Author Topic: I am MkLovin  (Read 1298 times)

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
I am MkLovin
« on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 19:09:21 »
Hello friends,
I am MkLovin some of you may know me from my super successful stream! I have approximately 0 followers so far and 0 broadcasts.  I know, its quite the resume.  I have been into keyboards for about 5 months and my wallet has been unusually thin for about 5 months.  Based on the fact that this is already a ****post, you can probably guess that I am from r/mechanicalkeyboards.  I have learned way too much about keyboards within the past 5 months and I have been lurking on GH for about 3 of those months but I haven't posted anything because I haven't had an account most of the time. 

Anyways, you guys have some quality stuff on here and I would love to be more active on geekhack.  I mean I think a solid 50 posts should do before I can consider myself active.  Right guys?? I'm actually kidding.  Although bro makes some sick caps, I don't really want to buy any right now due to the fact that I have a keyboard to build in the next month and then I am probably going to go in on the Kishsaver group buy because who needs money when you have keyboards?????

I figured I would tell you guys a little story here and it will most likely be about as bad as the rest of this post but I am already too deep to delete this.  This is going to be the story of how I became acquainted with mechanical keyboards and being a part of the master race.  So, I was taking a nice good old 7 hour study break on reddit/counter strike and I was just super bored so I went and clicked the random button on the top of the page and I just saw these sick nasty keyboards.  I was like "woah **** this is ****ing dope" because I am 18 and cursing is coooooooooooool.   Anyways, I quickly became interested in these miraculous keyboards.  They were so cool and I loved all of the customization you could do with them.  But the more I looked into it the harder it was to go buy some new keycaps or something like that.  So I kind of gave up and was like "eh my Razer keyboard is pretty sick nasty" but then I was super bored again but this time it was a month or two later and then I went back to /r/mechanicalkeyboards and I just started doing research.  I was like a god damned grad student doing all that research.  Researching for hours on end just looking at stuff and then I came across these tiny cute lil keyboards that are MLG as hell with the name Pok3r.  Anyways, I bought one off amazon with blues because I had 75 dollars worth of gift cards saved up over the years.  But then I was like yooooooo where can I get some of those sick DSA caps mang and I stumbled across the website that would rock my world and my body.  Pimpmykeyboard because I mean you can just order sets off there without waiting.  Anyways, I picked up DSA EVE and I loved it so much.  I loved that board.  BUT THEN I LEFT IT AT THE CAFETERIA FOR 10 MINUTES AND IT WAS NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.  I was devastated.  I was heartbroken.  Nothing else mattered anymore.  But then I was like "YO MOM CAN I GET MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT EARLY?????"  And that is when I decided that I wanted to pick up an HHKB Type-S.  You see, I am a college student.  I can't use blues in class or when my roommate is sleeping which is kind of a problem.  So I need the noise to be super quiet.  Which is why I wanted to get the most quiet board possible.  And also I mean its an HHKB.  It has topre, its attractive as **** and its a 60% layout which I need because I put it on top of my laptop keyboard.  So it was everything I needed in a keyboard.  I also jumped in on KeyKollectiv's buy for the oxblood modifiers because holy cow those caps are so attractive I love my set so much.  I didn't even have a HHKB at the time but I was planning on it so I bought them anyways.  I am so IRRESPONSIBLE WITH MONEY SEND HELP.  Anyways, I am currently writing this on my HHKB.  I am enjoying the hell out of this board and I love LOVE mechanical keyboards.  I bought up nuclear data because that is the set that got me into keyboards.  I went to the top posts for r/mk and I saw Techmattr's post with the nuclear data and that is the set that I have been lusting over for months.  I wanted that set so badly and I couldn't find it anywhere.  But I have it now.  It is in the drawer right next to me because I cant't ****ing use it.  Which is why I am building a custom 60 next month.  Anyways, this has been MkLovin's wild ride through keyboards.  You can find all of my ****posts on reddit /u/chucklingkumquat.  I am glad to be a geekhackian if that is what you call it.

Thank you for reading,
MkLovin
Mick Lovin is my favorite singer in the Rolling Stones

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: I am MkLovin
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 19:35:45 »
Welcome to Wallethack, er Geekhack!

You are now poor.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:25:46 »
I am so IRRESPONSIBLE WITH MONEY SEND HELP.

I think you'll fit in well here

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 03:25:53 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Wallethack help is here - an interesting read, although perhaps a little late for some :))

I have an Alps keycap set and no Alps keyboard, so that kind of thing is pretty normal too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 03:57:38 »
"BUT THEN I LEFT IT AT THE CAFETERIA FOR 10 MINUTES AND IT WAS NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN"

the quickest way to learn that particular lesson. and rip

also welcome to gh!