Author Topic: Someone selling a ton of clacks  (Read 8774 times)

Offline pesky brat

Re: Someone selling a ton of clacks
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 00:00:33 »
lol have you seen how ****ty 3D printed caps looks? No offense to anyone but yeah.

Clacks (and Bros, KWKs, etc.) are work of art. Please don't put them in the same category as 3D printed caps.

I dont mean so much as the finish, but the styling. Clack skulls are really simple. Like I really dig BroCaps Reaper V1 and stump, but the BBV2 just looks "plain". I guess you could say I like the more "artistic" caps. With that said I do own a BBV2 but like my Reaper much more

I think the simplicity is what makes them so appealing. They add a bit of personality to a board without being super obtrusive or in your face.

Of course that's just my opinion :p

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 00:13:56 »
For me, I really like the colour of the clacks. They are bright and vibrant, looks slightly different at different angle. and they stand the test of time.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 00:23:53 »
lol have you seen how ****ty 3D printed caps looks? No offense to anyone but yeah.

Clacks (and Bros, KWKs, etc.) are work of art. Please don't put them in the same category as 3D printed caps.

I dont mean so much as the finish, but the styling. Clack skulls are really simple. Like I really dig BroCaps Reaper V1 and stump, but the BBV2 just looks "plain". I guess you could say I like the more "artistic" caps. With that said I do own a BBV2 but like my Reaper much more

I actually prefer caps which don't deviate from the general shape of a keycap profile. cc skulls are just a regular keycap shape but with a skull design on the face, nothing on the sides. I think that makes it look great on a board amongst other caps.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 00:38:34 »
Agreed.  I was actually fairly unimpressed with the Clack skull design (had no interest in buying one, even at the $50 prices they were going for at that time) until I got one on loan and put it on my board.  The design is just so clean, and the feeling of pressing on a Clack is perfection.  There's something about the design that just works so well, it's kind of weird actually.  :))
yeap, also not a fan of the skull design, but i do still appreciate all of the subtle qualities of the keycap. on the surface, you only see the simple (and flawed) skull, but the color depth/consistency, cap profile/thickness, and the way the design seamlessly blends into the face of the cap are nice touches that the majority of the other artisans lack in their execution (whether by design choice, or by lack of skill/capability). clack's multi-shotting method (especially with the eyes) is also more consistent than any other maker's sculpted, multi-shot cap that i've owned, which makes owning one feel more special.

I actually prefer caps which don't deviate from the general shape of a keycap profile. cc skulls are just a regular keycap shape but with a skull design on the face, nothing on the sides. I think that makes it look great on a board amongst other caps.
^this too. not a lot of places you can "hide" an artisan on a 60% (or less), so low-profile designs where you aren't having to subconsciously brace yourself to press some protruding sculpt are ++. clacks are the best design i've owned in that regard.

of course, their aftermarket prices are ****, and it's difficult for new enthusiasts (aka <1 year in the game) to get a non-bland color due to stagnant supply (which is why k3 is picking up steam again with clones of rarer colorways), so all of those nuances wind up never being realized by most.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 14:20:19 »

Less is more I guess.

When I started back then, I'm in the same boat as you. Reaper is one of my favorite design and I see Clacks as just "skulls with different colors". Then I had the chance to own 1, then 2, and suddenly I'm just getting more and more. There's something about that design and that different choice of nice colors that brings out the true work of art in those caps. It's so damn pleasing to look at when you're resting from all those clacking.

Agreed.  I was actually fairly unimpressed with the Clack skull design (had no interest in buying one, even at the $50 prices they were going for at that time) until I got one on loan and put it on my board.  The design is just so clean, and the feeling of pressing on a Clack is perfection.  There's something about the design that just works so well, it's kind of weird actually.  :))

I initially read that as you got a loan to buy a clack  :eek:
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 14:47:50 »

Less is more I guess.

When I started back then, I'm in the same boat as you. Reaper is one of my favorite design and I see Clacks as just "skulls with different colors". Then I had the chance to own 1, then 2, and suddenly I'm just getting more and more. There's something about that design and that different choice of nice colors that brings out the true work of art in those caps. It's so damn pleasing to look at when you're resting from all those clacking.

I initially read that as you got a loan to buy a clack  :eek:

LOL :))

Nope, wildcard was a huge bro and actually lent me one since I wanted to see what all the hype was about.  :)  Then I got one literally a week later for retail.  :))

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 20:18:12 »

I completely agree with you on caps sticking with the keycap profile.  Some of the oddly shaped artisans have intrigued me but first and foremost, the keyboard needs to be useful to me and a lot of artisans would render the key its on completely useless.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)