Author Topic: Talk me into more DSA sets, now it is DSA madness!  (Read 8565 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Talk me into more DSA sets, a 2016 updated thread.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:04:38 »
At this site there is an actual count of sets bought out of the R4 Granite. It is under eight hundred now:

http://www.massdrop.community/mechkeys/granite/index.html

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:11:42 »
At this site there is an actual count of sets bought out of the R4 Granite. It is under eight hundred now:

Very interesting thanks for sharing. Granite definitely is the most common custom key set out there after all these rounds. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:25:24 »

Who picked the image for the page background :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:31:13 »

Who picked the image for the page background :))

I didn't notice it until you pointed it out - pretty funny

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Talk me into more DSA sets, now it is DSA madness!
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 07:47:27 »
It is all the madness now, how is a key cap design intended for POS and industrial key pads so successful for general typing keyboards? Is it the combination of PBT and dye sublimated? or maybe the relatively low entry price, now you can get a full TKL set for $60 bucks.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 08:01:14 »
It is all the madness now, how is a key cap design intended for POS and industrial key pads so successful for general typing keyboards? Is it the combination of PBT and dye sublimated? or maybe the relatively low entry price, now you can get a full TKL set for $60 bucks.

Its all of those things. You can get elvish letters, 60% oriented dye subs, and all sorts of pro mods, icon mods, etc all for a reasonable price.

Also DSA does look pretty slick, especially on smaller boards.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 10:19:31 »

Only 100 elven kits purchased, that is a bit surprising. Best looking set of the bunch IMO

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 10:20:12 »
Only 100 elven kits purchased, that is a bit surprising. Best looking set of the bunch IMO

Better inflate the numbers. You should buy 50. =D

Offline zslane

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 14:25:20 »
I'm tempted to buy 50 Sindarin sets just to re-sell them to future buyers who missed out on this round.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 14:30:37 »
I'm tempted to buy 50 Sindarin sets just to re-sell them to future buyers who missed out on this round.

You'll definitely be able to find buyers. You could charge double and probably still sell them. Just watch, in three months everyone on reddit's mechmarket will be requesting Granite and its addon kits after seeing pictures of them on others' boards.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 05:16:29 »

You'll definitely be able to find buyers. You could charge double and probably still sell them. Just watch, in three months everyone on reddit's mechmarket will be requesting Granite and its addon kits after seeing pictures of them on others' boards.

I'm buying double with just this in mind.
pls gief bbv2