Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1363361 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - buy period over
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 02:01:14 »
Just stopped to check on a ship date for my keycaps and found that we will get GH spacebars, that makes my happy.

ill have the revised firm ship date soon

i also have some pictures of revised and fixed legends to post
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 16:03:28 »
Will there be any extra pink & white sets left later?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #402 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 02:47:58 »

I missed out on your hhkb drive, so I'd be happy to donate a pink set and a set of topre mx sliders to the cause of you fancy it

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #403 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 11:29:00 »

I missed out on your hhkb drive, so I'd be happy to donate a pink set and a set of topre mx sliders to the cause of you fancy it
That would be amazing.

But I feel bad about taking anything more for free like this. I could at least paypal you $50 that I have with me, my wallet was thrown into my box of stuff somehow and I lost about $350, otherwise I would have just bought a set today.  :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #404 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 11:30:44 »

That would be amazing.

But I feel bad about taking anything more for free like this. I could at least paypal you $50 that I have with me, my wallet was thrown into my box of stuff somehow and I lost about $350, otherwise I would have just bought a set today.  :(

Nope put it towards replacing something else good sir

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 12:30:12 »

That would be amazing.

Nope put it towards replacing something else good sir

GG Bunny  :thumb:
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline cmd

« Reply #406 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 13:50:48 »
When will the sliders be available to people outside of the GB? :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 15:19:14 »
When will the sliders be available to people outside of the GB? :)
They have said in the past they will be available in the store once the orders are shipped, and will be a constant item if I recall correctly
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:05:05 »
Does anyone know?

Are the keycaps still being manufactured?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 15:43:42 »
Does anyone know?

Are the keycaps still being manufactured?

Yes, we were told ship date would be 2-3 weeks a couple of weeks ago, waiting on hearing from them now.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 20:28:44 »
When's the expected ship date to us?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 10:09:08 »
When's the expected ship date to us?

If you look at the post above yours.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline frostylove

« Reply #412 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:00:48 »
Maybe I won't get them until June.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline takonic

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:23:44 »

Having a similar feeling. Was hoping to get them shortly before or after my birthday in may.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #414 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 13:52:48 »

I was told April but I'll update as soon as I know

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 03:20:52 »

Wasn't the original estimate sometime in February?

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:42:57 »

Wasn't the original estimate sometime in February?

that is correct.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline zRobbie

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:38:39 »
Any updates? Really hoping to get these soon...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 03:08:00 »
Any updates? Really hoping to get these soon...

Welcome to Geekhack!

Patience will serve you well with group buys.

BunnyLake will see you right eventually - but if you really can't wait and want your money back (which would be a shame) feel free to contact BunnyLake directly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Norman_the_Owl

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 18:54:03 »
inb4 ivan v2

Offline hifimanz

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 20:24:43 »
Feel so sorry for all you who have been waiting over 5 months with no solid ETA in sight :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 April 2016, 20:29:51 by hifimanz »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #421 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 20:40:52 »
Feel so sorry for all you who have been waiting over 5 months with no solid ETA in sight :(

Meh, not too worried honestly.  When it gets here it gets here.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 20:42:26 »
inb4 ivan v2

Nah. Not worried about bunnylake

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 21:55:28 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 02:52:55 »
hey folks

the solid eta is very soon, im just waiting for a ship date

we made some sweeping changes before production started including fixing a huge amount of legends and also made drastic improvements to the bottom of all caps

production is in full swing and as soon as it is finished they just need to be factory sorted, as soon as the final keys are run off ill post full pics for everyone and at that time have a ship date

ive got test run pics of some of the changes on my desktop ill post shortly

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 03:02:42 »

Don't need your pity

The wait is worth it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:37:15 »
hey folks

the solid eta is very soon, im just waiting for a ship date

we made some sweeping changes before production started including fixing a huge amount of legends and also made drastic improvements to the bottom of all caps

production is in full swing and as soon as it is finished they just need to be factory sorted, as soon as the final keys are run off ill post full pics for everyone and at that time have a ship date

ive got test run pics of some of the changes on my desktop ill post shortly

Thank you for the update Mr BunnyLake.

I'd hate to think how many sets they are making and have to sort!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:38:05 »

Likewise, I just hope it ships out to all of us soon, patience is not a virtue I possess so when I decide to dive into a group buy I seem to torture myself ;)

Looking forward to your next threadcrap.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline bubbedi

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:32:48 »

Don't need your pity

The wait is worth it

Well put. My experience with the ctrl.alt team has been extremely pleasant. I am happy with the wait - as bunny now have updated, they are using this "waiting-period" to improve the product with our satisfaction in mind.   

Keep up the amazing work guys.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 12:09:19 »
Hype for this set. I'm excited to try JTK.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline hifimanz

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:12:02 »

Likewise, I just hope it ships out to all of us soon, patience is not a virtue I possess so when I decide to dive into a group buy I seem to torture myself ;)

Looking forward to your next threadcrap.

https://media.giphy.com/media/14aUO0Mf7dWDXW/giphy.gif

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:48:24 »
Will these caps bottom out on switches that are backwards (with the spots for LEDs pointing away)? On Storm trooper (my set at least) it won't bottom out unless the orientation of the switch is a certain way, and I'm wondering if that's something that's fixed with this new batch

Offline Saiph

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 00:26:36 »
Will these caps bottom out on switches that are backwards (with the spots for LEDs pointing away)? On Storm trooper (my set at least) it won't bottom out unless the orientation of the switch is a certain way, and I'm wondering if that's something that's fixed with this new batch

I believe they mentioned that they're fixing that and that its part of the reason it's taking longer

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #433 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 00:31:45 »

I guess it must just be on certain sets, because my stormtrooper set fits perfectly on my backwards/led switches. Hopefully its fixed! :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #434 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 20:18:39 »
My experience with the ctrl.alt team has been extremely pleasant. I am happy with the wait - as bunny now have updated, they are using this "waiting-period" to improve the product with our satisfaction in mind.   

The ONLY time I had to wait for more than a year people was an early key-set design which CTRL-ALT had decided to finish off from a former Geekhacker who disappeared.  Hence these guys stepped in to make it happen when it comes to completing an order you've paid for to another Person, CTRL-ALT is the one that sees you right and fixes any mistakes.

Remembered supporting a couple of other different members here on this website and have regretted for ever doing it,  because it destroys your confidence in people.  But BunnyLake and his crew actually stood up on their Group Buys, THEY NEVER run away for several months hoping no one would confront them about swiping away everyone's money and then show no progression of the GB.

Bunny is STILL the ONLY One I trust here on this Forum because his WORD actually means something.  Despite him looking after his family and has lots of other commitments he still makes sure everyone here is informed about what is happening.  I know that if any College or Uni is running a Group Buy course, they'll link to this website and show how CTRL-ALT is running things perfectly. as a Group Buy should.

Maybe I've just given Bunny the Jinx for supporting him here but when you do Great Work, you need to shout about it as many times as you can.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #435 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 20:23:58 »
I am in the JTK QQ chat group, and it sounds like people in china are excited about the legend changes as well
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #436 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 09:45:14 »
My experience with the ctrl.alt team has been extremely pleasant. I am happy with the wait - as bunny now have updated, they are using this "waiting-period" to improve the product with our satisfaction in mind.   

The ONLY time I had to wait for more than a year people was an early key-set design which CTRL-ALT had decided to finish off from a former Geekhacker who disappeared.  Hence these guys stepped in to make it happen when it comes to completing an order you've paid for to another Person, CTRL-ALT is the one that sees you right and fixes any mistakes.

Remembered supporting a couple of other different members here on this website and have regretted for ever doing it,  because it destroys your confidence in people.  But BunnyLake and his crew actually stood up on their Group Buys, THEY NEVER run away for several months hoping no one would confront them about swiping away everyone's money and then show no progression of the GB.

Bunny is STILL the ONLY One I trust here on this Forum because his WORD actually means something.  Despite him looking after his family and has lots of other commitments he still makes sure everyone here is informed about what is happening.  I know that if any College or Uni is running a Group Buy course, they'll link to this website and show how CTRL-ALT is running things perfectly. as a Group Buy should.

Maybe I've just given Bunny the Jinx for supporting him here but when you do Great Work, you need to shout about it as many times as you can.

Good stuff. I don't mind the wait or extension considering that Bunny and team are proactively correcting mistakes before the product gets to us. I'd much rather wait an extra few months than have faulty legends or keys.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #437 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 13:31:36 »

Bunny always has communicated what is going on, and has a history of completing orders. I'm not worried.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #438 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 06:57:37 »

that is 100% fixed

the bottom of the profile of every single cap was adjusted slightly to accommodate both rotated switches and larger LEDS

this will have no affect on the profile of the keys themselves, just the underside of the cap

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #439 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 10:38:55 »

that is 100% fixed

the bottom of the profile of every single cap was adjusted slightly to accommodate both rotated switches and larger LEDS

this will have no affect on the profile of the keys themselves, just the underside of the cap

If this is true for switches with larger LED's I may be picking up a couple more sets in the future. I love Cherry profile, but so many of my boards are backlit I can't use them on the ones I want to. Thanks for the info!
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #440 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 11:23:09 »

that is 100% fixed

That's awesome! I'm glad you took the time to have that fixed, definitely worth the wait.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #441 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:48:41 »
That's awesome! I'm glad you took the time to have that fixed, definitely worth the wait.

When you buy into any CTRL/ALT Group Buy, you get PERFECTION at every level  :thumb: .

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #442 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 15:54:18 »
Kinda can't wait for my GirlyCaps.

My husband will never steal my keyboards now HA! (thus far he has stolen the Model M, Leopold 660c, and Matias QC v60 and that is just what I know about.... he has been eying my Infinity with Calm Depths to replace "his" Model M at home).

Wondering if anyone else has spousal leeching? I think it is interesting as it means that they don't argue too much when you buy a bunch of keycap sets.

Offline Khuya

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 17:07:33 »
If you are talking about the pink set :), I am waiting for my MD ergodox drop to come in, hook it up with pink led, and this set.  Can't wait.  (100% straight dude)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #444 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 17:22:23 »

Kinda can't wait for my GirlyCaps.

My husband will never steal my keyboards now HA! (thus far he has stolen the Model M, Leopold 660c, and Matias QC v60 and that is just what I know about.... he has been eying my Infinity with Calm Depths to replace "his" Model M at home).

Wondering if anyone else has spousal leeching? I think it is interesting as it means that they don't argue too much when you buy a bunch of keycap sets.

My girlfriend has a mild obsession with my 107-key Model F. Which is totally fine with me now that I have my beamspring :}
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 05:40:01 »

She has her Dell keyboard, which is the ONLY one she loves to use.  The mechanicals are too noisy for her plus she tried it a couple of times but can't beat her own 120wpm on the old Dell.

Key-cap sets only interest me but it's the ankle-biters whom seem attracted to them when they arrive at my house.  Some of them become extremely sticky fingered, when a decent colour-way comes in.

Offline Khuya

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 10:42:42 »
Any update Bunny? Can't really wait, my ergodox will be here by Friday...arggghhh :p

Offline zenless

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 12:18:55 »
I'm kicking myself, anyone happen to have a spare BOO (black on orange) mod kit they know they won't need/want?

Offline Soraie

« Reply #448 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 14:06:37 »
I'm kicking myself, anyone happen to have a spare BOO (black on orange) mod kit they know they won't need/want?

I'm pretty sure Bunny will have extra sets for sale later after the Group Buy.

Offline zenless

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 14:08:24 »

I'm pretty sure Bunny will have extra sets for sale later after the Group Buy.

I thought that may have been implied somewhere but couldn't find the post. I picked up the base set and dont know why I didn't add the mod pack on. Thanks for the vote of confidence that there may be extras!