest.

Although separate ones might not be attachable (and thus move around without the keyboard moving), at least you have a lot of choice.

Wood or leather seem to be most popular.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ