Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 888 times)

Offline Faux

Hi!
« on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 01:55:46 »
Hi GeekHack,
      I just made my account today. I currently have a Ducky Shine 4 with MX Blacks thats like 2 months old. I like mechanical keyboards, and I'm looking into getting into greens because I like tactile switches over linear (I found out about this after I bought my DS4 with blacks though). I have a Snackey coming in the mail like next week so I'm hyped for that, along with my Tai Hao Miami's. If I am to sell my board for PayPal, where is the proper place to do this? I don't wanna upset the mods by posting in the wrong forum. Thanks.

Also this verification is really hard to read.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:51:56 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:05:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice keyboard :)

By "tactile", do you mean clicky?  MX green switches are tactile (a bump when you press the switch) and clicky (emitting a click from the switch internals), whereas MX clears are tactile (bump) without being clicky.  Blacks are linear (no bump, no click).

The best place to sell your keyboard is in classifieds, but you'll need at least 25 posts and 2 months membership first.  Join in and post, and the posts and time will pass in no time (once we are all out of timeout, that is).

The Captchas go away after a while.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ