Author Topic: I need the collective's opinion  (Read 2285 times)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
I need the collective's opinion
« on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 17:08:10 »
Would you trade a GID Noxious Reaper for a Hyperfuse keyset?

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Re: I need the collective's opinion
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 17:09:57 »
Would you trade a GID Noxious Reaper for a Hyperfuse keyset?

Personally not but it depends how much you like the reaper. I personally would only trade the reaper for another reaper or another rare artisans.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:17:05 »
No keyset is better than the reaper, seems silly to trade hyperfuse for a single key, but its up to you really.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:28:28 »
I think if you get something you want more than what you are trading that is pretty much all that matters. To me there is way more value having something I want than something I have no use for. Not to say let yourself get taken advantage of. Just do what you are comfortable with.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:39:21 »
Ask the yogurt cartel  :)).

I agree with inanis, if you're getting something you want more than what you're trading, then who's to say it's a bad trade.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:47:50 »
In general, trading an artisan for a keyset is a bad deal for the guy w/ the artisan. Keyset $ value and artisan $ value can't be compared where there isn't an efficient market (partly having to do with the fact that people irrationally overvalue keysets and will reject trades for an artisan worth signficantly more than the keyset).

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:52:16 »
In general, trading an artisan for a keyset is a bad deal for the guy w/ the artisan. Keyset $ value and artisan $ value can't be compared where there isn't an efficient market (partly having to do with the fact that people irrationally overvalue keysets and will reject trades for an artisan worth signficantly more than the keyset).

I don't agree that it's a bad value. It's not like tigersharkdude can go out and sell his reaper for profit and have enough to buy a hyperfuse set or he'll risk not being allowed to join any other of Bro's sales. If he has no use for the reaper than it's a perfectly good trade to get a whole keyset that he can put on a board.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:05:04 »
there are 100s of hyperfuse sets out there, and probably not many of those reapers.

it would be more difficult to obtain a particular reaper than it would to obtain a hyperfuse set on the classifieds for cash.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:13:33 »

I don't agree that it's a bad value. It's not like tigersharkdude can go out and sell his reaper for profit and have enough to buy a hyperfuse set or he'll risk not being allowed to join any other of Bro's sales. If he has no use for the reaper than it's a perfectly good trade to get a whole keyset that he can put on a board.

Say Reaper is worth $250 and Hyperfuse is $200 (just example numbers). To avoid running afoul of the ban on selling above retail, he could hypothetically trade the Reaper for 5 caps that are worth $50 each by Artisan XYZ (a hypothetical artisan who has no restriction on aftermarket sales), sell those 4 of the 5 caps, and then buy Hyperfuse while still having a $50 cap by Artisan XYZ (as opposed to just having Hyperfuse).

--which, to be fair would be a stupid and time-consuming thing to do. My point is that in some ways, when you trade a reaper for hyperfuse, you are losing out on some value, even if you are not selling the reaper.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:15:17 by bcredbottle »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:19:46 »
If you're serious about that trade I have a few sets of Hyperfuse around and could probably chuck in something else if you were interested

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:23:32 »
If you're serious about that trade I have a few sets of Hyperfuse around and could probably chuck in something else if you were interested
This makes me so sad. I want HyperFuse SO BAD and I'm just sitting here waiting for it to ship. A little part of me dies inside when I read things like "I have a few sets of HyperFuse".  :'(

For me personally, I'd rather have HF than a Reaper, because I know I'd use it more. But I'm not crazy into the Artisan thing like most of you are. I also have a Reaper so it may be a case of wanting what I don't have.  :p

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:28:57 »
I'd say keep the artisan and just try to buy the set.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:40:56 »
I'm not crazy into the Artisan thing like most of you are. I also have a Reaper

Sounds like you need to trade that reaper.

I'd say keep the artisan and just try to buy the set.

+1

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:44:49 »
I'm not crazy into the Artisan thing like most of you are. I also have a Reaper

Sounds like you need to trade that reaper.

Not at all. I won't pay the crazy prices some are willing to pay, and I only keep what I love. And I'm very selective on what I love. That means that Reaper is pretty much mine for life. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:03:13 »
For that Reaper?  Nope.  Keepsies!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:28:04 »
For that Reaper?  Nope.  Keepsies!

This guy gets it!