Author Topic: Greetings from Orange County, CA.  (Read 1196 times)

Offline hifimanz

Greetings from Orange County, CA.
« on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:52:48 »
I've been addicted to keyboards for several years now and just found mechanical keyboards via reddit and geekhack a few months ago.  Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know the community.

I've owned a red corsair k70, switched to a brown k70, then bought a Deck Hassium Pro, then bought a CM Novatouch, and hopefully my last keyboard - KuL ES-87 Brown switch.

I've recently become obsessed with keycaps (wife is about to castrate me btw).  My first set was the Vortex PBT set, then I went to the Geek keys thick black blank set, then to the duckey dye sub. thick pbt set (blue, dark grey with lettering).  I plan to buy the carbon black keyset on thursday via originative or I just might end up buying the charred orange and call it quits (wife would kill me) but hey I love living on the edge =D

Anywho I'll stop rambling.  I do have some stuff up for sale which you can find @ u/mechmarket - the original vortex doubleshot pbt set and some doubleshot laser engraved custom caps if anyone is interested.  I have the same user name on both geekhack and reddit in case you want to find the post I'm talking about.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 18:08:24 by hifimanz »

Offline Glenmael

Re: Greetings from Orange County, CA.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 22:02:42 »
I've been addicted to keyboards for several years now and just found mechanical keyboards via reddit and geekhack a few months ago.  Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know the community.

I've owned a red corsair k70, switched to a brown k70, then bought a Deck Hassium Pro, then bought a CM Novatouch, and hopefully my last keyboard - KuL ES-87 Brown switch.

I've recently become obsessed with keycaps (wife is about to castrate me btw).  My first set was the Vortex PBT set, then I went to the Geek keys thick black blank set, then to the duckey dye sub. thick pbt set (blue, dark grey with lettering).  I plan to buy the carbon black keyset on thursday via originative or I just might end up buying the charred orange and call it quits (wife would kill me) but hey I love living on the edge =D

Anywho I'll stop rambling.  I do have some stuff up for sale which you can find @ u/mechmarket - the original vortex doubleshot pbt set and some doubleshot laser engraved custom caps if anyone is interested.  I have the same user name on both geekhack and reddit in case you want to find the post I'm talking about.

Cheers.

Welcome mate!

Life is about compromises, however, don't compromise on keycaps...but do make sure you keep the wife happy with shoes/dresses/dinners/etc. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 04:03:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice keyboard collection :)  And you reckon you'll stop with the KUL?  Wait until you get the urge to try buckling springs!  Or an HHKB!!

Trick with the wife is to find something smallish that she likes, and when you order a set of keycaps, get her something too ;)  Mind you, it can get expensive ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 04:24:00 »
Welcome to the site.  I was just next door in Cerritos the other day for work. 

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 06:34:24 »
Welcome to the site.  I was just next door in Cerritos the other day for work.

I read that as 'I was next door in choritzos the other day for work.' ... I need to get some sleep *bye*

Ps. Welcome, again :)