Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1705 times)

Offline xJudas

Hello all!
« on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 14:45:13 »
Hey gang, new member here. I keep getting pointed to this forum anytime I ask where people got really cool keycaps from or cool board ideas, and it looks like this is the place to follow.

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2016, 19:29:30 by xJudas »

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:24:39 »
Welcome!
what type of switches are you using?

Offline xJudas

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:27:58 »
Welcome!
what type of switches are you using?

Cherry MX Blues in the Ducky. MX Browns in the G710+. Ducky was my first mech, I haven't tried out any other switches yet.

Offline Behemothe

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:33:00 »
I'm digging that G502. I think I'll be replacing my old-school deathadder with one of those. Do you like it?

Offline seville57

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:47:15 »
Hey gang, new member here. I keep getting pointed to this forum anytime I ask where people got really cool keycaps from or cool board ideas, and it looks like this is the place to follow.

I've got two mech boards, a Ducky Shine 3 with stock black keys and white vortex keys and a Logitech G710+ which I cannot get used to at all. Here's a really crappy pic of my Ducky

Show Image

Welcome!

I have some Ducky Shine  2/3/4 k-boards with different keycaps sets, some of the boards are in the ISO/Nordic layout and some are in the ANSI layout.

A bad pic of my ANSI Ducky Shine 3 with Miami keycaps set + Miami sleeved 550 Paracord USB Cable from Pexon.

A pic of my Ducky Year Of The Goat and ISO/Nordic Ducky Shine 3 with Jukebox SA keycaps sets.

My Ducky Shine 4 69 Edition Fire Version with Galaxy Class keycaps set (Massdrop). The spacebar is the stock Ducky 69 spacebar.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:06:06 by seville57 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:18:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I have three Ducky Shines - great keyboards :)

Has yours got blue or purple LEDs?  If purple, they are very dark purple.  Many purple LEDs are so light they could be mistaken for pink - not these though!

There is also a post your duckies thread - feel free to post your Ducky there.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ