Author Topic: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 3057279 times)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
Re: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)
« Reply #750 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:27:09 »
All orders have now been shipped. All regular orders coming in will be fulfilled same day/next day.

March 28 start, April 13 finish. 17 days to finish shipping out the whole GB :cool:

Do you even sleep?   :p

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #751 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:31:52 »
All orders have now been shipped. All regular orders coming in will be fulfilled same day/next day.

March 28 start, April 13 finish. 17 days to finish shipping out the whole GB :cool:

No... :(

But I also don't like to needlessly drag on fulfillment. No one wants to be left waiting months...
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #752 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:35:38 »

But I also don't like to needlessly drag on fulfillment. No one wants to be left waiting months...

Hey man, I respect that. I like you
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #753 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:36:59 »
Just got my 78gs today & I'm stoked.......Now debating on which keyboard kit to install them on. Thanks & looking forward to your aristotle zealios!!!!

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #754 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:45:24 »
Order #3087 has safely arrived in Australia! Thanks Zeal! :thumb: :thumb:

Just need to find the time to install them now.

Offline tuco

« Reply #755 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:30:37 »
Finally tried out my 78s, very nice!

Offline lootbag

« Reply #756 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:34:34 »
Received my order #3124 here in HK!
Now I know what everyone means by the pronounced bump.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #757 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:58:14 »

Sick commitment dude. Really much respect  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #758 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 22:09:13 »
Received my Order from Zeal today  :thumb: .

The Mrs says it has the magic word known as "Zeal" on a white box hence I know it's from you, great effort bud. Thanks for fulfilling this order to a Convict located in the pits of Hell.

Much appreciated......

Offline gain

« Reply #759 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 04:45:18 »
Received! :thumb:

oh god they feel so good
and the taiwanese switches too

Offline pwade3

« Reply #760 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 08:25:01 »
Got mine in the mail yesterday.

Ordered mine at the end of the GB, so it was only 2 weeks from ordering to being in my hands. You're an absolute monster, Zeal.  :eek:

Now to order the board I want to put them in.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #761 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 09:30:50 »
Has anyone actually soldered in their 62g zleaios yet? I got a huge batch and one of the pins is extremely loose in the casing in 80% of them. Now im afraid to use them.

anyone?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #762 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 09:42:01 »
Has anyone actually soldered in their 62g zleaios yet? I got a huge batch and one of the pins is extremely loose in the casing in 80% of them. Now im afraid to use them.

That sucks, maybe Zeal knows if this has any impact on the switch.

If he does not respond before my package arrives I'll report on the condition of my switches. I think he will respond before me though since I don't expect to recieve it before Tuesday because of customs etc.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #763 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 09:44:30 »

If he does not respond before my package arrives I'll report on the condition of my switches. I think he will respond before me though since I don't expect to recieve it before Tuesday because of customs etc.

He responded to me on IRC with "All sales final."

so apparently he doesnt really care if they work or not  :mad:

Offline rand77

« Reply #764 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:04:57 »
Got  mine in the mail yesterday.  Thanks Zeal for the quick turnaround.

I'm surprised how smooth and prominent the tactile bump is on the 78g switch.   It's been a while since I used another cherry switch, but my gut tells me its even more pronounced than MX clears.

As an Alps fan, I think I am really going to enjoy these switches.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #765 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:21:43 »

Ouch, that hurts.

Maybe you can blame DHL, haha. (/s of course, as long as it is not shipping damage)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #766 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:29:19 »

I'm sure everyone would like to see some evidence of defective switches. Your post only eluded to you being afraid to solder them. Saying Zeal "doesn't care" isn't going to help anything.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2016, 12:26:42 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #767 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:40:30 »

Show Image

anyone?

Received mine today!  :thumb: Smooth and fast GB as always. Thanks Zeal!

I had major chattering issues with the R1 batch and told myself to use MX Clears in my next  board. After experimenting with different springs, lubes, top housing etc. I came to realize that Zealios are far too superior. So the last day of the GB I ordered 65g and I couldn't be happier. Only objection I have is that the stems wobble a bit. It is most noticeable with SA profile caps.

As soon as I saw the post above I checked my newly arrived Zealios and can confirm this pin was a little bit loose. I then compared with my R1 65g Zealio left-overs. They had the same issue. Having said that, I think you just have to try to solder them and see if any of the switches are malfunctioning, i.e. chattering etc.

In my humble opinion I do not think the loose pin has any affect on the switch. Cause of chattering issues with R1 was clearly identified and documented here: http://imgur.com/a/dLD6I

My chattering issues were caused by bad soldering experience so since the R1 pin is also loose, it probably does not compromise the functionality of the switch. Unless yours are far more loose than my R1 and R2 65g Zealios.  :)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #768 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:52:07 »

I'm sure everyone would like to see some evidence of defective switches. You post only eluded to you being afraid to solder them. Saying Zeal "doesn't care" isn't going to help anything.

Ill attach a multi meter to the contact legs and see if I can get them to actuate by wiggling the leg later when I get home.

Offline Chachal

• Keyboard Wear
« Reply #769 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 11:23:28 »
Zealios just came to Poland! Can't wait to build my first board. Immediately I put Aristotle stem in of them. Oh gosh, they are clicky!

Pok3r (MX Clear)

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #770 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 11:56:40 »

If I really didn't care about the product or my customers, I wouldn't be on IRC answering questions outside of regular business hours, nor would I be packing well overtime to get everyone's order out in a timely manner. Many other GBs take months to ship for orders way less than what I received. it's not really fair for you to word it that way when I've clearly explained to you on IRC that it is a non-issue.
The switch top holds the fatter/thicker contact leg in place, and this prevents it from "popping out" or moving out of place. If you pull out the stem and spring and re-assemble the top back on, you can observe how it's held in, in the top left corner by the switch top's plastic. At the same time, you can remove the top, press the stem down half way, but not past the tactile bump so it's in its resting position as if the switch top were on and see the distance between the two gold contacts. You can try and wiggle the thicker leg but it won't touch the other contact.

A little bit of wiggle room is required during the assembly process or you're going to end up with a bunch of switches without contact legs (aka crushed inside the housing). It's unavoidable and holds true for all Gateron switches (for both contact legs). Some may seem more noticeable than others due to tolerances and different plastic properties. The legs aren't pierce through the plastic housing, they're slotted into a pre-existing hole at a high speed.

The refund policy has always been listed at checkout, and hasn't changed since Oct '14. Due to the nature of the product and business (switches, switch modding parts, etc), I cannot be offering refunds left and right for random reasons that customers bring up. Being afraid to use them shouldn't be a valid reason for a refund.

« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2016, 12:00:20 by Zeal »

Offline BlueMoon

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 12:52:44 »
Got my order yesterday -- I ordered post GB but with the pre-order pricing after messaging Zeal on reddit to ask some questions (which he was very helpful about).

I ordered about half 65g and half 78g -- really impressed with the switches so far. They're really smooth and just about the right level of tactile for me. That said, I'm surprised how hard it is for me to tell the difference between the two switches. I would have thought there would be a fairly noticeable difference in terms of firmness between the two, but they actually feel very similar (although I *think* I can sometimes tell the difference when I push them very slowly). Has anyone else had this experience? Fairly sure I'm just too used to my Black switches lately to have a good feel for tactile switches, but I'm a little paranoid that these feel so similar to me...

Anyone have any tips for reliably telling the switches apart (other than opening them and looking at the springs)? I think I may have gotten a couple mixed up and I want to make sure I get them organized appropriately.

Anyways, can't wait to use these in a build, current plan is to save them for the VE.A!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #772 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 13:02:44 »

Anyone have any tips for reliably telling the switches apart (other than opening them and looking at the springs)? I think I may have gotten a couple mixed up and I want to make sure I get them organized appropriately.

IIRC the shade of purple gets darker the harder the switch is.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #773 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 13:13:52 »
Got my order yesterday -- I ordered post GB but with the pre-order pricing after messaging Zeal on reddit to ask some questions (which he was very helpful about).

I ordered about half 65g and half 78g -- really impressed with the switches so far. They're really smooth and just about the right level of tactile for me. That said, I'm surprised how hard it is for me to tell the difference between the two switches. I would have thought there would be a fairly noticeable difference in terms of firmness between the two, but they actually feel very similar (although I *think* I can sometimes tell the difference when I push them very slowly). Has anyone else had this experience? Fairly sure I'm just too used to my Black switches lately to have a good feel for tactile switches, but I'm a little paranoid that these feel so similar to me...

Anyways, can't wait to use these in a build, current plan is to save them for the VE.A!

78g is an interesting weight since the spring is short with wider coils, very similar to 65g's. First half of the travel is light, hence the similarities. It's the bottom out that sets them apart. If you had gotten 65g/67gs, the bump would've been very noticeably different. I guess you can think of 78gs as 65gs with more cushion at the bottom.

65g and 78g stems are very easy to tell apart the difference. Darker one is 78g, 65g is the lighter one.

Offline BlueMoon

« Reply #774 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 13:56:08 »
78g is an interesting weight since the spring is short with wider coils, very similar to 65g's. First half of the travel is light, hence the similarities. It's the bottom out that sets them apart. If you had gotten 65g/67gs, the bump would've been very noticeably different. I guess you can think of 78gs as 65gs with more cushion at the bottom.

65g and 78g stems are very easy to tell apart the difference. Darker one is 78g, 65g is the lighter one.

That description makes a lot of sense to me, I think I just barely prefer the 78g, but it's a subtle difference. I always bottom out though, so once I've set it up on a whole board it will probably be more noticeable. In some ways, the similarities are actually kinda nice because my intention is to use a combination of 65g/78g on a single board. I actually ordered the switch tester pack, and the 67g definitely feels pretty different from the other switches -- maybe I'll get a set of them in a future GB!

Thanks for the tip on the stem color. Not sure how I didn't notice last night, but it's a lot easier way to tell the difference than trying to press them side by a side a billion times :D

Offline Siraj

« Reply #775 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 14:09:01 »
Anyone from UK get hit by customs or have to pay any additional fees? How long did it take from the shipping notification until you received it?

Offline DavidNZ

« Reply #776 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 15:41:45 »
Anyone from UK get hit by customs or have to pay any additional fees? How long did it take from the shipping notification until you received it?

I think mine were sent Monday and I got them Wednesday, that was with DHL Express. No customs on mine.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #777 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 15:45:30 »

As I said in an earlier post, shipping notification on Monday, at my door on Wednesday. No additional charges.

Offline Siraj

« Reply #778 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:07:09 »

As I said in an earlier post, shipping notification on Monday, at my door on Wednesday. No additional charges.

I got mine Monday too. Hopefully they'll come tomorrow!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:32:03 »

I got mine Monday too. Hopefully they'll come tomorrow!

DHL is 2 day delivery service to EU with tracking. Canada Post can take 6-10 days for untracked delivery.
You shouldn't be getting charged customs on your parcels.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #780 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 17:12:41 »
Lubed a few of the new Zealios and put them in my switch tester... Holy c... I so regret I didn't lube my previous Zealio build.

Lubed Zealios is just puuure butter.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #781 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 17:40:39 »

Show Image

anyone?

nothing to worry about, once you have it properly seated for soldering it'll be stuck anyway right?
won't affect feel or anything at all whatsoever. slightly different method of manufacturing.

still a better switch than Cherry ;)

Offline Malenky

« Reply #782 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:08:31 »
So I read on the Keychatter review that 67g feels better unlubed. What is the general consensus on this? I really like how they feel in my switch tester and honestly the only thing I can imagine lube doing to them is reducing the tactility, which feels perfect at the moment.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #783 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 19:55:03 »
A little bit of wiggle room is required during the assembly process or you're going to end up with a bunch of switches without contact legs (aka crushed inside the housing). It's unavoidable and holds true for all Gateron switches (for both contact legs). Some may seem more noticeable than others due to tolerances and different plastic properties. The legs aren't pierce through the plastic housing, they're slotted into a pre-existing hole at a high speed.

The wiggle is only there when you have the switch free from it's PCB.  Once you solder it in, there's no more wiggle and the switch is firm and tight.

Always remember that every switch will act differently when not installed into it's PCB, so no need to go all "girlie" about it "wiggling"  ;D .

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 20:04:20 »
So I read on the Keychatter review that 67g feels better unlubed. What is the general consensus on this? I really like how they feel in my switch tester and honestly the only thing I can imagine lube doing to them is reducing the tactility, which feels perfect at the moment.

Using one switch to lube shouldn't be a big issue.  IF you're tight on the number of switches and feel that it's not 100% to your liking you can delegate the lubed switch to spacebar.  In the end we can't tell you that unlubed is better.  I prefer a greased up 67g over out of the box 67g.  Actually I prefer lubed vs unlubed in all variants. 

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #785 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 02:14:03 »

No fees!  ^-^
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #786 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 02:15:24 »

No fees!  ^-^

I think he sent everything as low value merchandise so customs shouldn't be a problem.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #787 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 03:27:49 »
Recieved my Zealios yesterday here in Germany! No customs fees! My order # was #2940. Thank you Zeal for running the GB so smoothly.
I like keyboards

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 04:14:08 »
Recieved my Zealios yesterday here in Germany! No customs fees! My order # was #2940

DHL or Canada post? Also, when did you recieve your shipping confirmation (if it was Canada Post)? I'm just trying to figure out when it will probably arrive so someone is home to accept it.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #789 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 04:22:28 »
Recieved my Zealios yesterday here in Germany! No customs fees! My order # was #2940

DHL or Canada post? Also, when did you recieve your shipping confirmation (if it was Canada Post)? I'm just trying to figure out when it will probably arrive so someone is home to accept it.

They were sent on April 5th via Canada Post and arrived on April 14th.
I like keyboards

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #790 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 04:40:25 »

Thank you, seems like I can expect them on Tuesday or Wednesday then.

Offline Siraj

« Reply #791 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 14:11:49 »

Did it cost more to post DHL instead of Canada Post?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #792 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 15:17:29 »

For me it was Canada Post $10 vs. DHL $30.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #793 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 15:18:57 »

$30 for DHL to EU, can order up to 400g (roughly 200x switches). $35 for 201-400ish switches.
$10 for Canada Post, can order up to 250g of switches (roughly 120x switches). Anything over this will become DHL shipping only.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #794 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 15:56:33 »
My chattering seems to have ceased now, so weird.
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline E.

« Reply #795 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:19:21 »

:'( #2840, Sent on March 29th, Canada Post #StillWaiting (Netherlands)

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #796 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:27:12 »
Will there be extras available for sale at your website, Zeal? I bought some 62g switches with the group buy but my plans changed and I need about 20 more for a build.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #797 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:45:27 »
Got them yesterday afternoon! They look awesome!!!

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Drift Monkey

« Reply #798 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 18:05:09 »
After spending about a week with them, I actually quite like the 78gs as a gaming/mixed use switch. The softish actuation and quick spring-back is great for spamming keys while still retaining tactility. :thumb:

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #799 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 18:12:01 »

:'( #2840, Sent on March 29th, Canada Post #StillWaiting (Netherlands)

#2840 was shipped to a USA address, not Netherlands.

Will there be extras available for sale at your website, Zeal? I bought some 62g switches with the group buy but my plans changed and I need about 20 more for a build.

I'm pretty much out of 62g's. Only 8 left, but those are just going to be used for sampler packs.