Author Topic: Hello from Nashville!  (Read 1212 times)

Offline nemoy

Hello from Nashville!
« on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:29:18 »
Hello to everyone! I've been lurking this board for several months now and thought it was about time to go ahead and join. I've got a WASD v2 with the DSA Dolch caps and MX Blues that I've had for several years as well as a HHKB Pro 2 that I just got last week. I've also got a Nerd60 on order from Gon but I am just acting like it doesn't exist until it actually shows up. I am hoping to pick up a Mobik kit and make that my first build at some point this year. I'm really interested in 40% boards right now as I have been doing more traveling for work and would love to have something I can just toss in my bag when I am away home.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
Re: Hello from Nashville!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:35:26 »
Hi there  :) I find myself browsing Gon's site quite often. All the options available, omg. Welcome  :thumb:
Chris Schammert

Offline stick

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:40:18 »
It took me a long time to decide what I wanted in the Nerd60 and then about another week to convince myself to actually spend the $$$ on it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:52:24 by stick »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 04:02:25 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Actually the HHKB is an excellent travelling keyboard - as it has no plate it is very light, but also sturdy, 60% with an intuitive function layer, well supported, much loved.  It is an end game keyboard for quite a few people.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline studentben

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 17:58:43 »
I'm interested in the 40% keyboards too!

I currently have a Poker 2 and bought a sleeve from the people at Specialeemade, and I carry it to school almost everyday. I use it with a Surface Pro 3 and it's amazing to type on. Looking for something smaller and lighter for school though.

If you ever get a chance to use a 40% keyboard let me know how you like it!!

Also, welcome to GH! Even though I've only been here a couple of days. :P

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 18:01:29 »
Hello, hello from nashville. I too am from nashville