Author Topic: Hi I like to build and repair keyboards and things  (Read 1686 times)

Offline NiceAndCreamy

Hi I like to build and repair keyboards and things
« on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:44:45 »
Hi, I'm Creamy and I like keyboards. Right now I'm rocking a 55g Realforce but I have tried/owned things all over the spectrum. I'm mostly from reddit but I want something a little.... more so I have come here. I also fix and assemble boards on the side if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Hi I like to build and repair keyboards and things
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:56:51 »
Well you certainly have found "More"!

Greetings!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 03:18:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have you still got your other boards?  Or found Topre and rid yourself of all the chaff?

Although you'll probably need to become a little better known in the forum, you might ask one of the moderators if they can include you in one of the pages linked from the artisan services thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 05:38:20 »
Welcome to the forum! You should post some photos of your projects in the building stuff together thread!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 07:30:27 »
Very cool, would love to hear what boatds you've fixed up! Vintage or modern? I'm almost done restoring a vintage Zenith myself.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 07:33:01 »
Hi, I'm Creamy and I like keyboards. Right now I'm rocking a 55g Realforce but I have tried/owned things all over the spectrum. I'm mostly from reddit but I want something a little.... more so I have come here. I also fix and assemble boards on the side if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

Post your projects brah

Check out this board, too.