Author Topic: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 3057284 times)

Offline jennb

Re: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)
« Reply #800 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 19:30:43 »
Z.,

Thanks for the switches and for your guidance on plate vs. pcb mounted! It's much appreciated.
Keyboards: Code MX Clear, Minivan Aliaz switches
Keycap sets: DSA Granite, SA Ice Cep

Offline E.

« Reply #801 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 19:39:43 »
Recieved my Zealios yesterday here in Germany! No customs fees! My order # was #2940

DHL or Canada post? Also, when did you recieve your shipping confirmation (if it was Canada Post)? I'm just trying to figure out when it will probably arrive so someone is home to accept it.

They were sent on April 5th via Canada Post and arrived on April 14th.

:'( #2840, Sent on March 29th, Canada Post #StillWaiting (Netherlands)

#2840 was shipped to a USA address, not Netherlands.

My bad, was sleepy; #2848** ;D
I have faith in the mailman though haha, probably getting it somewhere this week
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 19:44:50 by E. »

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #802 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 20:46:10 »

Will there be extras available for sale at your website, Zeal? I bought some 62g switches with the group buy but my plans changed and I need about 20 more for a build.

I'm pretty much out of 62g's. Only 8 left, but those are just going to be used for sampler packs.

That's too bad for me. Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I guess I'll just have to wait for round 3. Or if someone wants to sell me 20 of their 62g switches, I would be eternally grateful!

Offline yomammary

« Reply #803 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 21:12:48 »
Just got my 67g today :)
Can't wait to put them on a board to test them. A couple of months  :rolleyes:
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Saiph

« Reply #804 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 04:21:21 »
You could buy switches of a different weight and spring swap in 62g springs from somewhere else.

Will there be extras available for sale at your website, Zeal? I bought some 62g switches with the group buy but my plans changed and I need about 20 more for a build.

I'm pretty much out of 62g's. Only 8 left, but those are just going to be used for sampler packs.

That's too bad for me. Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I guess I'll just have to wait for round 3. Or if someone wants to sell me 20 of their 62g switches, I would be eternally grateful!

Offline Siraj

« Reply #805 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 07:37:06 »
#3245 Received!!!!!

Shipping notification Monday, came just now through Canada Post, took 6 days. 65x 65g PCB mounted :D

I'm going to start my first custom build right now. I'll get some pictures in /r/MK soon!

Thanks so much for my first GB Henry!

Edit: I'm getting some chattering in some switches for some reason...  I have  65g PCB switches and I  soldered at around 300C.
http://prntscr.com/at16vt
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 April 2016, 12:41:42 by Siraj »

Offline bnthor

« Reply #806 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 15:18:53 »
Received it  :D Can't wait to receive the last parts of my custom 60% !!!

Thank you !

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #807 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 17:27:40 »
#3245 Received!!!!!

Shipping notification Monday, came just now through Canada Post, took 6 days. 65x 65g PCB mounted :D

I'm going to start my first custom build right now. I'll get some pictures in /r/MK soon!

Thanks so much for my first GB Henry!

Edit: I'm getting some chattering in some switches for some reason...  I have  65g PCB switches and I  soldered at around 300C.
http://prntscr.com/at16vt

Replied to email. Make sure when soldering that you're heating the pad and pin for no more than 2 seconds at a time with a chisel tip. You should also try to avoid pushing against the pin while heating as transparent plastics will always have a lower melting point than other plastics, such as the milky or black Gateron bases. It's a trade-off that you'll have to deal with when going for better underglow/keycap lighting/aesthetics. Just have to be careful when soldering.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline hoanglh94

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 07:38:09 »
please tell me 65 purple is still in stock :(

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #809 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 08:34:53 »
please tell me 65 purple is still in stock :(

It's not. You can see for yourself in his store.

Offline hoanglh94

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 15:07:05 »
btw, when is the next restock for 65g purple?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #811 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 23:11:18 »
#3414 landed in Montreal! Half way through SIP socketing these beauties!  :thumb:

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #812 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 07:38:49 »
My order (3351&3485) just arrived in germany. There is a problem with it though. I already contacted Zeal about this and hope we can figure things out.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #813 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 08:05:50 »
First post just to say thanks to Zeal for running this like a pro. I'm an indecisive prick and added items to my order twice, in addition to changing switch weights at the last possible moment. He stayed polite and took care of invoicing within minutes each time.

Ordered April 1st, switches arrived April 13th, SIP's installed, LEDs installed, PCB legs pinched to fit, mounted in plate + PCB... Soldering tomorrow. Can't freaking wait =)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #814 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 10:42:29 »
Zeal, just wanted to apologize for me being a little mad about the switches being loose in the casing. Against my better judgement I just went ahead and soldered them in and they seem to be fine. 1 chattery switch across 200 switches so far (@480deg with kester 44).  :thumb:

I had just never seen the leafs be loose in the casing before. No other brands do that (even other Gateron switches are tight in the casing).  :confused:

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #815 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 01:46:24 »
btw, when is the next restock for 65g purple?

Will be running a R3 GB shortly, stay tuned.

My order (3351&3485) just arrived in germany. There is a problem with it though. I already contacted Zeal about this and hope we can figure things out.

Sorry about that, already solved the issue and replied to your email.

First post just to say thanks to Zeal for running this like a pro. I'm an indecisive prick and added items to my order twice, in addition to changing switch weights at the last possible moment. He stayed polite and took care of invoicing within minutes each time.

Ordered April 1st, switches arrived April 13th, SIP's installed, LEDs installed, PCB legs pinched to fit, mounted in plate + PCB... Soldering tomorrow. Can't freaking wait =)

:thumb: No problem. :)

Zeal, just wanted to apologize for me being a little mad about the switches being loose in the casing. Against my better judgement I just went ahead and soldered them in and they seem to be fine. 1 chattery switch across 200 switches so far (@480deg with kester 44).  :thumb:

I had just never seen the leafs be loose in the casing before. No other brands do that (even other Gateron switches are tight in the casing).  :confused:

No worries, I've had more heated emails come my way. :)

Offline diiiP

« Reply #816 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:54:49 »
Will R3 have any changes to the switches?
A more tightly sitting stem with less rotary play would be on my wishlist  ;D
Well, cant wait any way  :thumb:

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #817 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:25:37 »
Hey Zeal, any ETA for those who also ordered the V3 lube after stock ran out?
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #818 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:27:03 »
Will R3 have any changes to the switches?
A more tightly sitting stem with less rotary play would be on my wishlist  ;D
Well, cant wait any way  :thumb:

No, unlikely that it can be updated that soon. R3 will be the same as R2.

Hey Zeal, any ETA for those who also ordered the V3 lube after stock ran out?

Mkawa's working on the lube mixture, just recently got all the stuff in and is mixing/pumping it as we speak. Will try to get a more time definite update this week. Sorry about the wait.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #819 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 02:55:35 »
Just wanted to update after soldering. Was my first time soldering a keyboard and have experienced no chattering after running switch hitter most of the day in the background. Using an Aoyue 936 set to 350C and using Kester 44 63/37 .031" solder. I did as Zeal had suggested, taking around 2 seconds on each pad/pin before moving on to the next. If a pin needed to be reflowed, I moved on to others and came back to it once things had a chance to cool down just in case. I also read in the original thread that soldering the pin from the "inside" of the pin, near the center of the switch, might help and so I did that as well.

This is on 62g, so clear bottom PCB mount. Everything went super smoothly, including SIP sockets.

I'm really in love with these switches. To me, they feel like super silky Browns but with a much more noticeable bump. They're basically my perfect switch! I didn't lube them, though. I tried lubing a few of the extras I ordered and threw them on a switch tester for comparison. To me, the only noticeable difference was a decrease in the tactile bump. I love the stock bump, so I decided against lubing the rest.

Thanks again Zeal =)

Potato pictures with potato caps until some GBs ship.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #820 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 03:07:00 »
Just wanted to update after soldering. Was my first time soldering a keyboard and have experienced no chattering after running switch hitter most of the day in the background. Using an Aoyue 936 set to 350C and using Kester 44 63/37 .031" solder. I did as Zeal had suggested, taking around 2 seconds on each pad/pin before moving on to the next. If a pin needed to be reflowed, I moved on to others and came back to it once things had a chance to cool down just in case. I also read in the original thread that soldering the pin from the "inside" of the pin, near the center of the switch, might help and so I did that as well.

This is on 62g, so clear bottom PCB mount. Everything went super smoothly, including SIP sockets.

I'm really in love with these switches. To me, they feel like super silky Browns but with a much more noticeable bump. They're basically my perfect switch! I didn't lube them, though. I tried lubing a few of the extras I ordered and threw them on a switch tester for comparison. To me, the only noticeable difference was a decrease in the tactile bump. I love the stock bump, so I decided against lubing the rest.

Thanks again Zeal =)

Potato pictures with potato caps until some GBs ship.

Show Image

Show Image

Good stuff!

I am in the process of lubing my R2 Zealios. My R1 are soldered in without extra lube. It will be interesting to see the difference. After hitting lubed vs un-lubed in a switch tester I am pretty much more sold on having them lubed.

By the way. What board is that?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline nugglets

« Reply #821 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 03:23:25 »
Good stuff!

I am in the process of lubing my R2 Zealios. My R1 are soldered in without extra lube. It will be interesting to see the difference. After hitting lubed vs un-lubed in a switch tester I am pretty much more sold on having them lubed.

Thanks =)

It's a Satan60 PCB with a MassDrop lipless acrylic case and Pok3r plate that I painted turquoise. I can't wait to get some better caps on it though. I traded an HKP Blank for this Code backlit set as a stop gap and they're just about the flimsiest ABS I have ever used. Have too much $$ tied up in unshipped GB's to spend more on caps, so they'll have to do for now.

About lubed vs un-lubed, I can definitely see why people like it. Just wasn't for me with this particular switch.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 April 2016, 03:26:08 by nugglets »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #822 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 03:46:18 »
Good stuff!

Thanks =)

It's a Satan60 PCB with a MassDrop lipless acrylic case and Pok3r plate that I painted turquoise. I can't wait to get some better caps on it though. I traded an HKP Blank for this Code backlit set as a stop gap and they're just about the flimsiest ABS I have ever used. Have too much $$ tied up in unshipped GB's to spend more on caps, so they'll have to do for now.

About lubed vs un-lubed, I can definitely see why people like it. Just wasn't for me with this particular switch.
Yes, switches are always a matter of subjective opinion

Nice board, keep up the good work!

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 09:47:43 »
_DSC9324.jpg by bmilcs, on Flickr

Oh Zealios. You're so pretty.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #824 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 12:19:39 »
Mkawa's working on the lube mixture, just recently got all the stuff in and is mixing/pumping it as we speak. Will try to get a more time definite update this week. Sorry about the wait.

Good to know, thanks!
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline gelmoak

« Reply #825 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:25:33 »
Hi Zeal I recived a shipping confirmation 11 days ago for order #3289 but I have still not recived any switches. Is it possible that they are lost in transit since alot ppl with later order numbers have recieved theirs?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #826 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:10:12 »
Hi Zeal I recived a shipping confirmation 11 days ago for order #3289 but I have still not recived any switches. Is it possible that they are lost in transit since alot ppl with later order numbers have recieved theirs?

Hi gelmoak, the untracked Canada Post method generally takes 6-10 business days for delivery. It should arrive sometime next week. If you haven't received your order by the end of the month, please contact me via email, thanks.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:14:01 »

I received my shipping notification 13 days before the package arrived here in Europe, but it took only 10 working days.

Offline E.

« Reply #828 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:56:17 »
My bad, was sleepy; #2848** ;D
I have faith in the mailman though haha, probably getting it somewhere this week

Starting to lose faith in the mailman  :(

Edit: just saw your reply zeal, if I havent' seen anything by the end of next week I'll contact you.

For now I'm just assuming customs is trying to find coke hidden in the switches even though they're transparent :))
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:57:51 by E. »

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #829 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 13:15:39 »
Got my zealio's last week and finally got my WKL supplies. Super stoked to use these in my build, they feel fantastic so far. Surprised that R3 is up already too! Any plans to have a consistent schedule? May need some zealios later in the year but don't want to just have a bunch sitting around if I know they'd be coming back. Also are there any plans to lower the price if zealios start to become regularly stocked (due to high volume)?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #830 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 16:19:12 »
Got my zealio's last week and finally got my WKL supplies. Super stoked to use these in my build, they feel fantastic so far. Surprised that R3 is up already too! Any plans to have a consistent schedule? May need some zealios later in the year but don't want to just have a bunch sitting around if I know they'd be coming back. Also are there any plans to lower the price if zealios start to become regularly stocked (due to high volume)?

Will try to keep the GB rounds consistent throughout the year.

As for pricing, it may seem like I'm shipping a lot of switches, but for Gateron, it's something they can pump out within a day. 100k, 200k Zealios are all the same pricing from them. Our orders are still a small fraction of what they produce daily. Due to this reason, the pricing will remain the same.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #831 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 16:22:11 »
Got my switches in today! They are awesome and the 78g switches are perfect!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #832 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 16:22:19 »

Will try to keep the GB rounds consistent throughout the year.

As for pricing, it may seem like I'm shipping a lot of switches, but for Gateron, it's something they can pump out within a day. 100k, 200k Zealios are all the same pricing from them. Our orders are still a small fraction of what they produce daily. Due to this reason, the pricing will remain the same.

Awesome, that's good to hear. I may be back for R4 then possibly if my plans work out :)

I see, that makes sense. Hopefully zealios will reach that sort of volume one day then so that we can have  some lower price points for these switches.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #833 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 22:06:55 »
Got around to installing these on a keyboard, i rebuilt my Nerd60 with them

They are easily the best stock mx switch ive used, and they sound good too

65g

video with sound (from phone) click

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #834 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 02:26:04 »

I received my shipping notification 13 days before the package arrived here in Europe, but it took only 10 working days.

I am also waiting for my ordere to arrive. Shipping notification was at the 9. April. I also live in germany.

Offline E.

« Reply #835 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 11:45:29 »

Starting to lose faith in the mailman  :(

Switches just came in today
Got my shipping notification on 29-03, shipped with Canada post(order #2848)

Looking great Zeal thanks.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #836 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 17:44:58 »
Is it possible to look at the springs to distinguish a 67g switch from a 78g one? I'm having a hard time telling them apart based on color and keypress, but it seems like the 67g has a "tighter" spring, meaning that its pitch is lower than that of the 78g.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #837 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 18:50:59 »
Is it possible to look at the springs to distinguish a 67g switch from a 78g one? I'm having a hard time telling them apart based on color and keypress, but it seems like the 67g has a "tighter" spring, meaning that its pitch is lower than that of the 78g.

Could you look at the stem colours?
78g should be darker that the 67g.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #838 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:06:45 »

78g is a bit darker than 67g. A bit easier to tell under pure white light. Will try to make it darker in R3. 

The spring on 67g is longer (taller) than 78g and has more coils.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #839 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:13:30 »

Could you look at the stem colours?
78g should be darker that the 67g.

I tried, but to no avail.

78g is a bit darker than 67g. A bit easier to tell under pure white light. Will try to make it darker in R3. 

The spring on 67g is longer (taller) than 78g and has more coils.

Thank you! That confirms my suspicion.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #840 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 12:02:58 »
Update for those waiting on Thick lube:

Geekhackers will be finishing up packing the vials and has stated that they will be shipped out tomorrow! :) I should be receiving the package early May.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #841 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 15:50:00 »
Woo that's good news :D
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #842 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 07:13:36 »
My Zealios arrived today!

Now I have to wait for the PCB and the Plate...

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #843 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 20:08:22 »
Lubed, test fitted the bottom row for correct placement, and now ready to solder up.  Hope for no chattering but I have plenty of spares just in case.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #844 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 03:28:38 »

Geekhackers will be finishing up packing the vials and has stated that they will be shipped out tomorrow! :) I should be receiving the package early May.

So how come my package is already in my home? Hadn't opened it yet though. Got it while I walking out to my studio.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #845 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 16:37:27 »
If I was to have say... a few 65g zealios mixed into a bag of 67g zealios, are they labeled, or is there anyway to tell the difference between the two? Or rather, what would be the best way to tell the difference between the two? Actuation point?
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:00:55 by AgentZen »
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #846 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 16:47:20 »
Lubed, test fitted the bottom row for correct placement, and now ready to solder up.  Hope for no chattering but I have plenty of spares just in case.

Show Image

Nice Orion  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #847 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:56:06 »
If I was to have say... a few 65g zealios mixed into a bag of 67g zealios, are they labeled, or is there anyway to tell the difference between the two? Or rather, what would be the best way to tell the difference between the two? Actuation point?

The color of the stems are different shades of purple. See the first page of this thread.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #848 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 19:01:48 »

Show Image

Nice pic! :)

So how come my package is already in my home? Hadn't opened it yet though. Got it while I walking out to my studio.

I had a few thick lube kits left over. There are a few orders waiting on thick lube that purchased the pre-order thick lube kits.

The different weights were bagged separately. If you had accidentally placed them in the wrong bag, the stem colour on 65g is lighter than 67g. It also a significantly different bump feel.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #849 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 19:46:21 »

I had a few thick lube kits left over. There are a few orders waiting on thick lube that purchased the pre-order thick lube kits.

[/quote]

I see.. A couple times ago you said that the pre order thick lube is the new one which is a fusion of thick and spring lube. As I already got my thick lube I assume what I get is the 'old' thick lube which only offers stem lubing not spring, correct?