Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Hi there!
« on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 17:55:37 »
Hi, I'm a short-time lurker here that caught the mech. bug about half a year ago.  I started with my trusty AT101W almost 4 years ago, but at the time I just liked the board as it reminded me of the board I used to use at home, which I later found out was a Model F.  I moved to a K70 w/ Browns about a year ago but quickly moved to a Shine 4 w/ Blues, which sated my hunger for the time being.  I then added a v2 with Greens at the office that quickly received a set of PBT keycaps, which replaced my AT101W I had been using, and now I am looking at snatching up a third board.  Sadly, I missed the most recent WKL GB as I was looking to get my first custom board but there is always next time!

I just joined my first keyset GB (SKIDATA+ plz) and also just acquired my first and second artisans in the last month while my spare keysets are starting to pile up now.  I salvaged an old Royal Adler typewriter recently that I was lucky enough to snag on Craigslist, but I had to trade the caps for my first artisan :(

I hope to see more of everyone here in the future!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:47:10 »
SUP BRO
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:36:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do you get any complaints about clicky switches at work?  I did, and had to stop using my SSK there :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 10:22:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do you get any complaints about clicky switches at work?  I did, and had to stop using my SSK there :(

Actually no!  I bought o-rings expecting to put them on, but my co-workers were used to the sound of the AT101W and I haven't had any complaints at all.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 10:25:58 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:56:03 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Actually no!  I bought o-rings expecting to put them on, but my co-workers were used to the sound of the AT101W and I haven't had any complaints at all.

I was using an SSK until someone complained, quite bitterly.  Now I use a CODE with clears.

I also bought some I-rings just in case, but so far no further complaints have been issued.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 09:45:24 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I was using an SSK until someone complained, quite bitterly.  Now I use a CODE with clears.

I also bought some I-rings just in case, but so far no further complaints have been issued.

That's too bad, I rather enjoy the sound of buckling springs myself.  We actually had an SSK at another office we acquired a couple years ago in the processing room, but when I actually realized what it was a year or so later and went to look for it it was gone, probably thrown away.  RIP little guy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 13:03:43 »
SUP BRO

Sup bro

Sup

Sorry about the Raiders :(

It's not like they even had a chance this year anyways. Raiders fans should be use to failure by now :p

Welcome to geekhack Waateva! :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:25:12 »
SUP BRO

Sup bro

Sup

It's not like they even had a chance this year anyways. Raiders fans should be use to failure by now :p

As a Lions fan, I wouldn't know what to do if they were anything but failures.  I was so excited for the season to start and now we're sitting at a comfortable and familiar 1-7, which feels nice.

Thanks for the welcome though mate!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:53:19 »
SUP BRO

Sup bro

Sup

As a Lions fan, I wouldn't know what to do if they were anything but failures.  I was so excited for the season to start and now we're sitting at a comfortable and familiar 1-7, which feels nice.

Thanks for the welcome though mate!

I'm sorry to hear that you're a Lions fan, you guys aren't just use to the failure you were born in it(batman quote  :p). One of these days you get to the Superbowl.

You'll enjoy geekhack, it's like quicksand, once you step in there's no leaving. :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 16:10:27 »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:22:54 »
SUP BRO

Sup bro

Sup

The hell makes you think I'm a dirty raiders fan. Niners for life.

Oh, in that case, sorry about the Niners.  On the bright side though, Harbaugh is doing pretty good at UofM though!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:26:29 »
SUP BRO

Sup bro

Sup

Oh, in that case, sorry about the Niners.  On the bright side though, Harbaugh is doing pretty good at UofM though!

im happy for him! such a damn shame they let him go. our front office is full of idiots.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:59:03 »
SUP BRO

Sup bro

Sup

im happy for him! such a damn shame they let him go. our front office is full of idiots.

I know the feeling, but you get used to it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:23:14 »
You already got artisan's, wow, welcome.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:39:10 »

I have a couple HKP artisans and just entered the newest buy for the Teal Gasmask to hopefully match my Miami-themed board.  Thanks for the welcome though, everyone here has been very helpful and welcoming, which isn't always the case for new members on forums.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:42:37 »

I have a couple HKP artisans and just entered the newest buy for the Teal Gasmask to hopefully match my Miami-themed board.  Thanks for the welcome though, everyone here has been very helpful and welcoming, which isn't always the case for new members on forums.

Geekhack is a great community, we have our ups and downs just like anybody else but the creativity, helpfulness, etc. is like no other. I'm glad you like it, I've only been apart of the forums for a little over 6 months now and I've enjoyed every bit of it. :thumb:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:49:42 »

Geekhack is a great community, we have our ups and downs just like anybody else but the creativity, helpfulness, etc. is like no other. I'm glad you like it, I've only been apart of the forums for a little over 6 months now and I've enjoyed every bit of it. :thumb:

Yeah, I've lurked here for a couple months and really enjoyed the overall helpful attitude on the site.  Sure there are ups and downs along with drama, but what the internet be without all of that?!