Author Topic: G'day from Australia!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Deus Lucem

G'day from Australia!
« on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 00:09:46 »
G'day everyone!

I've always loved keyboards (I think I buy 2 a year) but they've usually been some membrane keyboard from Logitech/Razer/Microsoft/etc.

When I bought a new gaming pc recently, I was talked into buying a mechanical keyboard - I had no idea what I had been missing out on. Now before everyone rejoices in a new convert, I must shamefully admit that I chose a Razer Blackwidow over the Das (well it did have backlighting). Then after some research, I realised that I had made an error in judgement in getting Razer's Cherry MX copies. After many keystrokes, some of the switches started behaving erratically and some would get stuck (I must have hit them more than 70 million times  ;D).

So anyway, I did my research and I got myself a Das Keyboard 4 Professional for work and for home I got a Steel Series APEX M800 and a Corsair K70 RGB  :p

And now I'm in the process of customizing my keyboards (really looking forward to that group buy for the HolyOOPS Aluminum RGB Keyset by feng).

Offline fanpeople

Re: G'day from Australia!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 00:38:34 »
Welcome fellow Australia. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: G'day from Australia!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 04:06:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Some people have used a Razer keyboard for a long time with no issues.  But I must admit that more people seem to have quality control problems with the Razer than most other keyboards.

I also nearly got a Razer, in fact that was the first modern mechanical keyboard I tried, until GH helped me to see the light and get a Ducky instead.

That aluminium RGB set looks nice, I wish i had more disposable income to get a set.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ