Author Topic: Apparently there's some kind of terrorist (?) attack happening in my city...  (Read 1519 times)

Offline raymogi

I left for Singapore earlier this morning and as soon as I landed I read a tweet about bomb explosions. Thought it was hoax as usual then everyone started messaging me asking if I was ok. Turns out it's real...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/13/asia/jakarta-gunfire-explosions/index.html
Please feed my addiction.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Stay safe
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline calvinhousecat

Stay safe man, how are you family members handling the situation?

Offline raymogi

Stay safe man, how are you family members handling the situation?

They are all ok, nowhere close to that area. My mom went out trying to find a nanny for my soon to be born son and she went home right away after this happened. Thankfully my dad's office is also far away from this area.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Not a nice thing to wake up to, hope everything stays alright.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
Stay safe bro  :thumb:

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
the scary part is that the attack is in the central business district where it is highly populated.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
I hope you remain safe!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline raymogi

It's supposed to be over already by now. All the attackers have been killed. Interested to find out who's behind all this.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
the scary part is that the attack is in the central business district where it is highly populated.

that's weird for a terrorist attack...

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder

that's weird for a terrorist attack...
You got me there!
I should stay away from densely populated area.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Glad you and your family are okay raymogi. I hope the other members in Indonesia are okay as well!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825