Author Topic: Ergodox Assembly - Possible to test just the teensy side?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline weazelb0y

Ergodox Assembly - Possible to test just the teensy side?
« on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:48:09 »
I solder all the part for the teensy side of the keyboard and I wanted to test it. I can program the teensy (with usb_keyboard_debug) and run hid_listen. When I touch 2 pins with a wire it will show what is being "pressed". I place a switch anywhere and press it and I don't see anything being printed.

Do I need both sides connected for this to work? I'm guess so. I just wanted to test and see if my soldering was good before continuing. This is my first time using solder paste and a griddle for the tiny diodes!

Thanks!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Ergodox Assembly - Possible to test just the teensy side?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:58:49 »
Are you just placing the switch in the holes?  If it isn't touching the sides of both holes with it's pins it won't register, but as your wire test works it sounds like you've got the diodes right and working :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline weazelb0y

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:23:27 »
Touching the teensy GND to a square pad next to the diode creates the circuit and prints the Port.

Anything else I try, like connecting (for a switch) the 2nd circle in the first row with the 1st circle in the 2nd row, I get nothing.
All the diodes are correct in that the line is facing the square pad.

Anything else I can try?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:31:43 »
I'm not following what you're doing, but you need to touch the two pins that a switch would connect to. If that doesn't work try the pad that's not connected to the diode to the far side of the diode for that switch - if that works you can change the direction in the firmware so no need to desolder them.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod