Author Topic: Woot!  (Read 2334 times)

Offline plexabyte

Woot!
« on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 16:34:46 »
Hey guys! I've been a lurker for a while but finally decided to join the forum after my purchase of the Keycool Hero 84 from Massdrop. Hope to get to know you all better now!

-Plexa

Offline mrlooolz

Re: Woot!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:33:49 »
Welcome man! many great people here! Love them and respect the community and they will do the same for you! have fun in this (i like to call it) clacky world :P
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 23:46:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I got a KeyCool years ago when they still had Cherry switches - it is still going strong.  Also it is actually white, not off-white or beige.  Did you get the white or black one from Massdrop?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline plexabyte

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:12:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I got a KeyCool years ago when they still had Cherry switches - it is still going strong.  Also it is actually white, not off-white or beige.  Did you get the white or black one from Massdrop?

I got the white one with Cherry Browns. So glad they had Cherry ones available although it did add 20 bucks to the price. Now I'm trying to convince myself to not buy the Granite keycap set--to fully trick out the 84 it'd cost me more than the keyboard
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 20:34:48 by plexabyte »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 21:21:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I got the white one (of course :P) with Cherry Browns. So glad they had Cherry ones available although it did add 20 bucks to the price. Now I'm trying to convince myself to not buy the Granite keycap set--to fully trick out the 84 it'd cost me more than the keyboard  :eek:

White keyboards seem to go well with so many keycap sets.

Granite might look a bit odd as it is beige in colour, compared to the whiter than white of the KeyCool case (assuming they still do whiter than white).  Granite is great though :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline plexabyte

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:47:02 »
Here's someone else with the set on it. I'll let you decide if it looks good  ;)

http://i.imgur.com/Ps4hJkX.jpg

At any rate, I think I'd enjoy a DSA keyset. It's just finding a good one that has the right keys without a bazillion extras (OEM + 1u ctrl/fn/alt, 1.75 shift I think are the only non-standard ones).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 03:42:44 »
Here's someone else with the set on it. I'll let you decide if it looks good  ;)

http://i.imgur.com/Ps4hJkX.jpg

At any rate, I think I'd enjoy a DSA keyset. It's just finding a good one that has the right keys without a bazillion extras (OEM + 1u ctrl/fn/alt, 1.75 shift I think are the only non-standard ones).

Not too bad :)

No worse than my silver QFR with Granite on it :p