Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1381 times)

Offline zmka

Greetings
« on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 00:02:16 »
Hi folks.
For some reason I was looking for a keyboard better than the one I currently own, and next I ended up searching these forums - and then I dropped coin for a filco.  It is forthcoming - I'll post a pic when it arrives.
I've only ever used membrane keyboards, but the one on its way to me is a Majestouch 2 tkl with cherry blues.  I purchased it blindly on the recommendation of perfect strangers from this and other forums.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 10:42:22 »
I purchased blindly on the recommendation of perfect strangers from this and other forums.

Congratulations on getting a true understanding of the inner workings of geekhack.

Filcos are nice though. I am a sucker for IBM and Cherry stuff as far as plastic is concerned.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 10:43:05 »
I purchased blindly on the recommendation of perfect strangers from this and other forums.

Congratulations on getting a true understanding of the inner workings of geekhack.

Filcos are nice though. I am a sucker for IBM and Cherry stuff as far as plastic is concerned.

Needs more LEDs.

Welcome to the club!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:23:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I also bought my first modern mechanical keyboard based on recommendations from here, and I haven't looked back since (some 10 or 12 additional keyboard later, although I think most of them were my fault).  My original keyboard is still going strong, by the way.

The Filco is a good, sturdy, reliable keyboard with a standard layout - all good points.  With a little care it should last you for many years.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ