Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Babysun

• From Detroit. Moved to Seattle. Now in Korea.
Hello!
« on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:00:43 »
Hello.  I live in Seoul, Korea.  I live about 10 minutes from leaderskey which is pretty convenient.

I just upgraded from my old dasKeyboard to a new Leopold 660c.

125313-0

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:27:21 »
Hello.  I live in Seoul, Korea.  I live about 10 minutes from leaderskey which is pretty convenient.

(Attachment Link)

Nice pickup! What do you think of the FC660C? Any other topre boards to compare to?

Welcome to GH!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:09:46 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Ah, the white FC660C, nice :)  Had that colour been available when I had the option of purchasing an HHKB I probably would have gone for the FC660C.  As it is I have an HHKB and still want an FC660C :))

Which keyboard do you prefer - the DAS or the FC660C?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Babysun

• From Detroit. Moved to Seattle. Now in Korea.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 08:12:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Ah, the white FC660C, nice :)  Had that colour been available when I had the option of purchasing an HHKB I probably would have gone for the FC660C.  As it is I have an HHKB and still want an FC660C :))

Which keyboard do you prefer - the DAS or the FC660C?

Ever since I saw korean pros in SC2 use Leopolds I have always wanted one. That said the HHKBs  were beautiful.  My 660c is light years better than my Das. After using it for a week I can say I can't go back to mx cherrys anymore. The topres are so much more firm and responsive that now when I type with cherries it feels like I'm pressing nothing. 

(Attachment Link)

Nice pickup! What do you think of the FC660C? Any other topre boards to compare to?

Welcome to GH!

I only have extensive experience with my Das but I did play around with the RFs and HHKBs while I was there. The only one I noticed a significant difference in was the RF 10th anniversary. It felt marginally better than the 660c.  Other than that the HHKB and the Leopold felt practically the same to me.