Author Topic: Need help with my project.  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Gavus

Need help with my project.
« on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 14:50:11 »
Hi!

I'm having a project where I try to design a split keyboard using parts from cherry g84-4100. I need help from someone whom can look at my schematics to see if I missed something critical. The schematics can be seen below.

I was following a guide from deskthority as closely as I could. I also designed footprints for cherry ml switch, I would gladly send it to someone if they want to take a look at it for errors. Excuse me if I'm at the wrong place, this is my first post.

Offline regack

Re: Need help with my project.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:06:38 »
Hi Gavus, welcome to geekhack.  I haven't looked over your schematic in detail, but I did notice that you have 2 of the LEDs on pins without hardware PWM.  LED_A is on PC7, so that's fine.  You can, of course, use software PWM, but moving the others to something like PB5, PB6, PD6 or PD7 would put them on the hardware PWM pins (at least as far as I remember).  I'll take a closer look when I get a chance.  I'd love to see (I'm sure others will also) what your overall design is, if you have any drawings or anything. 

Offline Gavus

Re: Need help with my project.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:25:01 »
Thank you! I didn't even think about hardware pwm. I took a photo of my first design but I changed the position for the thumbkeys.
Changes is not a problem at the moment since all current work is done in kicad. I'll try to find someone who can help me with printing the circuit boards if the schematics looks ok.