Author Topic: Davy's First Annual Christmas Giveaway - Winner chosen!  (Read 1403 times)

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
Davy's First Annual Christmas Giveaway - Winner chosen!
« on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 08:59:17 »
Winner has been chosen, congrats to whmeltonjr! Hopefully I'll have a cooler giveaway next Christmas :thumb:

I figured I'd start a fun tradition for myself and give some caps away every Christmas. I've only been collecting artisans for four months so my collection is fairly small now, but the best part of this time of year is being able to give to others.

So on that note, all you have to do to enter the raffle is write about your favorite memory of helping someone out/any kind of charitable event you've participated in the past.

[Giveaway includes...]
  • WASD Cherry Switch Tester
  • Topre Boysenberry Snackey
  • Cherry MX Blank by Zazie
  • Cherry MX Pumpkin Keycap

Shipping will be free to CONUS. If the winner is international, we'll figure shipping out privately. Happy Holidays GH!

Edit: Entries will be open until January 2nd December 31st when the winner will be chosen :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 December 2015, 19:10:43 by DAVYtm »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Davy's First Annual Christmas Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 09:07:27 »
When I was in elementary school I participated in many charitable events to get service hours. The most memorable though was the soup kitchen we once went to. Setting up the tables before everyone arrived, watching the food preparation, and seeing nearly 100 people line up to just come eat is something I'll never forget. It gave me another perspective on my fortune. I have never been truly hungry before or had to rely on the charity of others to eat. I am very thankful for that.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 09:23:09 »
Just yesterday my wife and I were at the mall, looking for new shoes when we found some car keys. I brought them over to the customer service counter and figured I would leave it at that. While my wife started looking at new hand bags, we noticed a girl looking around purses and in purses. I quickly asked if she was looking for key's, her eyes lit up with joy and she said yes.

Then while we were driving out of the parking lot, we noticed someone driving without their lights on (it had become dark already). I quickly motioned to turn them on, she did.

After that I felt like a super hero going around doing good deeds.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:37:28 »
Looks like I'll be flipping a coin between you two so far :p

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 00:49:54 »
I have no idea how people have not seen this. It's quite a fantastic giveaway.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 01:10:34 »
I've volunteered with the Special Olympics many times. I love watching all of the athletes (both young and old!) compete. They get so excited just finishing a race regardless of where they finish. It really gives you a lot of perspective for the things you take for granted on a regular basis. My favorite memory was being poolside as a timer for one a race. The winner happened to be in my lane and when he jumped out of the pool, I got a soaking wet hug.  :))

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 01:50:53 »
I've volunteered with the Special Olympics many times. I love watching all of the athletes (both young and old!) compete. They get so excited just finishing a race regardless of where they finish. It really gives you a lot of perspective for the things you take for granted on a regular basis. My favorite memory was being poolside as a timer for one a race. The winner happened to be in my lane and when he jumped out of the pool, I got a soaking wet hug.  :))

I bet you biggest smile on your face. sounds like a good time

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 02:25:21 »
I do quite a bit of driving to country towns around Victoria (Australia) and whilst driving out the other week I had see a big koala in the middle of the highway, not wanting the big fella to get hurt I pulled over, put my hazard lights on and made sure that cars slowed down and went around. The koala made it across the road and immediately hugged a tree for safety :)

This was probably illegal but I felt at peace knowing the koala bear was safe  :cool:

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 17:06:12 »
Hey guys, winner has been chosen. Congrats to whmeltonjr! Thanks for all who participated, OP is updated and thread is locked.