Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
Hello!
« on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 08:13:31 »
Hello everyone, I've been a keyboard enthusiast for only three or four weeks now. It just came across me to join this site!

As of now, I only have one mechanical keyboard. It's a WASD V2 keyboard (so custom keycaps, it's my profile pic) with Cherry MX Brown switches. I'm pretty happy with my choice of browns, there's a micro center near me and they have a full-out testing keyboard - each key is labeled with the switch type so you really have a good comparison. I did some googling around and I just found an image of it:

The picture isn't of the best quality, but the middle keys are MX red switches, the main function keys are obviously MX black switches, the arrow keys, function, delete, etc. are MX brown switches, and the numpad has MX blue switches. It led me to my decision of brown switches.

I'm not planning on any other keyboards at the moment since my WASD is pretty new, and I love the keycaps. Blank alphanumerical keys with symbols for function keys. The OS key has the Ubuntu symbol even though I'm on Windows 10, I just thought it looked cool. :/

Anyway, I love to look at the keyboards that you guys own, from split to 60% to model Ms! They're all beautiful and amazing.

See you around on the forums!
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 08:18:22 by Shawn5pencer »

WASD V2 w/ Cherry MX Browns

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 15:50:20 »
No replies?

:|

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 15:53:53 »
Chill cuh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:04:10 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:41:14 »
SUP BRUH

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:14:35 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:42:33 »
HEY GUYS WANNA HANG OUT

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline julayyy

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 18:01:11 »
Congrats on your new keyboard and welcome to geekhack!
or should I say, "wallethack"

hopefully you don't fall down the rabbit hole of wanting to buy all they keycaps and artisans and multiple keyboards.   :p
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 18:02:07 »

Offline jaffers

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 20:03:12 »

hopefully you don't fall down the rabbit hole of wanting to buy all they keycaps and artisans and multiple keyboards.   :p
Hopefully not, although artisans do seem pretty sweet...

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 21:03:53 »

hopefully you don't fall down the rabbit hole of wanting to buy all they keycaps and artisans and multiple keyboards.   
Hopefully not, although artisans do seem pretty sweet...
Artisans are not worth it. 90% of forum drama centers around novelty keys. Save your money and buy more keyboards.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline jaffers

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 00:05:44 »
You gotta read between the lines man, this guy is just trying to eliminate new competition for ClickClacks's/BroCap's/Bingecaps  :p

Artisans are not worth it. 90% of forum drama centers around novelty keys. Save your money and buy more keyboards.

I joke, but in all honesty there is a lot of saltiness that can be involved, you wanna try artisans? Check out Hot Keys Project, they are super accessible for anyone and look dope as

https://www.facebook.com/hotkeysproject

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 04:09:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice WASD :)  Why the different colour Enter?

If you like the Ubuntu OS keys, you've probably been bitten bu the keyboard bug.  They are different than 99% of other keyboards out there, and soon you will be looking for more things to make your keyboard even more different.

Keyboard customisation is a very slippery slope ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:14:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you like the Ubuntu OS keys, you've probably been bitten bu the keyboard bug.  They are different than 99% of other keyboards out there, and soon you will be looking for more things to make your keyboard even more different.

I made the enter key bright green because I think it goes well with the red Escape, Backspace, and Delete keys.

In terms of keyboard customization, hopefully I can keep my wallet by the end the month  :-X

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:52:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I made the enter key bright green because I think it goes well with the red Escape, Backspace, and Delete keys.

In terms of keyboard customization, hopefully I can keep my wallet by the end the month  :-X

Fair enough :)

Just wondering why light green there and dark green elsewhere.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shawn5pencer

• MX Browns 4 lyfe
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 06:02:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I guess I just wanted to make the enter key stand out, and I thought the dark green went well with the grey of the normal keys and the red of the backspace, delete, and escape keys.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 04:00:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I guess I just wanted to make the enter key stand out, and I thought the dark green went well with the grey of the normal keys and the red of the backspace, delete, and escape keys.

The dark green does look nice :)