Author Topic: Greetings from Italy - Venice  (Read 1229 times)

Offline zeitg3ist

Greetings from Italy - Venice
« on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 09:42:09 »
Hi guys,

my mechanical keyboard interest has been renewed recently, partially because of you guys and you awesome custom creations and partially because i just had enough of cheap ****ty keyboard.
I'm 33, i've worked as a web front end deverloper for 8 years now and i live in Italy , Venice.

Recently i've bought 3 model m (one 102 and two 122 which i need to teensify asap)
121740-0
and a AEKII which still have to arrive (which will need some teensy love too). i cant help it , if it's beige i need to buy it. It's like i'm a kid again when everything was cream coloured.
anyway, i've spotted a good deal on a novatouch (it layout) for about 100€ new and i think i'm going to buy it just to have something good to type with while planning to mod the ibm kbs.

i have to thank you for this new wave of refreshed interest on doing something about my miserable peripherals situation

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 09:47:20 by zeitg3ist »

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
Re: Greetings from Italy - Venice
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 10:01:34 »
Welcome! I'll trade you all of my keyboards if I can trade locations with you  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 19:08:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There is something timeless about the IBM keyboards (typed one of my SSKs btw).  And they clean up really well for a 30 year old keyboard!

The Novatouch will be an interesting contrast for you in terms of feel, sound and size.  Have you tried Topre switches before?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zeitg3ist

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 11:35:04 »
The Novatouch will be an interesting contrast for you in terms of feel, sound and size.  Have you tried Topre switches before?

never, there are no shops around here with that keyboard. I guess i'll have to try it and if i dont like it resell it :)

yeah, there is a huge sentimental and actual value to them. i'm currently trying to hunt down a model f and an ssk, boy do they cost a little fortune!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 22:27:06 »

never, there are no shops around here with that keyboard. I guess i'll have to try it and if i dont like it resell it :)

yeah, there is a huge sentimental and actual value to them. i'm currently trying to hunt down a model f and an ssk, boy do they cost a little fortune!

I have very few shops with demo keyboards too.  Through trial and error I have amassed a few different switches and layouts, and found the few that I prefer.

SSKs are around, if you are in the right place at the right time.  I was looking for one for ages, and then ended up with two within a couple of weeks of each other!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ