Author Topic: Logitech g710 blues and questions  (Read 1091 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Logitech g710 blues and questions
« on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 14:33:45 »
So I'm finally trying a new switch.  I'm still getting used to the actuation point so I don't bottom the keys all the time, but I've noticed something odd about one of the keys that may apply to the others as well as cherry blues in general.

On page down if I press on the page down key using a primarily sideways force, I can get the key to actuate without an audible click.  On page up and others in that vicinity, they still click.  Is this normal?

As I'm using the keyboard more and more, it's tough to find a single force point where the actuation seems consistent across all the keys.  Is this blues in general or just a cheap board like this?  It almost feels like the razer that was on display had more consistent switch feel it.

Thoughts?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Logitech g710 blues and questions
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 10:41:15 »
No thoughts?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 10:49:29 »
I also have a G710. I haven't noticed anything like that. I don't have a lot of experience with MX blues but I've heard a lot of folks say that the MX blues of the last few years are inconsistent, and sometimes don't even click at all. As I understand it, it seems to be a general quality deterioration issue.

I just ordered a WASD keyboard with blues (Happy Birthday to me :) ) & I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have no problems.
REΛLFORCE

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 20:44:32 »
Bummer. :(

Although I'm glad to hear you mention the quality issues and non-clicking issues as I seem to have both.  I was going to make an assessment that if this is cherry blues that are not for me, but it looks like I'm going to need to exchange the board for another one and see if that changes anything.

The board is very inconsistent on clicking in comparison to my M and I've even had issues with doubles (which I corrected in the word inconsistent on this post).

I really can't believe this is a $100 msrp keyboard.  On a whim, I searched b&h for it and noticed they didn't sell it.  I wonder if they don't because of quality issues.

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 13:29:39 »
Keep using the key and it will click properly or just randomly press it. Some blues/greens need to be worn in.
One of my MX Greens was like that on the Ducky shine fire 69 (the Q key).  Barely clicked at all and didn't click at all if you pressed it "sideways" on the right side, when brand new.  And being super compulsive OCD, I bought a second fire 69 because I couldn't handle a 'defective' keyboard.

Big, unnecessary waste of $169 that could have been saved by just being more patient and less scared of stuff.

One month later, that Q key clicks perfectly, the same as any other key.  Damn thing just needed to be broken in and worn in I guess so the parts can align properly.
Just use it and don't go OCD Over this sort of stuff.  It just isn't worth it.  It's a keyboard, not a girlfriend.  Press it often during downtime to wear it in faster.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 08:31:08 »
Thank you for the re-assurance.  I still haven't used it enough to really get a feel for it, but I'll keep up with it.  If I can pick up a TVS-E with blues, I'll have a board to compare it with.