Author Topic: Hello ~ Greetings from Portugal.  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Vox_PT

Hello ~ Greetings from Portugal.
« on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 10:55:28 »
Hello everyone!
I'm a student living in Portugal and I've been lurking this forum for a long time now (at least a couple months :p). I've decided it was time to introduce myself.

I got my 1st mechanical keyboard in the past October or so (2014), a Quickfire Rapid-i and ever since I've became addicted to them! Sadly I had to send the keyboard back to the store where I got it from because the leds were starting to die (only later I found that this specific CM model had a problem in the 1st few batches...  :( ). So I sent it back to the store (it had 13 dead leds) and the guys at the store were nice enough to grant me a credit note (of the exact same price the Rapid-i was selling for) to purchase whatever I wanted. Since I've had no other issues with my Rapid-i besides the led nuisance, I've decided to get a non-backlit mech this time and I went with a Quickfire XT (the stores in my country don't have many choices when it comes to mech keyboards, and I wanted something with Cherry MX, so Razer was out of the equation for me).

I have two mechs, a Quickfire XT with Browns and a Turtle Beach Impact 500 with Blues (this one I got from Amazon at a great price).

And there it is... I hope this is only the start of a new journey for me. I'm already impressed with all the cool keyboards and switch types you can find!
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 13:05:17 by Vox_PT »

Offline Vox_PT

Re: Hello ~ Greetings from Portugal.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 13:06:06 »
Not a single reply...  :-[ :( :-X
Nobody likes me here... I am sad.

The peeps at Reddit told me you guys were cool... y u no reply...

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 16:05:43 »
Don't be sad,we're just fickle.

Pictures, everybody loves pictures...

Welcome to geekhack!
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 16:09:50 »
The pics are here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77065.msg1936540#msg1936540

Also, thanks for noticing me senpai.  :D
It's nice to be here. I've seen so many nice pictures already!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 03:57:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sorry for the delay, we're extra busy at work at the moment so I can't catch up then and don't have much time at home, especially when I help my daughter with her homework :p

We have a few keyboards available in Australia, but nothing like what you can get in the US!  Actually at least half of my keyboards have come from the US.  Shipping cost is not funny though :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline n__dles

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 18:36:24 »
I like Portugal, and big cats and lurking too.  :eek:

Do you like small cats? What about soldering irons?  :-\

I'm typing on a HHKB Lite, I don't like it.

Are there Iberian Lynx in Portugal? I like those too.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 18:57:40 »
Welcome to GH.

Prepare to get addicted. :)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 09:35:17 »
Hey there! I've seen you posting lately. Proceed with caution in this hobby...as things can quickly get out of hand :P A month ago I was just looking for a new keyboard with blues. Somewhere along the way I got stuck with three keyboards, two more on the way, four different kinds of switches, and even more keycap sets (don't even get me started on artisans!)

Welcome to Geekhack :3

Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 04:07:11 »
Hey there! I've seen you posting lately. Proceed with caution in this hobby...as things can quickly get out of hand :P A month ago I was just looking for a new keyboard with blues. Somewhere along the way I got stuck with three keyboards, two more on the way, four different kinds of switches, and even more keycap sets (don't even get me started on artisans!)

Relevant thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 10:20:19 »
I like Portugal, and big cats and lurking too.  :eek:

Do you like small cats? What about soldering irons?  :-\

I'm typing on a HHKB Lite, I don't like it.

Are there Iberian Lynx in Portugal? I like those too.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Sorry for the delay, we're extra busy at work at the moment so I can't catch up then and don't have much time at home, especially when I help my daughter with her homework :p

We have a few keyboards available in Australia, but nothing like what you can get in the US!  Actually at least half of my keyboards have come from the US.  Shipping cost is not funny though :(

Welcome to GH.

Prepare to get addicted. :)

Thanks guys! I'm already a fan of this forum.
Everybody seems nice so far.

Relevant thread.

Hehe, I think I still have some self-control left. So (for now...) I am not too worried about this.

Having said that though, I already got two more keyboards on the way.  ;D
A Magicforce 68-Mini from Massdrop (Cherry MX Blacks) and a backlit Pok3r (Cherry MX Clears). The Pok3r should be here next friday, I almost can't wait.  :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 November 2015, 10:21:50 by Vox_PT »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 03:49:59 »
Relevant thread.

Hehe, I think I still have some self-control left. So (for now...) I am not too worried about this.

Having said that though, I already got two more keyboards on the way.  ;D
A Magicforce 68-Mini from Massdrop (Cherry MX Blacks) and a backlit Pok3r (Cherry MX Clears). The Pok3r should be here next friday, I almost can't wait.  :p

That's the spirit!

Eventually you'll find a core selection of 5 or maybe 6 keyboards that you just have to keep, and a few keycap sets that you really like, and then you'll settle down and just enjoy the typing experience.  Eventually.  In a few years, if you're lucky ;) :))

Offline shoking

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 12:07:01 »
Hello from Portugal :D

Offline n__dles

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 02:31:18 »
Another Portugeezer! :thumb: Welcome shoking  :D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 06:29:19 »
Bem vindo. there are many new members from portugal. they are all very nice. há muitos novos membros a partir de Portugal . todos eles são muito agradável.

Offline n__dles

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 07:09:38 »
a partir de Portugal .
I believe that Google Translate has failed you. But the jury's out, any native lusophone care to confirm?