Author Topic: Planck Legs for Dat Angle  (Read 2294 times)

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
Planck Legs for Dat Angle
« on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 19:22:29 »
Title says it all. I wanted some legs for my Planck, so I went ahead and printed some. I put the outer edge of the feet around 10mm from the edge of the case, and I get around an 11 degree angle.

Thingiverse Link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1284812

Pics!

Offline domsch1988

Re: Planck Legs for Dat Angle
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 00:42:39 »
I never understood why someone would want to tilt their keyboard that way  :eek:

None the less, good work. Every second post i read makes me want a 3D Printer even more... This Forum turns out to be quiet an expensive website  :))

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:15:21 »
I never understood why someone would want to tilt their keyboard that way  :eek:

None the less, good work. Every second post i read makes me want a 3D Printer even more... This Forum turns out to be quiet an expensive website  :))

cause its better.
My Lightsaver was perfect. I think that was a 11°

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:40:12 »

Depending on placement between chair height, keyboard height, and height of the person, it can be more ergonomic than flat or negative tilt.  The higher the keyboard is in relation to the body, the more angle is required.  The lower it is, the flatter or negative tilt may be needed or wanted.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:44:40 »

Depending on placement between chair height, keyboard height, and height of the person, it can be more ergonomic than flat or negative tilt.  The higher the keyboard is in relation to the body, the more angle is required.  The lower it is, the flatter or negative tilt may be needed or wanted.
I agree. Before I had the desk I am currently using, I would always have keyboards flat. Now I can't stand it being flat

Offline domsch1988

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:48:13 »

Yes, but imho the Desk needs to be so low, that in normal sitting position, your forearms are parallel with the desk. In that position a slight negative tilt is perfect. But that's just me... To each their own

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:00:34 »

Yes, but imho the Desk needs to be so low, that in normal sitting position, your forearms are parallel with the desk. In that position a slight negative tilt is perfect. But that's just me... To each their own
It definitely is nicer to have a desk like that. I would probably like the negative angle too if I had a desk like that.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:03:59 »

A lot of people don't get that luxury.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iss

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 06:24:18 »
How are you attaching the feet?

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:37:40 »
How are you attaching the feet?
I just used some hot glue. I didn't think it would be that strong at first, but when I needed to readjust one, it took a lot of force to pull it off.