Water
3 (20%)
Ginger ale
2 (13.3%)
Other (leave comment)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Mon, 01 February 2016, 08:30:25

Author Topic: Coca-cola or Pepsi  (Read 12664 times)

Offline Wulfre

Re: Coca-cola or Pepsi
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:26:12 »
It really depends on the situation.

Pepsi tastes better, but that is because it is sweeter, so I will only have it with snacks and take sips of it. Any other way is too cloying.
Coke is a bit smoother and more tolerable in larger quantities, so it goes well with a meal.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:40:01 »
Coke has always been the better tasting to me. Vanilla, from a can and super cold.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:16:50 »
Depends. Where'd you buy it? From a grocery store in the hood or at a Target in the 'burbs? The latter, I've found, isn't as good.
Coke also bottle the HFCS (corn syrup) Coke Classic into bottles and many people think it's the same as Mexican Coke. It's not, it's just normal (HFCS) Coke Classic. If you find the right stores, during certain Jewish holidays, you can find American made Coca Cola Classic made with real sugar, however it often sells out on the first day.

The Mexi-Coke has and added white sticker with ingredients, which Coke adds to it so it can be imported from Mexico. American made one shave the ingredients already printed on the bottle.

It doesn't matter if you get it at the Mexican food store, or Walmart, it's all the same recipe. However, some of the Mexican stores, could be getting it from a different bottler (slightly different filtered water), and they use recycled bottles, whereas the officially imported ones always have a new bottle. From what I am seeing, the unofficial ones are getting harder and harder to find as it's easier and much cheaper to get it right from the local distributor.

10 years ago, one store here went from a bit over $1 a bottle to $2.25 a bottle for Mexi-Coke in a little over a years time,  and not only was it still going up due to shipping fees, it was becoming harder and harder to get it at all. They would go months without any. And unfortunately, there isn't a Mexican food store on every other corner here like where I used to live.

is this mexican coke just coke made with real sugar?

Mexi-Coke is closer to what Coca Cola was decades ago, before New Coke, which is why the bottle doesn't say "Classic".

When Coke reformulated to New Coke it was a disaster for them, while people preferred the taste, they were angry over them changing something so iconic. When they switched back due to pressure, they didn't actually go back to the old formula like people think, they reformulated it to be cheaper to produce and used HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Which is the real reason why it's called "Classic", it's not really old Coke (Coca Cola), but instead a retro flavor. I suspect it may be a cross between old Coke and New Coke, and while I can't confirm that with any documentation, there is a difference in flavor.

Mexi-Coke not only uses real sugar, but the flavor is slightly different, it has a bit more spice to it, it's also less syrupy (and therefore a bit better for your teeth). While you can drink HFCS Coke all day and not feel full, Mexi-Coke actually will fill you up. Your stomach recognizes sugar as a food, while HFCS gets ignored. Even at an increased cost, Mexi-Coke can save you money compared to HFCS Coke simply because you will drink less of it.

Interestingly, if you spill Mexi-Coke, depending on conditions, I've seen it dry into just a sugary powder rather than a sticky goo, I always thought it was Molasses that caused the goo, but it's actually the corn syrup. I have also found warm Mexi-Coke to be MUCH more tolerable than warm HFCS Coke, warm Classic is hideous, though Pepsi is even worse when warm.  I suspect flat, warm Pepsi would probably qualify as torture if used to extract information from people.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:30:30 »

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 17:36:04 »
Gotta be Coca Cola.

I don't know what the fuss is over Mexican Coke, but from the sounds of it it's the same as Coke from anywhere but America.

I died the day they took Vanilla Coke away when I was a kid. I imported a few cases from America, but it was never the same. When they brought it back a couple years ago I had a bloody field day.
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:05:45 »
I'd take Trocadero over any cola.
🍉

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:16:22 »
I don't know what the fuss is over Mexican Coke, but from the sounds of it it's the same as Coke from anywhere but America.

It is, but don't worry, they were working on replacing all Coca Cola with Coke Classic, Mexico is/was first in line.  However this happened shortly after they started importing Mexi-Coke to the US, where they have trouble keeping it stocked due to demand, and before Pepsi and Mountain Dew started bring sugar back, so I suspect those plans may have been put on hold as they try to figure out how to go forward.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:18:04 »

It is, but don't worry, they were working on replacing all Coca Cola with Coke Classic, Mexico is/was first in line.  However this happened shortly after they started importing Mexi-Coke to the US, where they have trouble keeping it stocked due to demand, and before Pepsi and Mountain Dew started bring sugar back, so I suspect those plans may have been put on hold as they try to figure out how to go forward.

Mexican Coke uses real cane sugar, while regular Coke uses high fructose corn syrup. That's the difference.

... plus it comes in a sexy Classic Coke glass bottle with a painted-on label.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:25:53 »
Depends. Where'd you buy it? From a grocery store in the hood or at a Target in the 'burbs? The latter, I've found, isn't as good.
Coke also bottle the HFCS (corn syrup) Coke Classic into bottles and many people think it's the same as Mexican Coke. It's not, it's just normal (HFCS) Coke Classic. If you find the right stores, during certain Jewish holidays, you can find American made Coca Cola Classic made with real sugar, however it often sells out on the first day.

The Mexi-Coke has and added white sticker with ingredients, which Coke adds to it so it can be imported from Mexico. American made one shave the ingredients already printed on the bottle.

It doesn't matter if you get it at the Mexican food store, or Walmart, it's all the same recipe. However, some of the Mexican stores, could be getting it from a different bottler (slightly different filtered water), and they use recycled bottles, whereas the officially imported ones always have a new bottle. From what I am seeing, the unofficial ones are getting harder and harder to find as it's easier and much cheaper to get it right from the local distributor.

10 years ago, one store here went from a bit over $1 a bottle to $2.25 a bottle for Mexi-Coke in a little over a years time,  and not only was it still going up due to shipping fees, it was becoming harder and harder to get it at all. They would go months without any. And unfortunately, there isn't a Mexican food store on every other corner here like where I used to live.

is this mexican coke just coke made with real sugar?

Mexi-Coke is closer to what Coca Cola was decades ago, before New Coke, which is why the bottle doesn't say "Classic".

When Coke reformulated to New Coke it was a disaster for them, while people preferred the taste, they were angry over them changing something so iconic. When they switched back due to pressure, they didn't actually go back to the old formula like people think, they reformulated it to be cheaper to produce and used HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Which is the real reason why it's called "Classic", it's not really old Coke (Coca Cola), but instead a retro flavor. I suspect it may be a cross between old Coke and New Coke, and while I can't confirm that with any documentation, there is a difference in flavor.

Mexi-Coke not only uses real sugar, but the flavor is slightly different, it has a bit more spice to it, it's also less syrupy (and therefore a bit better for your teeth). While you can drink HFCS Coke all day and not feel full, Mexi-Coke actually will fill you up. Your stomach recognizes sugar as a food, while HFCS gets ignored. Even at an increased cost, Mexi-Coke can save you money compared to HFCS Coke simply because you will drink less of it.

Interestingly, if you spill Mexi-Coke, depending on conditions, I've seen it dry into just a sugary powder rather than a sticky goo, I always thought it was Molasses that caused the goo, but it's actually the corn syrup. I have also found warm Mexi-Coke to be MUCH more tolerable than warm HFCS Coke, warm Classic is hideous, though Pepsi is even worse when warm.  I suspect flat, warm Pepsi would probably qualify as torture if used to extract information from people.

Coke Scientist Dr. Leslieann. ;D

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:41:29 »
Coke Scientist Dr. Leslieann. ;D

Coke Maestro
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 20:09:07 »
Pepsi Cola Max.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 10:39:17 »
Also, does anyone know how to start a poll?

Mods/admins.  Let us know what you want the question and options to be, we make it happen.

PM'd  :) Also, Dr Pepper is awesome.
Yoda grammar best has

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 08:32:01 »

Mods/admins.  Let us know what you want the question and options to be, we make it happen.

Poll is up.  It's obviously not the most thorough, but oh well.  :P

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 15:20:52 »

Poll is up.  It's obviously not the most thorough, but oh well.  :P

Thanks Hoffman!
Yoda grammar best has