Author Topic: Finally Made an Account!  (Read 890 times)

Offline MagicSauce

Finally Made an Account!
« on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 08:44:05 »
Hello everyone,

Finally got around to making an account here after a while of lurking.
Got my first board, a CM QF Ultimate with browns, shortly after I built my first PC a couple years ago.  I quickly realized that I should have gotten one sooner as it would have made typing all those college assignments up much more enjoyable!
Got my first job and treated myself to a Das 4 with browns and some nice side-printed vortex pbt.  For the **** Das gets nowadays, I still love this board.
Unfortunately, soon after that, I bought an HHKB2 for home and will probably have to replace my Das with a RF because I just immediately feel in love with the feel of Topre.

I know a lot of the mech community is also into trackballs and I am too with my Kensington Expert that I use daily.

Looking forward to no longer being anonymous!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Finally Made an Account!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 10:02:42 »
Welcome! You have made great progress already :) I like the HHKB, a little sad I sold mine off. One day I will have to be reunited. That said I do dearly love my 55g Realforce, even got silencing rings and a Digilog case for it.

For a trackball, I highly recommend treating yourself to the Microsoft Trackball Explorer. heroinbob actually has a few for sale in his classifeds at a fantastic price!

I have said Das is a bit overrated but the Professional 4 isn't too bad of a board, just very expensive when you realize you can have the greatness of cup rubber for just a little more money!

Offline MagicSauce

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 10:30:46 »
Oh wow when I get my RF I will have to keep an eye out for that case as well!
Hmm I guess I do need another trackball for home...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:52:09 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:08:32 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A lot of people start collecting MX keyboards, then get the feel for Topre and make the switch ;)

I prefer a little variety, and switch my keyboards around fairly regularly.

There was a pun there, by the way :)

Digilog cases are getting harder to find nowadays, unfortunately, otherwise I'd get one for my RealForce.  If I had a RealForce, that is.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ